Coruscant is literally the center of the universe....

KetMalice

So I have been an avid Star Wars fan for a very long time. I have read a lot of the books and kept up with the Expanded Universe. I wanted to play a Bounty Hunter-can go anywhere and do anything for a buck.

Coruscant being a Republic only thing is pretty heart wrenching. It is a city planet. I know a lot of work went into that planet. The teaser videos they gave us, and my only option is to re-roll something Republic to even go there.

Pretty much makes me a sad panda. Still trying to wrap my head around a lot of these design decisions.

Coruscant being a Republic only thing is pretty heart wrenching. It is a city planet. I know a lot of work went into that planet. The teaser videos they gave us, and my only option is to re-roll something Republic to even go there.

You should. The first time I made it to the Big City, I strolled around like a tourist, taking screenshots of all the shiny buildings. ;)

Honestly though, it's more or less the same as Nar Shadaa, but without all the neon.

Well if it makes you feel any better Coruscent is really kinda boring. A lot of running from platform to platform.

Since there is no real free roam you dont ever get the feel of the size or just the coolness factor of a giant planet that is one big city. But hey its a throw away low level quest area Ill never go back to! (except alts or if Jaxo calls) So eh *shrug*

Except those shiny Star Wars The Old Republic books that they sold me beg to differ.

I read those books to and they say its in republic space but I'm sure there are Imperial spy's messing around there but for lore/mmo sake it wouldn't make sense to see hundrerds of sith

on the republics capital word. Just like it makes sense why you would never see republic players on DC, according to the lore the republic doesnt know it's location.

Well if it makes you feel any better Coruscent is really kinda boring. A lot of running from platform to platform.

Since there is no real free roam you dont ever get the feel of the size or just the coolness factor of a giant planet that is one big city. But hey its a throw away low level quest area Ill never go back to! (except alts or if Jaxo calls) So eh *shrug*

Agreed 100% couldn't wait to get off of Coruscant myself.

I don't get it.

In Galactic Empire era, Coruscant was covered in Imperial troops and almost no rebels were there. And you mean to tell me that in the Republic era, it is covered in Republic troops and almost none of the outlaw faction known as the Sith Empire are there?

I'M CONFUSED!

The Republic becomes the Galactic Empire. It makes sense.

I wouldn't get too jealous, Coruscant is pretty generic and on the whole pretty underwhelming. Whoever said that it was a less neony version of Nar Shadaa had it spot on.

Personally I liked Dromund Kaas a lot more, felt more atmospheric and imposing as a capital planet. And its always naturally going to be smaller - Coruscant has been the hub of the universe for centuries, whereas Dromund Kaas was simply an emergency makeshift home for the new Sith Empire - a faction smaller and less populous than the Republic.

I literally have no idea why the Bounty Hunter is tied to the Empire. There should have been three factions, with 3 classes each imo. I'm playing through the bounty hunter story and my character keeps getting jobs to pretty much win worlds and kill Republic for the Empire. That is the job for a trooper class, not a bounty hunter. I have no incentive to help the Empire any more or less than the Republic and it kinda irks me that I am shoe-horned into such a close relationship with only one faction.

"We're rebuilding after the Sith smacked down our Capital City. Let's just skip on the extra security. They wouldn't do that again."

Except they are there! Crawling all over the Jedi Temple ruins and I think a few other places. Republic Security is atrocious, you'd think the Senate could spring for a few motion detectors and a brinks phone call security system to watch that stuff.