State of the Galaxy Article Before Onslaught?

sturge

Imagine a State of the Galaxy post that addresses a number of loose ends and open ends from the perspective of characters we haven't seen or heard from in years. I'd imagine it would make for a fun writing assignment for some of the staff, if not some freelancers with a grasp on what's been going on. Honestly could have been what those 'day in the life of' posts should have been rather than a summary of some unexciting changes.

Or maybe some sort of report like Dantooine maybe? The web content roadmap needs updating from Daniel Steel, does mention state of the galaxy style article but we have less than a week until launch but I understand the team are busy trying to get Onslaught ready for launch on time.

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

Apologies! This was on my plate and I just didn't have time to put one together. I think the most pertinent update since Jedi Under Siege would be that Darth Savik has taken over Darth Malora's role as head of Imperial Scientific Advancement in the aftermath of the events on Ossus. Both Republic and Imperial players will get to know her better in Onslaught.

Everything else you need to know should be pretty well covered in the Onslaught storyline itself. TBH, with all of the branching we're introducing in this story, I have no idea how we'll cleanly present a State of the Galaxy article later on, but that's a good question... for another time ;)

Hey folks!

Apologies! This was on my plate and I just didn't have time to put one together. I think the most pertinent update since Jedi Under Siege would be that Darth Savik has taken over Darth Malora's role as head of Imperial Scientific Advancement in the aftermath of the events on Ossus. Both Republic and Imperial players will get to know her better in Onslaught.

Everything else you need to know should be pretty well covered in the Onslaught storyline itself. TBH, with all of the branching we're introducing in this story, I have no idea how we'll cleanly present a State of the Galaxy article later on, but that's a good question... for another time ;)

Trailer??? Every major expansion has one. -.- Meh, I want some little story spoilers.

Hey folks!

Well that's exciting!

Trailer??? Every major expansion has one. -.- Meh, I want some little story spoilers.

You read my mind. Social media pages keep posting little gifs of planets we'll be exploring but a trailer with some gameplay and dialogue like KOTFE and KOTET and previous expansions before that would be awesome.

Hey folks!

That is very exciting to hear, good to hear you guys are considering more branches in the story. Looking forward to learning more about Darth Savik.

TBH, with all of the branching we're introducing in this story, I have no idea how we'll cleanly present a State of the Galaxy article later on, but that's a good question... for another time ;)

Branching?? Hopefully with that we could see some soft resetting of class integration, even if the others have to keep things lowkey and in the background. Hearing about rumors that Havoc is reforming under a Republic hero or that Imperial Reclamation Service is being tasked with helping a certain Darth in the Unknown Regions (as pep the SoR Inq story) on my Warrior would at least bring some joy to story enthusiasts! :D

TBH, with all of the branching we're introducing in this story, I have no idea how we'll cleanly present a State of the Galaxy article later on, but that's a good question... for another time ;)

Updated information on the various elements of the organisations that aren't involved would be better than nothing tbh. Does the Corellian Jedi Order still exist? What's the state of the Rift Alliance worlds? What's the situation on Alderaan? Taris? Honestly clarification on those sorts of things would be great. It's all well and good knowing what's going on in the thick of things, but background updates would be awesome.

And it would stop the big names in the RP community trying to force their own preferred interpretation of the lore on those who don't have their political sway. I've seen several individuals mocked and berated for playing Green Jedi because the personality cult leaders say they don't exist any more, and if they say they don't exist, everyone else is expected to go along with it.

Updated information on the various elements of the organisations that aren't involved would be better than nothing tbh. Does the Corellian Jedi Order still exist? What's the state of the Rift Alliance worlds? What's the situation on Alderaan? Taris? Honestly clarification on those sorts of things would be great. It's all well and good knowing what's going on in the thick of things, but background updates would be awesome.

And it would stop the big names in the RP community trying to force their own preferred interpretation of the lore on those who don't have their political sway. I've seen several individuals mocked and berated for playing Green Jedi because the personality cult leaders say they don't exist any more, and if they say they don't exist, everyone else is expected to go along with it.

Since the story is heading back to Corellia with 6.0 we're likely to find out their fate and any debate can be settled.

Since the story is heading back to Corellia with 6.0 we're likely to find out their fate and any debate can be settled.

Hopefully, aye. There's evidence already, but conclusive proof would be fantastic for validating Green Jedi in RP.