new arena is trash

septru

i was wrong. i concede. I thought i had seen trash players in solo ranked. But then i got pubs on my team. Every single one of them gets globaled. yup. ranked is good

You can always stop queing.. or play other games.

This toxic mentality ain't helping nor is it encouraging new players to even attempt ranked.

Also, the new arena is pretty awesome, but maybe they should ask you personally the next time before they make a new map...

Or maybe you can make a pvp guide for new pvpers , this toxic mentality is what give us slow *** ques in pvp in the long term because the good pvpers dont want to even give good advice to new ones.

I admit I am not a good pvper , I used to be good( not great but I could hold my own) now I am trying to figure out how to get gear for my guardian and be of help to the team so far I guess tanking instead of dpsing is better for the team since I dont seem to do much dmg in vigilance ( have to mention I been gone for a year almost give or take and now I am trying to get tier 2 gear 132 and up? and work my way from there) it takes time and pvp helps with the farming of UC but what do you want people like me to do? or new pvpers? to stay in regular forever?

So far I been trying rank and while I am always the suckiest as a really bad geared tank/skank pvper I can at least help with guard and won some and lost others.The ones I won other teammates helped by giving advice and setting a strategy before the start of the match the ones that we lost the teamates mostly have been toxic or always said something negative.

Make a guide or help in game.It will help us all believe me.More pvpers means faster ques and eventually better teammates if you help them.Alienate them from the start and see the game slowly dying specially the pvp.

Look m8. I am the first to give advice. If players want to know how to increase survibility, if players want to learn how to increase damage, if players want to learn how to position, if players want to learn how to work w the team, I am the first to help them out on the team. But if you consistently do these things

or maybe they can learn how to not get globaled in regs? or how to do more than 1k dps in a 4 man cleave as lethality? or how to stay in cover? or how to stealth out?

then the only advice I can give you is go to regs and learn because you are missing fundamental skills that can not be taught.

So far I been trying rank and while I am always the suckiest as a really bad geared tank/skank pvper I can at least help with guard and won some and lost others.The ones I won other teammates helped by giving advice and setting a strategy before the start of the match the ones that we lost the teamates mostly have been toxic or always said something negative.

So far I've played maybe 20 games in S10 and every single loss has been because of a pub. Literally, no exageration, pubs that have no business in ranked are 90% a sign of a loss. At least in S9 you could que dodge the imps that you knew would get globaled.

I'm so proud of you prum, you are finally starting to understand how hard ranked is when you don't (can't) work the system.

Thats the thing you only learn so much from regulars when the other team is just kicking your *** and you dont have a chance of doing anything the way the system is now it helps to balance it a little and bad pvpers learn from good ones from their team. The old system in my opinion was 1 sided most of the time and people just quit all together.

the knocks off the top and subsequent time spent getting back up gets most of the attention, probably deservedly

but the most heinous feature of this map is definitely that little room inside the middle structure. the LOS occupies an absurd % of the total area, it's so small as to make playing in there infuriating (especially on certain specs), and it's also so small that seeing anything with how the camera works is a nightmare

it badly needs to be redone - at the very least it should be made vastly larger, at least hollowing out the structure it's set inside of (if they insist on it existing at all)

Edited by yellow_

It seems the typical strategy for this map is for everybody to run up top and try not to get knocked down, else it's pretty much game over. As a Mara, I try to keep my opponents to the outside of the circle so I can't get knocked down. I think I went 2-1 on this map, never got knocked down. I wouldn't say it's trash, but I can understand the hate.

Regarding weak players in ranked, it's clear that a single really bad player can ruin the experience. I played some games the other day and there was a guardian in queue who was definitely one of the worst players I have ever seen. I would have thought he was throwing, except he played horribly all the time. So it's not like he was trying in some games, not in others. Assuming a 50% chance of getting said player on your team, 50% against (small queue population), that means that you'll have a 50% win rate. That sort of win rate will put you around 1200. So if you have any aspirations of climbing higher than that, you pretty much have to have that guy on your friends list and not play when he is online.

Regarding the atmosphere of ranked, yeah it can still be pretty toxic. Probably the most toxic people I have seen fall into one of two groups: 1) weak players who like to blame other people for their shortcomings, or 2) highly rated players.

I had the "fun" experience of being on the same team as a well known, highly rated player in a trinity comp game. We lost in the third round. I thought it was a really close, hard fought series. Said ranked stud decided to blame me for "sitting on the healer 50% of the game," which was hilariously wrong. I would sometimes leap over to healer to choke or mezz him (which we only won round 2 after I had a well timed mezz on said healer that resulted in us finishing off a dps of theirs). Once or twice I did hit the healer to try and distract him from healing his dps and to interrupt his casted heal. But 50%? Lol no. Oh, and I was top damage on our team every single round BTW....:rolleyes:

Anyway, I think my rant is over. The player is highly rated and obviously knows what he's doing, but he was so wrong this time. The whole atmosphere of ranked can be so toxic that I really cannot enjoy it without minimizing chat and just not even caring about rating. The rewards are pretty awesome (lots of CXP, unassembled components, crafting mats, credits), but it feels like BW is dangling a carrot over a piranha infested swimming pool.

EDIT: One last thing. The queue population is still small enough that it would be sooo easy to get a buddy or two to play on throwaway characters. If they end up on your team, they will play to win. If they are against you, they'll just not use DCDs, split damage, etc. and basically throw the game without anybody being able to tell. Yay ranked. :rolleyes:

Edited by teclado