Please do something about spammers.

Oreget

This is my second topic on this problem.Because first one was ignored.

Please make nmoderators more active!!

I am sick and tired of spammers.They are everywhere.

Korriban,Fleet,Dromuund e.t.c

Make moderators ban them. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edited by Oreget
aaaa

That's the curse of having F2P. When they are banned, they set up another acc. It seems to be hard for them to track the sub accounts attached to the spammers.

That's the curse of having F2P. When they are banned, they set up another acc. It seems to be hard for them to track the sub accounts attached to the spammers.

Cleaning house takes time. EA has said before, not exactly in these words, that it collects and analyzes the information and then moves on an entire group of spammers at once. Meanwhile, we experience what we experience.

We went a good while with no spammers after the last housecleaning. Let's hope the next one isn't too far off.

You know, it only takes a couple of clicks to turn off or hide chat. And it only takes a few clicks to turn it on again. So, unless you have FOMO, just turn off the chat if the spam, or conversation, is bothering you.

I usually find the trolling political drivel to be more annoying than the credit seller spam.

It’s only going to get worse in 6.0 because the whole game is going to become one big credit sink and cost players millions to gear, craft and do every day stuff.

Everything has gone up in price in 6.0 and some things like Armor shells cost 1 mill + 3000 tech frags.

I predicted this on the PTS and told Bioware we’d get a flood of spammers and all the higher prices would just put money in the third party pockets and not Bioware’s.

This will get worse before or if it gets better.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The simplest solution...... Players stop using and buying from those sites. They wouldn't exist unless players actually used them.

Unfortunately the simplest solution is also the hardest one to do.

6.0 and all the massive price hikes are just going to exacerbate the problem.

Really? Because unless it's been changed F2P can not use chat until level 25.

The simplest solution...... Players stop using and buying from those sites. They wouldn't exist unless players actually used them.

Unfortunately the simplest solution is also the hardest one to do.

Actually the Simplest solution is to ban F2P from General Chat. F2P can have their own chat that they can spam to their little hearts content and leave everybody else alone... That would stop all Spammers dead in their tracks.

That way Subs could leave F2P chat if they want to just like you can leave any of the other chat channels now.

While I am not a fan of spammers are we sure that 100% of the spammers are F2P? I would hate to be the one that claims all F2P players spam and no sub is a spammer and then find out we took actions against F2P and it didn't stop the spamming.

its not 100% solid, its just a deterrent.. meaning if you want to spam you have to pay actual money, and then your account will be banned and you will have to pay money again if you want to spam again.. so bioware will keep making more money or the spammer will stop spamming and giving bioware free money.

Edited by SaerethDL

Yeah, let's ban all F2P from chat because that's totally going to do absolutely nothing to the level 1 gold spammers on starter worlds who are spamming chat that F2P can't use because they can't use chat until level 25. Hint:

THE. GOLD. SPAMMERS. AREN'T. F2P.

But why let silly facts deter you from bashing F2P players for no reason and suggesting illogical and completely unnecessary restrictions that will do absolutely nothing to resolve the gold spammer problem as you claim they will?

SMDH

Yeah, let's ban all F2P from chat because that's totally going to do absolutely nothing to the level 1 gold spammers on starter worlds who are spamming chat that F2P can't use because they can't use chat until level 25. Hint:

THE. GOLD. SPAMMERS. AREN'T. F2P.

But why let silly facts deter you from bashing F2P players for no reason and suggesting illogical and completely unnecessary restrictions that will do absolutely nothing to resolve the gold spammer problem as you claim they will?

SMDH

the gold sellers arent f2p? Or we can use our heads.... they get to lvl 25 in less than hour.. they would know the quickest way possible to be more efficient at making money. I highly doubt they are buying new accounts and subs everytime they get banned.. that would mean less money.. so yes I'm 99% sure most of the spammers are f2p or preferred throw away accounts. :D

Edited by SaerethDL

Actually the Simplest solution is to ban F2P from General Chat. F2P can have their own chat that they can spam to their little hearts content and leave everybody else alone... That would stop all Spammers dead in their tracks.

That way Subs could leave F2P chat if they want to just like you can leave any of the other chat channels now.

And people complain there's not enough players to group in game. How are you gonna group with f2p if you can't talk with them? How are you gonna introduce f2p to the game so that they like it so much to actually buy a sub?

I sense some nasty scorn towards f2p. Is it another one of: us paying elite vs filthy poor mob?

The easiest solution would be extend ignore list, and ban in game mails from non friend players.

And people complain there's not enough players to group in game. How are you gonna group with f2p if you can't talk with them? How are you gonna introduce f2p to the game so that they like it so much to actually buy a sub?

I sense some nasty scorn towards f2p. Is it another one of: us paying elite vs filthy poor mob?

The easiest solution would be extend ignore list, and ban in game mails from non friend players.

just general chat blocked, party chat, guild chat, PMs will work just fine.

Last time i checked on my sister's account who is F2P, you can't trade or sent items via PMs as F2P (you can receive though), so i think the spammers are at least prefered, so restricting even more the F2P model would probably not solve the problem

Last time i checked on my sister's account who is F2P, you can't trade or sent items via PMs as F2P (you can receive though), so i think the spammers are at least prefered, so restricting even more the F2P model would probably not solve the problem

The gold-distributor accounts are forced to be subscribers because Preferred cannot sent credits by mail, and can, in fact, only send one item per mail. That said, I don't know off the top of my head whether referral-click sub time can be used to send credits / hold credits beyond the escrow limit / donate credits in a guild bank. (It might be as simple as having a new distributor bot click a master account's referral link and then have the distributor / chat bot do its thing for seven days.)

The gold-distributor accounts are forced to be subscribers because Preferred cannot sent credits by mail, and can, in fact, only send one item per mail. That said, I don't know off the top of my head whether referral-click sub time can be used to send credits / hold credits beyond the escrow limit / donate credits in a guild bank. (It might be as simple as having a new distributor bot click a master account's referral link and then have the distributor / chat bot do its thing for seven days.)

F2P referral link users don't get the sub time. You have to be at least preferred in order to get the sub time.

the gold sellers arent f2p? Or we can use our heads....

How about you use your head and start checking the level of some of the spammers. They are not level 25. They are level 1 on the starter worlds. F2P do not get sub time for using a referral link. F2P can not use chat (even group, whisper, or guild chat) at level 1. F2P can not send credits by mail. So how are the gold spammers F2P? You don't even know the limits on F2P accounts and yet you're willing to apply a needlessly punitive and completely ineffective restriction to them because you're absolutely certain the spammers are F2P when the current limits on F2P accounts make it impossible for them to be spammers.

I see more "click my referral link " spammers than I do any other spammers and those I know have to be subscribers due to the amount they are "offering" for a sub to click their link and second only subscribers (as far as I know) have referral links so it is not just the F2P that spams.

they could allow some vetted player's to mute the spam accounts for 12 or so hours, easiest way would be be web page with need for attached screenshots of the spam before it was issued. and of course severe penalty's for false reports ... Edited by Aonevm

they could allow some vetted player's to mute the spam accounts for 12 or so hours, easiest way would be be web page with need for attached screenshots of the spam before it was issued. and of course severe penalty's for false reports ...

In a manner of speaking, this already exists and has for some time (and has allegedly been abused repeatedly). If a single name receives enough spam reports in a given period of time it is squelched for 24 hours.

Moderators....

hahahahaa haahahhaaa

Funny joke. I don't believe for one minute they have moderators checking the handful of servers that are left. They only go by reports and react only when there's enough reports. I can't prove it of course but I've seen zero evidence of them actually having moderators that intervene on the live servers.