Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mara/Sent = foam light saber

Lord_Malganus
07.10.2020 , 07:25 AM | #11
I started playing this game at launch and quit playing after SOR. Was a Mara main the entire time.

I returned for Onslaught and quickly realized Mara's have become a sad, pathetic joke .

Sappharan
07.11.2020 , 09:59 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Malganus View Post
I started playing this game at launch and quit playing after SOR. Was a Mara main the entire time.

I returned for Onslaught and quickly realized Mara's have become a sad, pathetic joke .
They're not strong, that's a certainty. Burst does not mean what it used to mean, and Combat has lackluster "burst" at the moment.

gasxero
10.20.2020 , 10:22 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Malganus View Post

warriors in general are trash these days...they haven't recieved love in years.

mike_carton
10.23.2020 , 11:19 PM | #14
No discipline is trash in PvE in 6.x game. Some are better at some things and others are better at other things. As always.

I take a Concentration Sentinel through Ops regularly (most recently VotMG) with up to 13k DPS in scaled content.

Gear + Knowledge + Skill + Practice = Win
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

Sappharan
11.08.2020 , 04:43 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Lodinn View Post
It's just you PvPing crybabies don't care about that but even granted that, mara defenses are sure weaker than sniper ones but still far, far from useless.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lodinn View Post
And it also sounds like the OP tried to play carnage going by "spamming like crazy to get so weak results" in which case no ****, it's garbage atm.

Erevan_Kindelar
11.08.2020 , 05:00 AM | #16
Mara/Sent is a massively strong class, assuming two/three things.
First, your opponents have to stay within melee range for you to do anything to them.. sure, you can run around and keep them from doing anything useful, but that was only fun when we were children playing kiss-chase with a girl running around a tree.
Second, your opponents have to fail to realise that you are a glass cannon - high damage output, but squishy, so you are probably the secondary focus target after a healer (maybe the primary if you are disruptive enough to their team cohesiveness).
And finally, you need to know how to maximize the value of your class - the rotation is part of it, but I would say the larger parts are situational awareness and knowing which enemies you should target and when, plus which you should avoid (hint, don't mindlessly spam a high burst damage rotation on a tank who has just popped their DCDs, as I always seem to do).

Mara/Sent is one of those classes that is incredibly skill-dependent. Several other classes can do well even if you just mindlessly faceroll through a rotation without thinking. Mara/Sent will be just plain bad if you try that.
I am telling the truth, honestly! I am as honest as the day is long! Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving.
Like most other subs, I have a Referral Link. Clicking it gets you some stuff, and me some stuff too.

NogueiraA
11.27.2020 , 05:00 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Cusa View Post
This class is a complete failure, any other class will do better in any circonstances, damage, mobility, survivability....

Since the beginning force camouflage is USELESS, in any situation, and now, Mad dash is a joke.

This class is garbage, dont waste your time with it,.

the light saber of Mara are foam or hot air made, spamming like crazy to get so weak results....
This is exactly why devs don't even look at the forums anymore... Dumb and useless complaints like this.
Leizen / Laizen
Jedi Guardian
BETA Tester

Sappharan
11.28.2020 , 11:30 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
Mara/Sent is a massively strong class, assuming two/three things.
First, your opponents have to stay within melee range for you to do anything to them.. sure, you can run around and keep them from doing anything useful, but that was only fun when we were children playing kiss-chase with a girl running around a tree.
Second, your opponents have to fail to realise that you are a glass cannon - high damage output, but squishy, so you are probably the secondary focus target after a healer (maybe the primary if you are disruptive enough to their team cohesiveness).
And finally, you need to know how to maximize the value of your class - the rotation is part of it, but I would say the larger parts are situational awareness and knowing which enemies you should target and when, plus which you should avoid (hint, don't mindlessly spam a high burst damage rotation on a tank who has just popped their DCDs, as I always seem to do).

Mara/Sent is one of those classes that is incredibly skill-dependent. Several other classes can do well even if you just mindlessly faceroll through a rotation without thinking. Mara/Sent will be just plain bad if you try that.
Disagree. It WAS a massively strong class. Burst is mediocre at best. Sustained damage is...okay, but that's for PvE. In PvP burst is preferable. It is a shadow of what it used to be. TTK is way too long anyway, but that is another matter.

There is no rotation. SWTOR has a priority system in place. There is no sequence of abilities that can be endlessly and immutably executed. There are openers, some of them very long, but it is a priority system.

HanSollo
12.06.2020 , 06:43 AM | #19
I would say the biggest problem with Sent/Mar in PvP is ping issues. If you don't have a low steady ping your opponent can simply walk out of range of your abilities. Which is annoying.

As for the burst, just wait till you see someone lower then half hp. Jump on them and do 100k+ in less then 2 globals.

Force Camo is very good. If you know how to use it. And becomes really good if you buff it up.