Which Class is Like Obi-Wan

Garandhero

Hey guys,

If I want to create a Jedi that closely mimics the fighting style of Obi-Wan Kenobi which class should I choose??

I really don't want to be a "Tank" though in the game if I can avoid it. I always though Obi-wan was a master saberish/duelist and an offensive weapon. So yah basically what would be the best class to be like Obi-Wan overall?

Also if I was a good Lore-Master in LOTRO, which class would I like in SWTOR?

He was a Jedi tank.

Luke was DPS. That's why Old Ben died. No heals :(

I mean was he really a tank though? Let's take a look.

Solo'd Darth Maul

Solo'd Grevious

Solo'd Young Vader

Prob could of gotten away from old Vader or won but sacrificed himself

Was the only Jedi who was ever truly fearless, charging into the heart of Grevious base without knowing when his troopers would show, Offering to go up against the emperor, countless other things where he just charged in totally offensively.

Guy was a force legend, tossed **** left and right with push/pull.

One saber

Super fast/agil and some of the best light saber skills in the galaxy. I'm having a hard time figuring out when he ever "tanked" except for that one part in the movie in the Geonsian arena where he went back to back with Mace windu and blocked like a billion blaster shots.

He was a Jedi tank.

Luke was DPS. That's why Old Ben died. No heals :(

Sorry I dropped the ball on the heals there. Was distracted by the coolness of being on the Death Star and just getting over the excitement of seeing a planet blown up.

To the OP: Depends which Eposide, I believe IMO that during the Prequals he was more of a DPS Guardian however near death he was more of a Sage (Adv Consulor),

Although I never once saw him use any cool force abilities during any of the movies besides a few force pushes... not like Yoda he block and absorbed force lightning.

Although Obi-Wan sacrificed himself so his companions could get away, i think Vadar did NOT kill him. Obi-wan transcended into immortality before Vader's light saber ever arrived. Think about it - every other time anyone was struck with a saber, the severed body parts were left behind. There was no trace of obi-wan left.

I'm thinking the fact that we didn't see obi-wan use a lot of force moves also points back to master swordsman/guardian.

I think he's multi-class. One single class doesn't define him.

He was a defender, but still had a ton of offensive skills & abilities. (or vice versa)

Kinda makes me hope they would look at doing a "Mastery" class or something that would either open up more options or allow a person to truly "Master" the path they chose. *shrug*

• 3 weeks later...

If you remember your KoTOR... 'A Guardian uses a blue crystal, a Counsular a green and a sentinal yellow."

So if Obi-Wan uses a blue he'd most like be a guardian, though times have changed the role of the guardian and sentinal did merge into one class by his time.

Obi-Wan beat Darth Maul due to blowing all his cooldowns......which were all unavailable when facing Darth Vader. As he recognized this, he then saw the forest from the trees....

"Dear Bioware Obi Wan class is OP pls nerf it. Qui-Gonn class is ok thougth."

- Darth Maul