DPS queues

Aweful. Im in Harbinger server (very heavily populated) and it still takes ~an hour to pop a FP as a DPS, while it takes ~10 mins as a healer and ~5 mins as a tank. That said, it is more fun (for me) just dpsing a FP then trying to tank/heal it with PUGs for probably all the same reasons you wanna try dpsing.

If you can, try queing as both heal and dps, and see which pops. 99% of the time you will pop as the healer but every now and then you get to sit back and dps (what I do with my hybrid Op)

I'm on Proffecy of the Five, and My que times are as follows:

Tank : Instant for both Heroics and SM Ops

Healer : 2m Max for heroics. Havn't tried Ops as healer yet.

DPS : 30 minutes is about on par.

Just gotta think about it like this. There are double the amount of DPS queing as there are tanks and healers.

1 tank, 1 heals, and 2 dps. Most casuals I know or have played with try and avoid the responcibility that comes with tanking and healing, so you are going to have a harder time filling those roles, hence the que time difference. I have been a Tank/Healer in every MMO I have played in, just for the fast groups lol. I don't mind the responcibility :)

Suno

I find that there's windows where dps HM fp pops can happen in 10-20 minutes, usually 6-8pm is a safe bet.

But the stupid thing putting me as a tank 4 times in a row (yes, after I double triple checked that only dps was checked) and forcing me to reenter the queue at the bottom doesn't help matters.

remember if you are placed on others ignore list you will not be grouped with them. this can also impact your time in getting a group.

you dont have to be a "bad" player to be on ignore. being a inconsiderate idiot in general chat or in playing the game will suffice for many. so you just might want to think about this every time you respond in general chat as some players have a low tolerance for childish and or idiotic responses. barrnens chat antics will impact you getting a group in this game as many of us just refuse to deal with such players anymore. racing past players to guest items or nodes they are killing mobs at will also get you on ignore. i have done this to far too many players at level 50 let alone leveling up.

in other words your actions can impact your length of time in queue and not just the role or time you play. you are being punished. so just watch what you do or say. we are.

snipers and marauders and their rep dopplegangers ^^ should have bigger chance than other dps classes since they can play only dps role ;)

And Operatives/Sorcerers shouldnt be able to queue for DPS and be heals only since they wont ever touch the classes you mentioned.

snipers and marauders and their rep dopplegangers ^^ should have bigger chance than other dps classes since they can play only dps role ;)

NO.

That's a terrible idea. If they took your advice people would stop dpsing as other classes (Jug, Merc, PT, Sorc, Assassin, Operative) since you'd be screwing them over. Did you at least try to think that idea through?

Longest queues on my tank are like 5 minutes, and that's only if multiple DPS in the q don't accept the invite cause they're afk. If tank queue is longer than a minute, I know Q is short on healers, so I hop to my sorc and get an instant. Same on the sorc in reverse, though I've waited up to 10 mins before, and every once in a while it pops me as DPS instead of heals.

Sometimes like 30 mins for DPS on my guardian, but that's while doing dailies so I don't mind.

Lately have been focus tanking a bit on him, which is a bit squishy, but not too bad as long as healer is not afk for anything below LI, and would prob be fine for LI if healer is decent.

I guess what I'm saying here is I don't have an answer to OP, cause I don't sit on fleet and wait on DPS Now that free field respec is a thing.