So, when is the biochem nerf coming?

Bloodtau

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is new and different.

The game is new. The crew skills will always be evolving. Biochem is the "it" crew skill this month, next month it will probably be something else.

Can we please stop these stupid threads now?

It pretty much makes ALL other crafting worthless higher level. All that work through out the game for nothing. Biochem only med packs and stims was also a stupid idea, making it even more stupidly broken.

It needs nerfing. Or the biochem limit taking off the unique stims/medpacks so its actually fair.

So basically, what you're saying is that just because all of the other crew skills are "broken," we need to have the one solid crew skill taken down to their quality as well? Where is the logic in that?

I've an idea... how about rather than messing with Biochem, which works solidly with respect to self-only perks, we give all of the other crafting crew skills similar perks? Why not become a part of the constructive conversation about what Bioware could implement for the gimped crew skills, as many others on these forums have already, rather than just being another whiney "nerf Biochem!" post?

Let me guess, you're upset you took something else to discover you wanted biochem later.

While Biochem might be the best end-game crew skill (which is kinda expected from consumables and previous experiences), you shouldn't be bitter and just crew nerf.

Look at what you took, why you're disappointed and what suggestions you can make to improve it.

Or you could always drop it and take biochem.

I'm not upset. It's just pointless making it so much better than the others. Whats the point of even having the other crew skills? they are useless. Hell, slicing got nerfed where biochem needed it more. Why should I have to drop a skill i've levelled and spent good money on only for it to be utter turd?

Quick something is good NERF IT TO THE GROUND BECAUSE SOMEONE DOES SOMETHING BETTER!

Rather then crying for nerfs why don't you head over to the suggestions area, and post something constructive about how you could adjust the crew skills to be as useful?

Oh that might actually require more effort then screaming to destroy the usefulness of a skill? Oh that might mean some other skills are useful too? WE CANNOT HAVE THAT!

Quick! Post nerf threads so bioware can know that we don't want things IMPROVED we just want them to be turned to junk and not actually boost up anything else or be creative with solutions.

How about just a straight nerf to all crew skills? Make all stats on all gear, mods, stims, medpacks, adrenals, etc just +1. Nothing more at all levels. There, nothing is more useful then another.

Or, we could..I don't know...recommend ideas for adjusting things or identify how other skills could be made better, like having crafted gear armor/weapons have like an extra +2-10 per stat compared to equivalent gear for the class/level to make it notably better.

Whats that? I just did more work in that quick trite (although not neatly balanced) suggestion then the cry for nerf did? I guess I need nerfed in my imagination now to bring me back in line with nerf crying.

So basically, what you're saying is that just because all of the other crew skills are "broken," we need to have the one solid crew skill taken down to their quality as well? Where is the logic in that?

I've an idea... how about rather than messing with Biochem, which works solidly with respect to self-only perks, we give all of the other crafting crew skills similar perks? Why not become a part of the constructive conversation about what Bioware could implement for the gimped crew skills, as many others on these forums have already, rather than just being another whiney "nerf Biochem!" post?

In NO way is biochem a "solid crew skill". The only people thinking it is are the people with it, benefiting from it. Slicing got the nerf when it didn't need to, so I hope biochem gets the boot dropped down on it, and hard.

I don't think it would be insanely hard to max Biochem when you're at 50 already. The replenishing stims and packs are awesome and easy to RE but having run a tank to 30 with it (and to great effect), it hasn't made me want to put biochem on all my other characters.

Nor do I think commendation vendors have made my purple pistols of critical bleeding doom useless.

And I think it's okay that armor crafters don't make the armor mods.

In fact with so many biochemmers out there the cost of the blue medpacks which are actually more effective than the purple replenishing ones, are likely to drop drastically.

In NO way is biochem a "solid crew skill". The only people thinking it is are the people with it, benefiting from it. Slicing got the nerf when it didn't need to, so I hope biochem gets the boot dropped down on it, and hard.

If you didn't think slicing missions needed a nerf, you're not the guy I'd go to for game balance tips.

Edited by Pherdnut

Slicing nerf was a change to credit generation.

This in turn changes the overall inflation rate of the server economy and the in/out of credits in the system.

By nerfing the credit generation the economy takes a nerf to the growth/inflation of the currancy.

Biochem however does no such thing due to reusable items not having an overall effect on the inflation of the currancy but instead is a very minor change to the supply/demand of a specific commodity.

(1 item out of however many stims/medpacks there are).

That is why slicing nerf on credit generation is starkly different from Biochem nerf being called for.

Slicing and the credit generation had a potential for much more in terms of effects on others and the overall server wealth scale.

Understanding server economies and economies of an MMO scale is important when you consider things like in game currency generation and the use thereof.

Edited by Shatteredstar

Slicing nerf was a change to credit generation.

This in turn changes the overall inflation rate of the server economy and the in/out of credits in the system.

By nerfing the credit generation the economy takes a nerf to the growth/inflation of the currancy.

Biochem however does no such thing due to reusable items not having an overall effect on the inflation of the currancy but instead is a very minor change to the supply/demand of a specific commodity.

(1 item out of however many stims/medpacks there are).

That is why slicing nerf on credit generation is starkly different from Biochem nerf being called for.

Slicing and the credit generation had a potential for much more in terms of effects on others and the overall server wealth scale.

Understanding server economies and economies of an MMO scale is important when you consider things like in game currency generation and the use thereof.

They nerf slicing but then the economy got messed up by bioware messing up, yet again, and people exploiting millions of credits anyway. This exploit has hurt the game more than any extra money from slicing ever could.

Right. So I press a button and it makes me money. I don't sell anything. There is no market to compete with. I just get more money. And I don't even have to be there to do it. With thousands of MMO noobs blasting the 'gimme' money button on their 7 alts per server, how long do you think it would have been before it cost 300,000 to buy one of those OP blue biochem medpacks at level 10?

I had cybertech till I realised what a pointless waste of time it was. Dropped it and got my biochem to level 300 (enough to use the decent reusables) in less than 24 hours. Of course it helped that I had Diplomacy already and a guild member who was already 400 in biochem and had all the schematics for the items I wanted.

it is just like anything else in MMOs - right now to compete you need those items. The good thing about it is you can level it up in next to no time because there is no depth at all to crafting in this game.

What has been said before is also right - quit whining, you chose badly now you have two options. Stamp your fee and whine like a little girl that someone has better toys than you or you know, take up biochem. Failing that you could look to make what you chose better.

It needed less of a nerf than biochem.

How so? Biochem produces items for others to use and also provides a useful reusable item for yourself.

As such it is beneficial to others and handy for you in a reduction of your PERSONAL costs.

Slicing on the other hand as more people use it with a higher credit payout could produce more currency in the system. More currency means higher prices for all goods to compensate (500 credits means jack when many people easily have ALOT)

For a good example of how currency influxes effect economies WoW and EQ1 are good examples thereof, if you watch from the initial start of the games to the current how as money became easier and easier to obtain with less effort, prices gradually rose on a whole.

Slicing as it was could generate alot of credits with very little effort comparatively, this would've sped up the overall currency inflation thus influencing whole server economies.

Thus a nerf to that is a very much BIGGER need then preventing people from having a reusable item.

They nerf slicing but then the economy got messed up by bioware messing up, yet again, and people exploiting millions of credits anyway. This exploit has hurt the game more than any extra money from slicing ever could.

People exploiting for credits and bioware screw ups causing credit flow are separate in the discussion and are certainly relevant to an economy issue but on a crew skill level that is a separate fight and thought.

People exploiting for credits and bioware screw ups causing credit flow are separate in the discussion and are certainly relevant to an economy issue but on a crew skill level that is a separate fight and thought.

it's relevant to the discussion.

This thread could be summed up by:

"WAAAAA there is a useful crafting skill in the game, it should be nerfed."

For reference I am Armstech and will be for at least a couple of month in the hope they buff it and other crafting skills as opposed to nerfing the one notably decent crafting skill.

Stop nerfing crew skills.

First, it was slicing.

Now, it's Biochem?

Basically, this seems like a witch-hunt for all of "them-there" useful skills. Here's an idea. How about we use Biochem as a model for how all the crafting skills should be? Leave Biochem the way it is, and bring the other skills up to par.

But, I do agree one thing that should be nerfed about Biochem. Only allow PvP consumables in PvP!

Stop nerfing crew skills.

First, it was slicing.

Now, it's Biochem?

Basically, this seems like a witch-hunt for all of "them-there" useful skills. Here's an idea. How about we use Biochem as a model for how all the crafting skills should be? Leave Biochem the way it is, and bring the other skills up to par.

But, I do agree one thing that should be nerfed about Biochem. Only allow PvP consumables in PvP!

I'd agree with that to some degree, although if better armors/weapons then what people can normally find came out for other tradeskills that might need revisited if they were wearable/usable in pvp.