Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2018 Expertise Main PVP Stat Is Essential

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
2018 Expertise Main PVP Stat Is Essential

Icykill_
02.07.2015 , 06:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
I've just noticed the relic reference. At low levels, like L21, relics from DS/LS vendor are super-cheap. I am knidda divided between buying two or waiting till L25 when the rakghoul even relics kick in.
Get them now... That's 4 lvls of pvp you miss out on having full expertise... Remember low LVL relics, till approximately LVL 50, do nothing in pvp... You can keep those till you can get those relics that give you boosts in pvp...
A sneaky way to get boosts off these lower ones is to equip augments too them... Then you get the augment stats from that slot, but not the relics stats... It's better than none
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Icykill_
02.07.2015 , 06:18 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kythria View Post
I'm looking at pvping more on my sorcerer with absolutely no ranking or pvp gear at all, is this the best solution for me or do I just go into solo warzones and screw my team with no expertise? Critting for 3-4k is just dumb and I'm a waste of space.
If you have it already than it is heaps better than wearing gear that reduces your expertise... Ie anything over 162...
If you have basic comms you can get some 162 gear from the basics comm vendor on the fleet... Another way is to use the first LVL of 162 gear you get from doing the expansion quests... Just don't use the next LVL ones that take you over 162...
I have 2 Sorcs, one was a healer and another dps... I got board of healing at the moment... So I have them both dps... I've LVLd one to 60 who had Brutalizer gear and I have the other at 58, but has no pvp gear at all... I've been able to min max using bolster with 148,153,162 items to get nearly exactly the same stats I had with my first Sorc in Brutalizer gear... This will be viable till I get to 60 and start Equiping pvp gear
So the old pvp gear does not give you an advantage in gear... Except maybe the relics... Which are here nor there in the big scheme of things...
Usually the people who complain about people in pvp gear, are wearing the wrong PVE gear themselves and don't have 2018 expertise... Unfortunately they are also the people less likely to listen when you try to explain why and how to gear properly
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

jngilmerwfw
02.07.2015 , 06:30 PM | #13
I hate to look like a newbie but I never PVP'd until just a few days ago when my son asked me to do it with him. Needless to say without PVP gear we got destroyed. Our problem is that I cannot find any vendors that sell PVP gear except for LVL 60. Where are the lower level vendors?

Thank you,

Kilians

Icykill_
02.07.2015 , 06:53 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by jngilmerwfw View Post
I hate to look like a newbie but I never PVP'd until just a few days ago when my son asked me to do it with him. Needless to say without PVP gear we got destroyed. Our problem is that I cannot find any vendors that sell PVP gear except for LVL 60. Where are the lower level vendors?

Thank you,

Kilians
There aren't any... Have a read of my opening post... You use PVE gear until LVL 60... Even at LVL 60 you need to make sure none of your PVE gear is over 162... My OP explains it all
So pvp gear isn't the issue... Your PVE gear is incorrect for your LVL
What you need to do is min max your gear so you bolster properly... Bolster works to try and give you gear stats for the old LVL 55, 162 pvp gear...
There is a Bolster terminal on the bridge deck of the fleet Vanguard vessel on each faction... You can go there and activate Bolster then, Go back to the main fleet dock and play around with gear to see what Bolster does when you swap items... Only thing to remember, Is if you go to your strong hold it cancels Bolster on the fleet... And if you go into any flash point or pvp it does the same and you need to go back to the terminal to activate it again after you come out of the instance
If you are below 55 it is easier to min max your PVE gear
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

DomiSotto
02.08.2015 , 06:51 AM | #15
Quote:
A sneaky way to get boosts off these lower ones is to equip augments too them... Then you get the augment stats from that slot, but not the relics stats... It's better than none
My rakghoul relics are all purple-augmented. I am planning to play my lowbie though during next weekend on 2xXP, so chances are he'll zoom those 4 levels in a matter of hours. But, yes, any future character will need to get relics as soon as they are level appropriate.
Deal.

kaydash
02.08.2015 , 10:07 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
Though, while it's probably such a small issue in the grand scheme to be taking dev's time, I think the first level 10 pvp mission should come with a bag filled with; 1 ear, 2 implants and 2 relics in the same way you get a "bag" when you choose your advanced class. I suggest not even giving them a main stat, just something like 5-10 endurance on each. This would give the level 10 1868 expertise when bolstered, because you'd still be missing the head (150). But that is a much more competitive expertise number than the current 1200 that level 10-15's are getting because they're missing all those other slots.
We all know what happened when the devs gave out bags of free PvP gear for people to get started out, and it's the reason why Bolster exists in the first place.

foxmob
02.08.2015 , 11:26 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by kaydash View Post
We all know what happened when the devs gave out bags of free PvP gear for people to get started out, and it's the reason why Bolster exists in the first place.
heh. bolster was around before the free starter sets. in fact, bolster is why the starter sets were necessary in the first place. bolster at 50 (then the level cap) has never made sense. all you need is expertise to prevent ppl from taking better pve gear into pvp and vice versa. also, capping exp at 2018 was a mistake. that also necessitates bolster because pve stats increase steadily, but the expertise numbers remain constant. free pvp starter gear was implemented badly, but I think it was the most viable of all the "gear gap" fixes this game has tinkered with.
Krack

Icykill_
02.08.2015 , 07:48 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by kaydash View Post
Like I suggested.. They don't even need to have stats to make this work... It's just to fill the slot until the person reaches the right level to equipe ones with stats... it is only possible to have 2018 expertise if all slots are filled... Also remember that relics don't work in pvp until you get higher LVL passive ones... And too be honest I think only pvp ones should work in pvp... PVE relics bonuses really have no place in pvp and vice versa
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

Phorenzyk
02.08.2015 , 08:15 PM | #19
Are the makeb mods decent for 60?

What I'm curious about is how low you can go (again, at 60). Is 162 just going to get you the best results period, or can you go with all 148s, or even lower?

Icykill_
02.08.2015 , 08:50 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Phorenzyk View Post
Are the makeb mods decent for 60?

What I'm curious about is how low you can go (again, at 60). Is 162 just going to get you the best results period, or can you go with all 148s, or even lower?
162s are the sweet spot or 156s are ok too... But you will need to put some 148s in your main and off hand if you have all 162s
Sure you can go in with lower and will get 2018 expertise... But I wouldn't suggest it... It would be nearly as bad as going into LVL 60 with less than 2018 expertise...
You can get away with 140-148s up to about 58-59...
Remember ever little bit helps... Wether it's more main/health stats or higher secondary stats
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦