Aces?

Argonloris

Also, I'll have to say I haven't seen huge differences with the recent changes. For my two cents, I don't think GS should be able to 1-shot people (and I do that a lot), FF are a bit overpowered but its not the ship.. I think it's more that Quad and Burst cannons hit too hard. If you are a good pilot then you know how to get up on someone and rain the fire. Give Nova Burst, its a close combat blaster isn't it?

To be fair if you look at laser cannons they have almost identical stats to Quads.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O, Cruel Fate! O, Vicious Fate, to be thusly boned of my heart's true desire! I prostrate myself before thee, a worm before thine righteous scorn! May thou heapest it upon me, that I may be buried in mine own unworthiness! Verily, I supplicate myself before thee...Nay! Nay, I say! I grovel to thee! Whilst thou wash mine quick fingers and slow eyes clean of their transgression against the List of Things and Bylaws thereunto pertaining, that I may look upon it and smile, and be made whole again?

Yeah seriously I just checked the JC list. I'm a imp pilot so if anyone knows I know and Grunty deserves to be on that list more then 80% of the people on it.

As for you Grunty take this as a lesson in humbleness. You would be on the boards if you kept your self promo yap shut.

But seriously OP I 100% assure you that any and every experienced JC player especially us Imperials will agree that Grunty would be on the list.

Yeah seriously I just checked the JC list. I'm a imp pilot so if anyone knows I know and Grunty deserves to be on that list more then 80% of the people on it.

As for you Grunty take this as a lesson in humbleness. You would be on the boards if you kept your self promo yap shut.

But seriously OP I 100% assure you that any and every experienced JC player especially us Imperials will agree that Grunty would be on the list.

+1. Grunty decimated me tonight, again, in a couple of non-premades (as far as I could tell). Nearly all the other "ace" pubs play together (Udezak and friends)...while they're good in their own right, I think extra points should go to the guy who can do it on his own.

tl;dr - it's a joke he isn't on the list. Hopefully the comical supplication rights this egregious wrong.

Just looking through the Bastion Aces I think we might be missing Mperfect on his Gunship.

Edit: also thanks to those that nominated me on my Pike, it is cool to get recognized even though I know I fly with and against a few of you often enough :D.

Edited by tunewalker

Edit: also thanks to those that nominated me on my Pike, it is cool to get recognized even though I know I fly with and against a few of you often enough :D.

If I had to nominate people I HAVEN'T flown with I'd be excluding a good half our server by now, lol. Besides, our Pike duels are usually pretty amusing!

Edited by TrinityLyre

If I had to nominate people I HAVEN'T flown with I'd be excluding a good half our server by now, lol. Besides, our Pike duels are usually pretty amusing!

Hell ya they do.... usually ending when one of us gets clever or makes a mistake or mostly commonly when interference from squad mates occurs, till then its pew pew dodge missile pew pew dodge missile. :D

The list has been updated with the corrections from the last few posts.

I would have accepted a simple "sorry, that was my bad." but whatever works. I've added Grunty to JC republic list. The other name changes and nominations have been added as well.

Oh Mperfect is imperial sorry didnt mention that.

Red Eclipse: I fly on 4 seperate toons (2 Imp, 2 Rep) and so while I've played with/against Ilmarinen dozens of times I can't say for sure which faction he belongs to. I'm 90% sure he's a Republican but will verify ingame asap. Agree completely with the other names mentioned. Morpheo and Jovi'juan also stand out for me due to their friendly and easy going banter during matches.

Correction: Jamos is Imperial (currently under 'unknown affiliation').

Thanks.

Red Eclipse: I fly on 4 seperate toons (2 Imp, 2 Rep) and so while I've played with/against Ilmarinen dozens of times I can't say for sure which faction he belongs to. I'm 90% sure he's a Republican but will verify ingame asap. Agree completely with the other names mentioned. Morpheo and Jovi'juan also stand out for me due to their friendly and easy going banter during matches.

Correction: Jamos is Imperial (currently under 'unknown affiliation').

Thanks.

Ilmarinen is Republic

On the Progenitor (EU)

Moganas is -THE- Republic Ace.

This guy single handely wins games for the Republic and is the bane of all Imperials. I'm talking about 30-40 kills in a Flashfire, 80-100k damage done on average. He's an unstoppable monster. All those other names mentioned look like total beginners next to him.

No other Republic name stands out like his. I've never won a game against him, or lost a game flying with him.

Also for the list of our Imperial Aces.

Leong

He can top the score for damage and kills in ANY fighter. He's THE Imperial Ace.

Others include: Akordia, Anded, Razorwire, Miriya, Mitra, Lindemann, Hettir, Miriell. Not sure what they all fly though.

But for the Prog's top GSF players. Moganas and Leong. hands down.

I also play on TOFN, but I haven't played enough games there to really see who the best of the best are. I'll add that soon.

Edited by The_Raven_Lord

On the Progenitor (EU)

For the Imperial Side I would have to go for dog fighting and tactical awareness Nymika. Good at getting objective on the capture missions and good with using powerups and killing when on a death match. Too many beginning pilots spend too long chasing on scout back and forgetting what needs to be done to win.

For support Gopeto. Good support makes all the difference in a match. Its well played Bomber pilots that know where to place drones and mines to the best effect that make them seem over powered. But if you don't know what you are doing your drones are destroyed and you are just a sitting duck.

So as not to devalue the notion of an Ace I shall stop there.

Moganas is -THE- Republic Ace.

This guy single handely wins games for the Republic and is the bane of all Imperials. I'm talking about 30-40 kills in a Flashfire, 80-100k damage done on average. He's an unstoppable monster. All those other names mentioned look like total beginners next to him.

No other Republic name stands out like his. I've never won a game against him, or lost a game flying with him.

Moganas is good, but not that good. We can dispatch him without bigger problems unless he's got Damage Overload. And in fact we, Imps, are outnumbered on Progenitor and considerably weaker than Pubs. Still, we're fighting with pride.

o7 Lindemann

http://i60.tinypic.com/18hcno.jpg

Moganas is good, but not that good. We can dispatch him without bigger problems unless he's got Damage Overload. And in fact we, Imps, are outnumbered on Progenitor and considerably weaker than Pubs. Still, we're fighting with pride.

o7 Lindemann

http://i60.tinypic.com/18hcno.jpg

So Ace IRL means 5 career kills, of course RL has no respawns and far less encounters for any pilot.

In GSF I would say if you either earn more then 5 kills per match or at lest average 5 kills and assists(#kills + #assist divided by 2) per balanced match you really should be considered an Ace. Of course that list would fill up fast, so I don't know exactly where you would draw the line.

I would say:

- players who are consistently good

- Consistently on

- Consistently noticed

So Ace IRL means 5 career kills, of course RL has no respawns and far less encounters for any pilot.

In GSF I would say if you either earn more then 5 kills per match or at lest average 5 kills and assists(#kills + #assist divided by 2) per balanced match you really should be considered an Ace. Of course that list would fill up fast, so I don't know exactly where you would draw the line.

I would say:

- players who are consistently good

- Consistently on

- Consistently noticed

I would say 6/1 kill death ratio if you want to go by the historical ace requirements of 5 kills. But I also wouldn't decide on aces until there was a solo que and a group que. a gunship who gets 25 kills in a match because he has 3 buddies running bait and interference for him against a bunch of 2 ship noobs isn't exactly ace material, if he can do it against other groups then fine.

Glad to see JC represented so well. A lot of good names up on the list...

I would nominate Levv for the imperial side.....I have been dusted many times at the end of those cannons. Whenever I get a match with imperials and that name is in the column I know we are in for a match.

Glad to see JC represented so well. A lot of good names up on the list...

I would nominate Levv for the imperial side.....I have been dusted many times at the end of those cannons. Whenever I get a match with imperials and that name is in the column I know we are in for a match.

I don't know if we are stacked or just overly active on forums. It would be interesting to see a PvE server actually be top place for PVP gameplay in GSF if it is true.

Once again the list is current to this post ( I use this as a marker for myself so I know where to start from)

As for what makes an ace it wouldn't be just 5 kills in this game as I would see it. I would just say overall skill. What that means is up to each individual player. It may be high kills, a lot of assists ( there are pilots who are often low on the kill list due to bad timing where another person finishes off their target.) or times where you find a pilot that just never seems to die. (I'm talking about skilled evasive maneuvers, not running back behind their capital ships every 10 seconds)

In this game the context of Ace is variable.

Edited by Argonloris

Red Eclipse

I would like to nominate a empire player by name of something like Maximusprime.

Not top on kills, damage etc but one of the best pug team players ive seen, always covers gunships butts when they get focused, he caps when needed to good all rounder player and a nice player to top it off.