Shadows/sins need a dot!

Marisblood

Shadows/ assassins need a dot vs stealth classes, specially vs scoundrels/operatives. In fights with us they roll like mads, move far away, enough to self heal and re engage us in battle. We have no dots but they dot us so we are forced to use resilience or shroud, we can't self heal but they can and also have recuperate (dps specs), we can't force speed every time they roll, our utility is now broken vs this class. Shadows/sins were good before 55 but with the new gear (full expertise), we rarely hit over 7k (ambush hit 9-10k with full pvp gear). You will soon see (when ppl will be fully geared and mostly are) that the shadow dps is still broken.

If you are a troll move away. Also stop saying you have no problem with them when you have a pocket healer in your back all time. This is a 1v1 perspective and if both play to max scoundrel will win. I have them both and i feel far stronger as scoundrel. But for the love of God, i hate the class. I enjoy my shadow.

Shadows/ assassins need a dot vs stealth classes, specially vs scoundrels/operatives. In fights with us they roll like mads, move far away, enough to self heal and re engage us in battle. We have no dots but they dot us so we are forced to use resilience or shroud, we can't self heal but they can and also have recuperate (dps specs), we can't force speed every time they roll, our utility is now broken vs this class. Shadows/sins were good before 55 but with the new gear (full expertise), we rarely hit over 7k (ambush hit 9-10k with full pvp gear). You will soon see (when ppl will be fully geared and mostly are) that the shadow dps is still broken.

If you are a troll move away. Also stop saying you have no problem with them when you have a pocket healer in your back all time. This is a 1v1 perspective and if both play to max scoundrel will win. I have them both and i feel far stronger as scoundrel. But for the love of God, i hate the class. I enjoy my shadow.

Nothing is balanced around 1v1, your 9-10k maul crits would be better used on healers/ball carriers, y'know... helping your team win.

I don't like the rolls either, but sometimes you gotta know when to count your losses and disengage. (That's really easy for a shadow, right?)

If a dps Scoundrel rolls far enough away from you that you can't quickly get back to them with Force Speed then they don't have enough energy to heal. If they do, then they just burnt the last bit of it. Also, their roll is only half as far if you drop force slow..which has a longer duration if you're Deception/Infiltration. Try using all your tools ;)

I'm no sure about the new 2.0 duel king, but it was Shadow/Assassin prior to 2.0, so you had you time on top ;) Like the poster above said, the game isn't meant to be balanced 1v1...all WZs are 8 on 8 last I checked. Be a team player.

Finally...if you play madness, you have a DoT :cool:

Nothing is balanced around 1v1, your 9-10k maul crits would be better used on healers/ball carriers, y'know... helping your team win.

What is this madness? I should be able to 1v1 any other class and win every single time. Everyone knows that winning matches revolves around 1v1.

What is this madness? I should be able to 1v1 any other class and win every single time. Everyone knows that winning matches revolves around 1v1.

And also it's completely unfair that as a scoundrel I can open behind the target with high damage and stun them at the same time, then beat them up, then stun again and those poor people have lost half or two thirds of their hp before they even get out of stun. 8(((( /sarcasm

Sure, you can win a 1vs1 against any class, but against some classes, it's easier, and against some classes, harder.

If a dps Scoundrel rolls far enough away from you that you can't quickly get back to them with Force Speed then they don't have enough energy to heal. If they do, then they just burnt the last bit of it. Also, their roll is only half as far if you drop force slow..which has a longer duration if you're Deception/Infiltration. Try using all your tools ;)

I'm no sure about the new 2.0 duel king, but it was Shadow/Assassin prior to 2.0, so you had you time on top ;) Like the poster above said, the game isn't meant to be balanced 1v1...all WZs are 8 on 8 last I checked. Be a team player.

After roll u can use Pugnacity and Cool Head and fill up your energy, if u did a proper rotation on first change of hits, so energy is not a problem for my scoundrel. Also skip regards about tank/dot sin spec. Aren't u all sick of tanks?

Nice and contructive comment, thank you! :)

And also it's completely unfair that as a scoundrel I can open behind the target with high damage and stun them at the same time, then beat them up, then stun again and those poor people have lost half or two thirds of their hp before they even get out of stun. 8(((( /sarcasm

Sure, you can win a 1vs1 against any class, but against some classes, it's easier, and against some classes, harder.

Yes is true, shoot first hit 9-10 k in full pvp gear, spining kick hit 2k max, both put target to the ground but the bugged animation for shoot first make it longer then 1,5 seconds. If you wise and use dodge when you get attacked after the first shoot first, you can vanish and reopen with shoot first again after 9 seconds, dropping your enemy HP not to half but to 1/4 in less then 15 seconds max while you are mostly full HP. Then we know who wins. Shadow is good before 55 because of the bolster but then is broken like it was before (deception tree-our prefered spec). Is true we can kill scoundrels also pretty fast but if they are same skilled they beat you (those who use roll and do not stand into fire but kite).

After roll u can use Pugnacity and Cool Head and fill up your energy, if u did a proper rotation on first change of hits, so energy is not a problem for my scoundrel. Also skip regards about tank/dot sin spec. Aren't u all sick of tanks?

Do you expect to win 1v1 against every single class?

If you want to DoT Snipers, spec Force Strike/Raze, and revamp your rotation.

Seriously? A Shad/Sin complaining about snipers?:D

Snipers die easiest of all for us, is about scoundrels who can flee from us with the stupid roll, heal up and because they dot us for 18 seconds, we can not stealth unless shroud/resilience is ready, so when they reopen on us, we lose, they win. They have more utilities then we do just like they didn't got before. Most op healer is a scoundrel / operative, but i talk here about dps only. Have fun, watch y back from us. We can hurt too.

I wonder what else do they need?

Well they could definitely use a smash and ... oh yes, cover and what else... yes! I know !!! They could use a roll, like the one operatives own!

you have a dot, go on and channel it if you want. No? Bye.

Edited by Taankjr

As an assassin, allow me to translate the OP's statement.

I never want my class to lose to any other class. If my class is beat by anyother classes, it is usless and should be buffed. Also, I dont want players more clever than me playing the game. If i dont know all the tools and tricks to play my character effectively, no one else should either.

Granted I'm just paraphrasing here, but that's what i got out of it.

I don't play my Shadow very much and quite frankly I'm not very good at it but from what I hear from Shadows/Sins on the forums (Cycao, Shinarika) Scoundrels/Ops are a cake walk for them. Hell Biowareftw has even made it a point to get Shadows nerfed (he plays one) because he seems to think they have no counter especially not Ops.

Also Crushing Darkness/Mind Crush for the win. Also Force Wave or Force in Balance or Whirling Blow or an AoE grenade.

Edited by Capt_Beers

As an assassin, allow me to translate the OP's statement.

I never want my class to lose to any other class. If my class is beat by anyother classes, it is usless and should be buffed. Also, I dont want players more clever than me playing the game. If i dont know all the tools and tricks to play my character effectively, no one else should either.

Granted I'm just paraphrasing here, but that's what i got out of it.

the funny thing is a properly used Deception/Infiltration CAN 1 v 1 any class in this game and win.... they really have no hard counter imho, other than say Ranked pvp where in my limited experience there isn't much 1v1 happening.

so...how about crushing darkness?

or you mean you want a instant cast/free/iwin/no effort dot?

You make me laugh. You know very good that 1,98 sec cast can not compare with vital shot (instant) and you can be interrupted easy mode. All shadows will prefer to do dmg in those 2 seconds instead of trying to dot a scoundrel. If they make that instant for all trees like some of many talents for other classes are instant (ex: kolto bomb for mercs/mandos) that will be cool.