KOTOR 1 AND 2 SWTOR republic army missing in movies *** happend to it ???

generalmac

I dont get it if the republic had a HUGE(give or take)army in the past what happend to it in the movies it doesent add up did they get disbanded or what if the past republic army was still around order 66 would have realy happend differently so WHERE ARE THEY ???

yeah i was gonna say it's been 3,000 years since Kotor and the Movies.

We know between the two time periods that

1. The Sith were completely destroyed

2. The Empire was wiped out with the Sith.

3. The Jedi are the primary peace keepers in the Galaxy and they maintained peach for 1,000 generations or 1,000 years depending on who you talk to

So you have no need for a standing army it seems. My guess the Galactic senate disbanded the army... wait now I have to watch Attack of the Clones again to see if they say how long they have been with out an army.

Well the Republic had its army till 1000 BBY when there was the Ruusan Reformation. That wiped out almost the whole army. The remaining soldiers were used as a police force on Coruscant. For the next 1000 years until the Clone Wars there was no fighting to be done. The Republic relied on its Jedi for protection.

Hope that helps,

Greengemextreme

At the time of the Ruusan Reformations, The Dark Brotherhood had been wiped out (and Darth Bane presumed dead), so there was no enemy left to fight. Top it all off with a 1000 year long war, a cold war before that, and the Jedi Civil war before that, and you have a Galactic Republic that, as a whole, is exhausted. With the Galaxy at peace, they decided that a large standing army was no longer needed.

wha? a reformation wiped out the whole past army??? so they just got rid of em insted of rebuilding them WOST MOVE THEY EVER MADE -_- and thats why i hate polaticts

With the galaxy in a time of relative peace for over 1,000 years, planetary defense would move to the control of the local governments. The size of army they had gathered during a peace time setting would be impractical and extremely costly to maintain. I'd also venture a guess that it was also a political move to bring more independent planets into the Republic (Who might not be willing to join a loose affiliation of planets if, lets say, they could drop in legions of troops on their planet to deal with situations they don't agree with <_< ).

the era between Darth Bane and the first Movie was a thousand year of galactic peace. we just assume the army has been dispatched to security or retired, its budjet cut and all that good ****. then it just vanished.

since the Jedi order is kinda the State religion of the Republic AND the Peacekeepers of the galaxy, they just took control of the whole global security thing.

i always find it amusing that within a single generation - about 15-20 years in fact, given the age of Luke at the time of New Hope - the Jedi have gone from being a thousands (at least) strong order, conducting military operations, essentially running the entire galaxy... to being, at best, considered a myth, and the force considered to be an imaginary concept :p

i realise its just because they hadnt really come up with the background when New Hope was made, but it still makes me laugh.

I also find it amusing that 3-4000 years earlier (ie. in ToR times), so many locations are basically identical... Anchorhead is still a rundown dirtpoor port on Tatooine, Dorn Base is still on Hoth, etc. and theres no real explanation for why this would be the case.

you would think they would see something like the Trade Federation coming. Dont say it was because the Sith had been gone they didnt even know the Sith were backing the trade federation till episode 2. Its like with the Soviet Union and the United States you didnt see America being any less strict with its armed forces after the Soviet Union collapsed which at the time was really the only thing competing against us like the Sith were the only threat to the Republic