Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

June Producer Livestream Wrap-up (6/30)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
June Producer Livestream Wrap-up (6/30)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

IanArgent
06.30.2016 , 11:32 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by EarlWhiteHaven View Post
I was really looking forward to this perk to until I saw the cost. It would be fair if it was a legacy unlock, but not as a character unlock. If I buy the perk then I can't afford enough gifts to make it worthwhile. It reminds me of the fable of the girl who sold her hair to buy her boyfriend a gold pocket watch chain while he sold his pocket watch to buy her a fancy brush.
You've read the classics AND are a Honor Harrington fan? I like you already (It's a short story by O Henry called Gift of the Magi)

The game desperately needs credit sinks right now, this is one of them. I question them putting them in at the same time as massively crushing the primary income source, though.
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

Lakemine
06.30.2016 , 11:53 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by EarlWhiteHaven View Post
I was really looking forward to this perk to until I saw the cost. It would be fair if it was a legacy unlock, but not as a character unlock. If I buy the perk then I can't afford enough gifts to make it worthwhile. It reminds me of the fable of the girl who sold her hair to buy her boyfriend a gold pocket watch chain while he sold his pocket watch to buy her a fancy brush.
Odd way of putting it....but correct non the less.
I love Star Wars.

Lakemine
06.30.2016 , 11:56 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Omecrion View Post
What would really help with this event is if they brought back the old fleet vendors. Yea I am one of those players that want them brought back. They were taken out for a BS reason and if my memory serves me without previous notice, which is ironic because in the stream they talk about not informing players of the reduction of the credit rewards from Heroics and they said they would fix that. Quite honestly BW all you need to do is either a) redo the stats on the items, or b) you bring them back as shells like you did with the class specific armors. Though I honestly doubt that BW will make any informed decision on this given their track record from at least 3.0
You mean the orange shells from all the planetary vendors? Yes they need to return these. And they did not give any heads up about removing them. They did however give a heads up about removing the ops gear, so they were ok on that....but not on the other vendors. (Though if I am wrong, please someone show me )
I love Star Wars.

RameiArashi
06.30.2016 , 11:58 PM | #104
I didn't think it made sense for my sith warrior to get a blaster cannon, but it turns out it was automatically added to my collection so a commando character could claim it/

Knorlac
07.01.2016 , 12:00 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by gabigool View Post
I'm literally not even waiting for new Ops anymore. I'm waiting for new people to be in your jobs.
The sad thing is that as soon as the current staff will have managed to run the game into the ground, EA will more likely just close down the game.

Lakemine
07.01.2016 , 12:18 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Elvija View Post
Thanks for a good stream. Can't wait to see the new content.

To the rest of you complainers: shame on you!! You all sound like a bunch of ungrateful spoiled brats. Grow up!
I am a grateful spoiled brat thank you very much! And I have the mental age of 12, so....I cant grow up sorrys.
Also....I will complain because I want to like this game, been here since late 2012 (missed that stinking jawa balloon by 2 weeks and wish it would come back as a reward for something, I don't care what (just not ranked pvp.) just anyway please.

As for a lot of things I was upset with, they have been smoothed over with some (not all) of things they talked about, the heroics being reset.....at this point....after all the talking and trying to understand it....to be honest either way is ok with me. The real problem I see is the rarity drop rate of items, and not just cartel items, there were lots of items that used to random drop before 4.0, that NEVER do now, they need to be reverted.

I am still upset how they handled the EC speed run (even though I did not do it because I still don't even have the achievement for it.) and all the bugs this past patch. So hopefully the fixes they have incoming next week will help.
I love Star Wars.

Lakemine
07.01.2016 , 12:24 AM | #107
Ok....I know this is completely random....but when did the devs remove the GSI satellite on Makeb? Because that means you can NEVER get the codex "GSI Satellite Support" ever again. (Its under the "Lore" tab) I do not remember in any patch notes for the last 7 months them removing it. So the question I have for Eric is....anyway you can find out if we can still get it from another source? Or was it removed completely from the game so no one get it ever again? I know this will probably end up covered up by other questions, but asking because Eric you said in the livestream you will look over this forum. Hopefully it can get answered.
I love Star Wars.

IanArgent
07.01.2016 , 12:38 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Lakemine View Post
Ok....I know this is completely random....but when did the devs remove the GSI satellite on Makeb? Because that means you can NEVER get the codex "GSI Satellite Support" ever again. (Its under the "Lore" tab) I do not remember in any patch notes for the last 7 months them removing it. So the question I have for Eric is....anyway you can find out if we can still get it from another source? Or was it removed completely from the game so no one get it ever again? I know this will probably end up covered up by other questions, but asking because Eric you said in the livestream you will look over this forum. Hopefully it can get answered.
4.0, or an early 4.x patch - the mechanical buff was presumably considered no longer necessary what with the rapid levelling, higher level cap, and level sync.

I'd forgotten there was a lore entry associated.

ZavienUK
07.01.2016 , 12:46 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Aulus_Claudius View Post
Some small part of me had held out hope that this joke of an 'event' would be cancelled, even though I knew EAWare would never listen to their player base.

It was a mistake to continue subscribing to this game after EA took it over, and that's a mistake I'm correcting now.
Ignore the event. There you go, it's cancelled for you. Meanwhile those of us who are enjoying the event can continue doing so. Cancelling the event would provide nothing to you that you don't get from simply ignoring it, so why such a selfish demand?

IanArgent
07.01.2016 , 12:47 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by ZavienUK View Post
Ignore the event. There you go, it's cancelled for you. Meanwhile those of us who are enjoying the event can continue doing so. Cancelling the event would provide nothing to you that you don't get from simply ignoring it, so why such a selfish demand?
The rewards are so terribad that nobody should have them? (I'm enjoying the event myself, so I'm glad they didn't cancel)