Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

new arena is trash

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
new arena is trash

Seterade
08.12.2018 , 04:49 PM | #11
I'm so proud of you prum, you are finally starting to understand how hard ranked is when you don't (can't) work the system.

Pizza_boy
08.12.2018 , 04:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
just fly hack into a wall so you can win anyway

oh **** wait
haHAA

For real tho, this season is p00p
Laet
<Failure>

Crazyknight
08.12.2018 , 05:34 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
I'm so proud of you prum, you are finally starting to understand how hard ranked is when you don't (can't) work the system.

Thats the thing you only learn so much from regulars when the other team is just kicking your *** and you dont have a chance of doing anything the way the system is now it helps to balance it a little and bad pvpers learn from good ones from their team. The old system in my opinion was 1 sided most of the time and people just quit all together.
"For me Revan will always be that shadowy figure with no true form or substance, representative of nothing and everything at the same time. " -Drew Karpyshyn

My referral link.... http://www.swtor.com/r/NmlMDP

Lhancelot
08.12.2018 , 05:43 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
How dare you.
WHAT KILLED SWTOR?
Ignoring player feedback regarding what was fun in

the game, ruining conquest, gearing, and too many other things to list.

Crazyknight
08.12.2018 , 05:49 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Pizza_boy View Post
haHAA

For real tho, this season is p00p
Is poop because you guys cant work the system and dominate every match? Because thats what I keep seeing welcome to the other side pre patch and guess what ? from what I see now it seems more like 50- 50.
"For me Revan will always be that shadowy figure with no true form or substance, representative of nothing and everything at the same time. " -Drew Karpyshyn

My referral link.... http://www.swtor.com/r/NmlMDP

Lundorff
08.13.2018 , 10:06 AM | #16
I just had a guardian tank on my team that managed 751.49 DPS across 3 rounds. To his credit he did manage some protection, but still....

yellow_
08.13.2018 , 10:16 AM | #17
the knocks off the top and subsequent time spent getting back up gets most of the attention, probably deservedly

but the most heinous feature of this map is definitely that little room inside the middle structure. the LOS occupies an absurd % of the total area, it's so small as to make playing in there infuriating (especially on certain specs), and it's also so small that seeing anything with how the camera works is a nightmare

it badly needs to be redone - at the very least it should be made vastly larger, at least hollowing out the structure it's set inside of (if they insist on it existing at all)

teclado
08.13.2018 , 11:48 AM | #18
It seems the typical strategy for this map is for everybody to run up top and try not to get knocked down, else it's pretty much game over. As a Mara, I try to keep my opponents to the outside of the circle so I can't get knocked down. I think I went 2-1 on this map, never got knocked down. I wouldn't say it's trash, but I can understand the hate.

Regarding weak players in ranked, it's clear that a single really bad player can ruin the experience. I played some games the other day and there was a guardian in queue who was definitely one of the worst players I have ever seen. I would have thought he was throwing, except he played horribly all the time. So it's not like he was trying in some games, not in others. Assuming a 50% chance of getting said player on your team, 50% against (small queue population), that means that you'll have a 50% win rate. That sort of win rate will put you around 1200. So if you have any aspirations of climbing higher than that, you pretty much have to have that guy on your friends list and not play when he is online.

Regarding the atmosphere of ranked, yeah it can still be pretty toxic. Probably the most toxic people I have seen fall into one of two groups: 1) weak players who like to blame other people for their shortcomings, or 2) highly rated players.

I had the "fun" experience of being on the same team as a well known, highly rated player in a trinity comp game. We lost in the third round. I thought it was a really close, hard fought series. Said ranked stud decided to blame me for "sitting on the healer 50% of the game," which was hilariously wrong. I would sometimes leap over to healer to choke or mezz him (which we only won round 2 after I had a well timed mezz on said healer that resulted in us finishing off a dps of theirs). Once or twice I did hit the healer to try and distract him from healing his dps and to interrupt his casted heal. But 50%? Lol no. Oh, and I was top damage on our team every single round BTW....

Anyway, I think my rant is over. The player is highly rated and obviously knows what he's doing, but he was so wrong this time. The whole atmosphere of ranked can be so toxic that I really cannot enjoy it without minimizing chat and just not even caring about rating. The rewards are pretty awesome (lots of CXP, unassembled components, crafting mats, credits), but it feels like BW is dangling a carrot over a piranha infested swimming pool.

EDIT: One last thing. The queue population is still small enough that it would be sooo easy to get a buddy or two to play on throwaway characters. If they end up on your team, they will play to win. If they are against you, they'll just not use DCDs, split damage, etc. and basically throw the game without anybody being able to tell. Yay ranked.
SS
Malovo - Marauder