Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

June Producer Livestream Wrap-up (6/30)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
June Producer Livestream Wrap-up (6/30)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlphaDukaine's Avatar


AlphaDukaine
06.30.2016 , 04:17 PM | #11
Can you tell us why there is no armoring slot in the Victorious Pioneer’s Armor Set gear set? it only has slots for mods and enhancements

BenKatarn's Avatar


BenKatarn
06.30.2016 , 04:19 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AlphaDukaine View Post
Can you tell us why there is no armoring slot in the Victorious Pioneer’s Armor Set gear set? it only has slots for mods and enhancements
I'm assuming because of invisible armorings for the set bonus. Which would be weird however, considering the old 1.0 era token sets had the bonus on the shell, not on the armoring slot.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
06.30.2016 , 04:19 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aulus_Claudius View Post
Some small part of me had held out hope that this joke of an 'event' would be cancelled, even though I knew EAWare would never listen to their player base.

It was a mistake to continue subscribing to this game after EA took it over, and that's a mistake I'm correcting now.
Why would they cancel an event, when some players like it and some do not. Those that do not.. just skip it IMO.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Nmyownworld's Avatar


Nmyownworld
06.30.2016 , 04:20 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Dark Vs Light Event
  • Event Goals/Rewards - We have worked hard in the past year to try to offer rewards to veteran players and subscribers such as Legendary Status, monthly sub rewards, etc. This event is meant to be something different from that. As we are heading into our 5-year anniversary we really wanted to celebrate and offer new rewards to players for simply creating a new character and playing through the game. That is the overall focus of this event. We have no plans at this time to make rewards retroactive.
Using the Legendary Status emblem as an example of why no retroactive application of accomplishments -- go do it all again -- is priceless. Since some players have already done all eight class stories, as well as many other aspects of the game, it's only right and fair to do it all again as a celebration of the upcoming fifth year.

No matter how I reword it, that doesn't make sense.

So, my bad for supporting the game, and playing the content, for (in my case) the past 3.5 years?

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
06.30.2016 , 04:21 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
I'm assuming because of invisible armorings for the set bonus. Which would be weird however, considering the old 1.0 era token sets had the bonus on the shell, not on the armoring slot.
Yep... the bonus must be tied to the armor slot in some manner .. so it will have to auto-scale with level. Sure hope they don't bork up the scaling.. or they will be worthless.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Gwena's Avatar


Gwena
06.30.2016 , 04:25 PM | #16
About the LvsD event rewards:

Will the Companion we get have armor slots like the original Companions (Kira, Jaesa, etc) or will they have a static appearance like the newer ones (Nico, Lana, etc)?
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Please consider using my referral link if you are a new player or a returning subscriber! What you get and more info here.

Rolodome's Avatar


Rolodome
06.30.2016 , 04:26 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[color=#f9d648][*]Character slots - We know one of the issues that was raised are players who are at the current character slot maximum. With our maintenance next week we will be increasing the server maximum by 10.
Are there any plans to do with the unlocking of slots or is it only increasing the max that you can unlock via server slot tokens? It wasn't really addressed clearly in the stream and I saw some people in chat who seemed to think the mentioned 10 were going to be free, which seems very unlikely to me.

So... managing expectations. What's going on there?

LordKitana's Avatar


LordKitana
06.30.2016 , 04:27 PM | #18
This is the end of swtor for me . The fact that you just insulted and completly ignored half your playerbase as a long time veteran giving us this legendary status "icon" and everyone and their bro n sis have ingame by now . You keep saying the sub rewards granted they are not even great sub rewards its not even worth subbing for !! Its just such a shame that yoy dont give a crap about the playerbase that has been with you for 4 1/2 yrs . This is your idea of celebrating 5 yrs ?!?! So pissing off your player base is the plan you had ? When will you understand no one cares about HK anymore we just want to know when season 7 ends ? When there will be new content ? If not then why are e all still subbing ? When will you gt it no one wants your hk chapter we want new content that we were promised not this slap in the face by devs . This legendary status means nothing as a veteran . What a way to keep the event as it is and upping server slots as a lazy half crap solution bcuz your all to lazy to adress that your veterans arnt happy . YOU say you want new players but they will see how you treat the vets , theyll see what a rip off cm is , theyll see how much of help cs is ingame and see how much you care to fix ingame bugs . To think in august youll be competing with wows legion expansion tsk tsk .im unsubbing and your not getting not one more dime.from.be bcuz as a veteran player ob my 4 1/2 yrs disnt mean crap to you as devs . #RipSwtor2016 #LegionisComming
KITANA KOMBAT
THE KOMBAT LEGACY
"My blades will soften your tone"
http://www.swtor.com/r/4BVHcT

Aulus_Claudius's Avatar


Aulus_Claudius
06.30.2016 , 04:27 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Why would they cancel an event, when some players like it and some do not. Those that do not.. just skip it IMO.
Quite simply, because they're offering rewards for which some of us paid real money to acquire - rare prestige items. They're taking the exclusivity of those items from us and telling those of us who paid for them that they consider our investment into their game worthless. They could have offered new exclusive event rewards, but instead they chose to screw their most loyal customers.

Cruxa's Avatar


Cruxa
06.30.2016 , 04:29 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Dark Vs Light Pack bind rules - The reason we chose to go with BoP over BoL for these items is Collections. Currently, BoL items do not work towards a Collection unlock. If we had the items be BoL then you could not have combined the event packs with any other items to complete a Collection set. We agree this is not optimal and we are working on ways to solve this moving forward.
I know, it's probably too early to ask this, but will this change be retroactive?
Should I better wait with opening my crates or maybe even obtaining them, or can I just open them now and whatever solution is obtained then will be applied to the items I get now?