just get rid of bolster!

Ch_Zero

It's a failed concept that didn't work out.

I'm upset because I got rid of my elite war hero gear in favour of partisan.

Elite war hero actually had better stats on some pieces, and i thought i was getting the listed expertise boost.

When i swap my offhand i lose stats and get a 10 expertise boost.

Sometimes i swap power mods too! now I'm completely messed up and doing 1500 less damage than normal.

I wish i could figure out exactly what stats I was getting going into the warzone, without messing up my character!

now players have had their chance to gear up Please remove it! It's confusing and a waste of my time!

I'm going to buck the trend and say that the idea behind bolster is not bad - in and of itself. PvP players like to play closer games -- they tend to be more interesting -- and if bolster was working correctly, that is what we would see.

However, the problem is that changes were made to a number of factors behind PvP without carefully considering the bolster formula. The curve is now too sharp, the imbalances substantial and the problems/exploits now obvious to even the least experienced of us. The fix is not hard if they can do basic algebra/statistics and know some simple "game theory".

---

But...

That being said: I would like to say, at this point, I'm starting to get to the point where I am starting to lose interest in the game -- which is hard for me to say, given that I have been a loyal BW supporter, ever since it was a start-up. (And hopefully the good doctors realize what this means.)

The game's PvP piqued my interest for a bit -- enough for me to buy a subscription and even shell out some Cartel coins to get some alts into the higher level PvP arenas. But it is starting to look more and more like BW is no longer listening to its audience and clientelle and lost sight of the big picture. Is there still some aspect of the friendly, fun and caring company which I knew it once as?

And I will leave it there.

I agree, get rid of it and be done with it. (Then introduce new recruit and buff partisan/conq to pve equivelent)

So.. to fix PVE players that had better gear than PVP players for Warzones (note: HAD, as that has been fixed in 2.0.1), you want to make it such that PVP players can get the best gear in game for PVE activities without ever doing PVE?

You do realise Bioware, from the start, has considered PVE endgame gear being better in warzones to be a bug, right? Or are you that shortsighted it's just about the fact that you have 66 numbers and PVE players have 69 and 72 numbers on their mods?

The more I'm in these discussions, the more I realise it's not Bioware's system that is flawed, it is the way people perceive it that is.

Once again, Rafaman's quote in my sig proves itself right.

Edited by Devlonir

You're correct when it comes to the new tier pve gear with the current patch.

However, Bolster is still Horribly broken.

it makes the current stats and gear mod swapping a huge question mark. it has become a trial and error battle.

You're correct when it comes to the new tier pve gear with the current patch.

However, Bolster is still Horribly broken.

it makes the current stats and gear mod swapping a huge question mark. it has become a trial and error battle.

There is one bug concerning augment switching in certain slots right now that is an exploit.

I would not call that horribly broken, but to each their own I guess. I prefer not to use hyperbole to make a point as to me it invalidates the point you try to make.

There are still issues in PVP. But I am so very, VERY happy I no longer have to check if some new player didn't accidentally not get Recruit gear before going into their first level 50 warzone. Games no longer have had one side spawn camping another.. unless if they were abusing the augment bug. But I did all I could there: report the bug and report any player I see abusing it.

I'm kinda tired of being lowest health in almost full partizan; can someone make a guide how to use or not to use the pvp gear

Duno bro, still trying to figure that part out.

I think i have a cap of 2016 but i chose to use elite war hero offhand for better stats.

I'm scared to mod swap cause i don't know how it will affect my stats.

i don't think people understand bolster greatly messes up health boosts dependant on mods and gear.

I've noticed crit and damage too.

it's not as cut and dry as looking at your base stats, bolster has odd calculations i don't quite understand.

I'm not saying its not broken atm with the bugs but people need to get a clue, for the most part full expertise gear is more viable than 69/72 gear. That gear loses a lot of expertise (which btw has a steep curve now you dont really want to lose any) the only place in my experience that will be viable to have pve is the weapons once they fix the bugs and that is it . (btw it shouldnt be this way just stating factts)

My mara is full partisan, 1 conqueror and with 2 arkanian weapons stands at 1911 expertise. You really don't want to go lower then that for expertise and the weapons are the only place where the extra min/max dmg energy dmg would outweigh the benefits. You lose around 50-60 expertise per piece of high end pve gear having lots of it will make you lose extra dmg and mitigation of pvp gear so basically its meant to even itself out.

The main problem atm is people that don't have a clue how best to make use of the bolster system, I've been doing high hits lately on people that are obviously lower expertise from either mixing pvp/pve mdos or using higher end pve gear or recruit.

Edited by AngusFTW

Surly that once you are in full pvp gear, the bolster doesn't affect you any longer, and swapping pvp mods for pvp mods should not be affected by the bolster system. This is was I have come to understand. I am still not fully geared yet, so can't really comment.

Will be playing more over the next week, to see how the gearing pans out, but there are still bugs, and the best way to get the fixed ifs by providing constructive feedback to the dev's about specific bugs that you have found.

Bleeze would it be good having the pvp weapons, with a PVE hilts/barrels, do you know how badly that affects the expertise, and would you have the expertise crystal?

Edited by dannycarr

Will be playing more over the next week, to see how the gearing pans out, but there are still bugs, and the best way to get the fixed ifs by providing constructive feedback to the dev's about specific bugs that you have found.

This.. 2018 times this.

Stop posting unconstructive whines and start posting clear examples of where there are unwanted results. Bland statements about other having more HP with blanket statements like "with a few slots of PVE gear" don't help anyone in finding out where the actual issues are.

Do you find an odd result, report it! And give details. That will fix things a lot faster than just whining that it is broken.