Just came back, asking for advice fellow force users!

-Rove-

Hi guys! I'm a former swtor player, i played in vanilla then unsubscribed due to real life problems, just to say that i'm not a complete rookie :) ; I decided to came back to swtor now because i have some spare time and just wanted to experience the xpacs/endgame.

Now to the point: before the break i was levelling an immortal jugg (second toon after capping a sentinel) and i had a lot of fun so i decided that he'll be my main. I have to admit that i found myself a little confused with the changes to the talent tree/skills, so i decided to seek help in this forum.

I leveled all the way to 43 (current level) with immortal spec and jaesa; since my main goal for endgame is strictly PvP, it would be better to level as vengeance to learn how to use effectively talents/procs in PvP? And also wich is for you the fastest levelling talent choise?

Sorry for the wall of text and for my english, i'm not a native speaker :)

Many thanks for the help, cya!

Welcome back buddy, I'll try and keep it simple for you're English skills:

Talents have been simplified to the point where you just choose damage or tanking.

Immortal is both great for solo and PvP

If you are trying to level faster, use Vett and outfit her nicely.

I've used Vett all game and she kicks ***!

If that is still too slow for you then go Rage but I suggest sticking with Immortality because you'll be able to solo anything unless it's a pack of Golds and you'll have less down time.

Good luck and may the force be with you!

Hi guys! I'm a former swtor player, i played in vanilla then unsubscribed due to real life problems, just to say that i'm not a complete rookie :) ; I decided to came back to swtor now because i have some spare time and just wanted to experience the xpacs/endgame.

Now to the point: before the break i was levelling an immortal jugg (second toon after capping a sentinel) and i had a lot of fun so i decided that he'll be my main. I have to admit that i found myself a little confused with the changes to the talent tree/skills, so i decided to seek help in this forum.

I leveled all the way to 43 (current level) with immortal spec and jaesa; since my main goal for endgame is strictly PvP, it would be better to level as vengeance to learn how to use effectively talents/procs in PvP? And also wich is for you the fastest levelling talent choise?

Sorry for the wall of text and for my english, i'm not a native speaker :)

Many thanks for the help, cya!

I would suggest dps geared immortal spec for PVE or Rage. In PvP, tank PvP is dead since there is a lack of healers and you easily separate a tank from his group.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I sticked with immortal since 50 due to my bad gear (12x class story fault), after buying/crafting some gear i tried rage with quinn and i had a BLAST playing it!! I don't know if it's just the new gear but the output damage is huge, i'm thinking to keep rage also for 60 pvp (even if the common opinion in this forum seems to be that vengeance is better by a big margin).

When i'll hit 60 they'll mail me the base pvp set or i'll have to farm it through warzones?

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, go right ahead and do this, if you want to get 3-shot by an operation boss and get globalled in PvP because you have zero mitigation and don't even have anything resembling good DPS to make up for it. :rolleyes:

1) Except I did Eternity Vault as dps tank and other classics as either a off-tank/main. Got pictures to prove it.

2) Except that doesn't happen either consider I took up to 6 players at once as a dps tank where as my Vigilance can barely take on 2.

Edited by adproduction

1) Except I did Eternity Vault as dps tank and other classics as either a off-tank/main. Got pictures to prove it.

2) Except that doesn't happen either consider I took up to 6 players at once as a dps tank where as my Vigilance can barely take on 2.

LOL! Congratulations, you can do EV as a "DPS tank". I can "tank" NiM EC as a Hatred Assassin without a single piece of tank gear or a shield, but that doesn't make it viable and anyone who knows how things work understands that.

If you're taking 6 people on in your terrible build you're facing bads, and if you can barely survive 2 people as Vengeance for any amount of time you're the bad.

LOL! Congratulations, you can do EV as a "DPS tank". I can "tank" NiM EC as a Hatred Assassin without a single piece of tank gear or a shield, but that doesn't make it viable and anyone who knows how things work understands that.

If you're taking 6 people on in your terrible build you're facing bads, and if you can barely survive 2 people as Vengeance for any amount of time you're the bad.

1) YOU JUST CONTRADICT YOUR OWN ARGUMENT. YOU NOTED HOW DPS TANKING DOESN'T WORK ONLY TO ADMIT THAT YOU JUST DPS TANK NiM EC. The whole point of proving something is wrong or not viable is by saying you fail to do something. Trying to appeal populace doesn't work in this same argument either considering what you achieved. It doesn't matter what they think consider what you did. In addition, if it was suppose to work a certain way, your dps tank would have not had a chance to make it through the operation so you killed your own argument in your narcissistic troll rage. Maybe if you spent less time trying to throw insults and be mind of your own post, you would be less likely to contradict yourself.

2) I guess that makes Grand bad because when I observe Grand and he dies when two or more people join any fight he is in. And let's not talk about how got killed in a 2 on 2. Also holding up to 6 people for nearly 20 seconds so the pylon can go off so we can win the match isn't exactly a sign of sucking.

Edited by adproduction

1) YOU JUST CONTRADICT YOUR OWN ARGUMENT. YOU NOTED HOW DPS TANKING DOESN'T WORK ONLY TO ADMIT THAT YOU JUST DPS TANK NiM EC. The whole point of proving something is wrong or not viable is by saying you fail to do something. Trying to appeal populace doesn't work in this same argument either considering what you achieved. It doesn't matter what they think consider what you did. In addition, if it was suppose to work a certain way, your dps tank would have not had a chance to make it through the operation so you killed your own argument in your narcissistic troll rage. Maybe if you spent less time trying to throw insults and be mind of your own post, you would be less likely to contradict yourself.

2) I guess that makes Grand bad because when I observe Grand and he dies when two or more people join any fight he is in. And let's not talk about how got killed in a 2 on 2. Also holding up to 6 people for nearly 20 seconds so the pylon can go off so we can win the match isn't exactly a sign of sucking.

1: NiM EC isn't content that matters. NiM EC can literally be done by two people for the majority of it.

2: When you're out of cooldowns, any guardian goes squish. I prefer to let what people can observe define me, not anecdotal example from you. I have a few videos on youtube, but this will suffice

Edited by GrandLordMenace

The passive DTPS of the Guardian is high because of the main reason; Shield and Absorb > Defense. Defense in this tier is still not a fantastic mitigation pool versus bosses and abilities. When all cooldowns are unavailable, damage can get a bit hairy. But when you manage your CD's, your DTPS and EHPS will be at good levels. Edited by Luckygunslinger

Yeah, go right ahead and do this, if you want to get 3-shot by an operation boss and get globalled in PvP because you have zero mitigation and don't even have anything resembling good DPS to make up for it. :rolleyes:

PVE yeah, it's not viable for top level content. For PvP? Yeah it is. Full endurance augs and DPS mods with a shield in offhand. 12k AOE crushing blows (Autocrit btw) with my Jugg. That being the best skill but you still have other good stuff. (Average gear, 172 main/offhand)

Full endurance augs because raw hp is better than mitigation stats in pvp. Any crit bypasses your shield/absorb automatically and Defence is a notoriously poor and unreliable defensive stat in pvp. You've still got the hp of a tank but now you can put out some amazing pressure on the other team. Even in ranked, this has been effective in some groups.

Jugganaught also has the best defensive CD's in PvP, for a tank. Making it the best of the tanks (IMO) For DPS geared tank. With those CD's, you can be almost as tough as geared tanks which they are up if you're rotating them properly, all the while putting out heavy dps.

Edited by Usif

PVE yeah, it's not viable for top level content. For PvP? Yeah it is. Full endurance augs and DPS mods with a shield in offhand. 12k AOE crushing blows (Autocrit btw) with my Jugg. That being the best skill but you still have other good stuff. (Average gear, 172 main/offhand)

Full end mods because raw hp is better than mitigation stats in pvp. Any crit bypasses your shield/absorb automatically and Defence is a notoriously poor and unreliable defensive stat in pvp. You've still got the hp of a tank but now you can put out some amazing pressure on the other team. Even in ranked, this has been effective in some groups.

Jugganaught also has the best defensive CD's in PvP, for a tank. Making it the best of the tanks (IMO) For DPS geared tank. With those CD's, you can be almost as tough as geared tanks which they are up if you're rotating them properly, all the while putting out heavy dps.

Now this I can get behind. I think I will visit this in pvp for a bit tonight. Thanks for the insight boss.