2.0 Lethality Hybrid

bbare

I've been playing around with builds on the PTS and I find this spec to be most suiting for a pve lethality hybrid. I was wondering what other people have found as well.

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sniper/235/?build=023000000000000000000000000000000223300022101002000000000000000002300221012220210120000000000000&ver=20

Most of it is straightforward. The only thing I really had to think about was precision ambush vs experimental explosives. I took the latter, because it would be more helpful in aoe situations (3500 frag grenades ftw) and orbital puts out a greater percentage of my damage than ambush even with precision ambush.

Opener:

Ambush > Orbital > IP > CG > CD > Cull > EP > SoS > Lazed Snipe > Cull

Sustained Rotation:

IP > CG > RS > CD > Cull > EP (Skip if on CD) > SoS > Lazed Snipe/Ambush/RS (LS has priority, RS if energy is a problem) > Cull

Edited by bbare

You need to see if you can overcome the DPS loss by not taking the lethal takedown and weakening blast. If you can overcome this, then it will be a viable build.

I've already tested that. It is a noticeable dps boost to take leth/eng hybrid over full lethality. Parses are in "Sniper 2.0" Thread.

sorry, i was kinda unattentive. And i suppose it beats new MM as well? Also, i don't know if 50 dummy is good for an accurate measure. there might be stuff that helps one spec or another if you are hitting a lower level dummy. Just my expectations. I am not a PvE sniper.

sorry, i was kinda unattentive. And i suppose it beats new MM as well? Also, i don't know if 50 dummy is good for an accurate measure. there might be stuff that helps one spec or another if you are hitting a lower level dummy. Just my expectations. I am not a PvE sniper.

I haven't tested marksman, because I have no interest in running it. From talking to other snipers, most of them have found marksman to be inferior in damage to lethality and the hybrid. I was using the new lvl 55 operations dummy, so it would be an accurate measure to test the raw dps of different specs. I didn't do a good job in my OP mentioning that this spec is a pve spec. That has been included my OP. There really isn't that much difference in rotation between lethality and the hybrid. The one thing you have to be attentive of is that the hybrid does not have lingering toxins, but I'm experienced enough to avoid culling without your poisons up. Sometimes it will be inevitable you will miss the second cull, but it isn't common enough that full lethality will be the better choice in most fights.

TL;DR: The Specs are pretty much the same in 2.0 as they were in 1.7. The hybrid will put out more dps in almost every fight if you got your rotation down. Lethality has more room for error and you will probably do better with full lethality if you have little experience with the hybrid and are not familiar with the raid mechanics.

Edited by bbare

Do you find the DPS gap between full Lethality and Lethality/Eng to be similar to what it is now? Or any closer? Devouring Microbes does make up a small difference that you can't parse as easily, but my guess is that it's still too minor to make full Leth catch up.

As far as your spec, it looks about the same as what I'll be using. I'll probably take Hit & Run over Flash Powder, although I don't see myself using it most of the time anyway. As far as Precision Ambush vs. Experimental Explosives, I'd like to do the math but I'll have to wait until I can get on and see what crit % and numbers are like. I'm leaning towards Experimental Explosives for sure, although I may use Precision if it can pull a higher single target number.

I just feel that they are truing to bump MM to be DPS wise closer to lethality in PvE. This could be their intention with all those crazy changes done. I would certainly have a look on it. Especially after finding a sweet spot with alacrity. But we need someone like Tibbel to calculate all this stuff.

Do you find the DPS gap between full Lethality and Lethality/Eng to be similar to what it is now? Or any closer? Devouring Microbes does make up a small difference that you can't parse as easily, but my guess is that it's still too minor to make full Leth catch up.

As far as your spec, it looks about the same as what I'll be using. I'll probably take Hit & Run over Flash Powder, although I don't see myself using it most of the time anyway. As far as Precision Ambush vs. Experimental Explosives, I'd like to do the math but I'll have to wait until I can get on and see what crit % and numbers are like. I'm leaning towards Experimental Explosives for sure, although I may use Precision if it can pull a higher single target number.

Its pretty much the same as it was before, about 100-150 less dps.

EE should put out more a little more single-target damage than precision ambush, even if your crit is low. What happens is that both talents increase the damage of their respective abilities by about the same amount, but orbital is applied more times than ambush, resulting in more damage.

Its even more important you take EE if you use the 2p pvp set, which will still be better, even though you have to sacrifice ~60 cunning. Think of it this way. You are getting an extra tick of orbital every 1 minute. On average, your orbital will hit for ~4k damage with this spec. 4k damage every minute is about 67 extra dps. You really think the extra cunning will result in more than 67 dps?

Edited by bbare

As a long-time full lethality player, I'm liking the look of the hybrid spec a lot mainly because it has room to pick up the 3% accuracy skill from the MM tree. Anyone without that skill in their spec will have a much harder time with gear selections at the early stages of level 55 itemization.

Also, as I move my way up the Lethality tree, I feel like I have to waste about 5 points to get to the top, 5 points that I simply don't care about where they go, as they really don't help me much. Sure, getting Weakening Blast and Lethal Takedown would be great, but I hate to have to spend extra points just to get there. The hybrid spec doesn't have this problem, I don't feel like I'm wasting anything in that build.

I like it a lot, I think I'll probably use the same thing for leveling up from 50 to 55.

hi!

The lethality hybrid seems very interesting, have someone used it in pvp?

Best regards

kraroz

Despite all the buffs, it's not very recommended to use lethality hybrid in pvp. Yes it hits like a truck, but it's a very clumsy spec. You are better of commiting full 31 (then 36) pts to a tree in PvP.

Haven't been parsing on my sniper in a while (focusing on my sorc at the moment), but AT A GLANCE, one can argue that an advantage Full lethality has over the Lethality/Engi Hybrid is its ability to burst down adds on target switches faster.

Say HM S&V first boss when the 2 Bat adds come (need to be killed asap because they target the shield generator), Lethality has Takedown -> SoS after the first Cull while Hybrid only has its SoS after its first Cull. Just little details and i'm sure plenty of people will have good results with both specs.

Edited by paowee

Haven't been parsing on my sniper in a while (focusing on my sorc at the moment), but AT A GLANCE, one can argue that an advantage Full lethality has over the Lethality/Engi Hybrid is its ability to burst down adds on target switches faster.

Say HM S&V first boss when the 2 Bat adds come (need to be killed asap because they target the shield generator), Lethality has Takedown -> SoS after the first Cull while Hybrid only has its SoS after its first Cull. Just little details and i'm sure plenty of people will have good results with both specs.

It depends on the types of adds. With full lethality, it will be easier to burst down strong-type adds. With the hybrid, it is easier to aoe down groups of adds, and single-target elite+ adds.

It depends on the types of adds. With full lethality, it will be easier to burst down strong-type adds. With the hybrid, it is easier to aoe down groups of adds, and single-target elite+ adds.

Yes thanks for the clarification. Examples of strong type adds would be the bats in first boss S&V. The adds in titan 6 though both specs should use orbital strike for them anyways. puzzle boss adds on the ground floor is an example of elite+ adds so hybrid MIGHT be better for that (since it has better sustained from what we can tell from people's parses on the pts).