Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Baby Yoda Pet

Transcendent
12.08.2019 , 01:18 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DaroxSKSKSKSKSKS View Post
This kind of casual disregard of timelines is exactly why I loathe Disney, and I don't want to see it in the game, thank you very much.
This.

As cute as some of the memes have been.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

Jdast
12.08.2019 , 01:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
This.

As cute as some of the memes have been.
Except it is demonstrably provable it is not disregarding the timeline.

Not directed specifically at you...but one of the things I find annoying is when people self-appoint themselves as gatekeepers of lore or loremasters.

I've noticed over the three years since my return that some people adopt the position that if it first appears in the current movie timeline it a priori could not possibly have existed in the Old Republic timeline.

People are entitled to that interpretation of lore. I'm also entitled to the position that it is scientific hogwash. The initial appearance of:

1) Lando Calrissian does not preclude people of color existing in the Old Republic era - hence the existence of Tau;

2) Crusty old Jedi robes probably existed in the Old Republic era too, reverted, came back again;

3) Droids existed throughout -- I imagine the style changed. But the notion that the adorable little droid from Fallen Order could not have possibly existed in the Old Republic era is inane;

4) Just because we see Kylo Ren's vented light saber make its first appearance in the current move timeline, does not mean such light sabers did not exist in the Old Republic era;

5) Just b/c we see a Porg in the current movie timeline does not mean they did not exist in the Old Republic era.

Perhaps the above are false, but then I want to see lore-based evidence for the creation of, for example, Old Crusty Jedi Robes like ObiWan wore, or the spontaneous creation of Porgs as a species.

TL-DR: Lore elitists without any logical reasoning to back up their interpretation annoy me. I at least have science, logic, and reason on my side. And fer cryin' out loud, we are talking about the introduction of pets (or old Jedi robes, or style of light sabers) that will generate income for this game. This is a no-brainer.

Dasty

DarkTergon
12.08.2019 , 02:06 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
Except it is demonstrably provable it is not disregarding the timeline.

Not directed specifically at you...but one of the things I find annoying is when people self-appoint themselves as gatekeepers of lore or loremasters.

I've noticed over the three years since my return is that some people adopt the position that if it first appears in the current movie timeline it a priori could not possibly have existed in the Old Republic timeline.

People are entitled to that interpretation of lore. I'm also entitled to the position that it is scientific hogwash. The initial appearance of:

1) Lando Calrissian does not preclude people of color existing in the Old Republic era - hence the existence of Tau.

2) Crusty old Jedi robes probably existed in the Old Republic era too, reverted, came back again.

3) Droids existed throughout -- I imagine the style changed. But the notion that the adorable little droid from Fallen Order could not have possibly existed in the Old Republic era is inane;

4) Just because we see Kylo Ren's vented light saber make its first appearance in the current move timeline, does not mean such light sabers did not exist in the Old Republic era;

5) Just b/c we see a Porg in the current movie timeline does not mean they did not exist in the Old Republic era.

Perhaps the above are false, but then I want to see lore-based evidence for the creation of, for example, Old Crusty Jedi Robes like ObiWan wore, or the spontaneous creation of Porgs as a species.

TL-DR: Lore elitists without any logical reasoning to back up their interpretation annoy me. I at least have science, logic, and reason on my side. And fer cryin' out loud, we are talking about the introduction of pets (or old Jedi robes, or style of light sabers) that will generate income for this game. This is a no-brainer.

Dasty
You naughty lore elitists have upset Dasty so much, they didn't even finish the comments with the usual sipping of wine, etc Shame on you.
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ