Bad warzone damage?

Slamuel

I am on a light pve server, as a sentinel at level 38. I started doing wzs again, and just started keybinding. I never see anyone over 175K damage, and right after my keybinding start, when I played BAD, I got the second best damage at only 125K. How is my server so bad at PvP? I guess I suck too......

I am on a light pve server, as a sentinel at level 38. I started doing wzs again, and just started keybinding. I never see anyone over 175K damage, and right after my keybinding start, when I played BAD, I got the second best damage at only 125K. How is my server so bad at PvP? I guess I suck too......

Raw damage isn't that important. How you play and how that damage is applied is much more meaningful. If you have 125k damage and 30 kills, and someone else has 200k damage and 21 kills, who was smarter with their damage? I see huge damage numbers and low kill counts all the time, because it's just AoE that doesn't really threaten specific targets.

Also, if you play objectives and try to win, you might find your damage numbers a bit low. You're not going to be DPSing a lot if you carry the ball or run ahead to receive a pass and score. Your damage might be low if you're guarding a turret alone for 50% of a game. Etc. How you play means much more than any specific number.

Raw damage isn't that important. How you play and how that damage is applied is much more meaningful. If you have 125k damage and 30 kills, and someone else has 200k damage and 21 kills, who was smarter with their damage? I see huge damage numbers and low kill counts all the time, because it's just AoE that doesn't really threaten specific targets.

Also, if you play objectives and try to win, you might find your damage numbers a bit low. You're not going to be DPSing a lot if you carry the ball or run ahead to receive a pass and score. Your damage might be low if you're guarding a turret alone for 50% of a game. Etc. How you play means much more than any specific number.

I disagree, kills is pretty meaningless - it just means that you damaged somebody who eventually died. The best way to get lots of kills (and lots of raw damage) is just to throw out lots of AOE but that doesn't mean you have been being particularly effective. Similarly, pressuring a healer (like a Sentinel should be) will put up a lot of damage without necessarily doing many kills - but that is still very important. Really, most of the statistics are quite meaningless (although somebody doing >75k damage, 0 protection and 0 healing is pretty bad almost regardless.)

I disagree, kills is pretty meaningless - it just means that you damaged somebody who eventually died. The best way to get lots of kills (and lots of raw damage) is just to throw out lots of AOE but that doesn't mean you have been being particularly effective. Similarly, pressuring a healer (like a Sentinel should be) will put up a lot of damage without necessarily doing many kills - but that is still very important. Really, most of the statistics are quite meaningless (although somebody doing >75k damage, 0 protection and 0 healing is pretty bad almost regardless.)

My point was simply that the numbers need to be looked at in context and not merely as an absolute value. Having over 300k damage and only 5 kills with no objective points would indicate someone who just runs amuck trying to DPS without trying to win -- someone I don't want to be in a WZ with. I'd much rather play with someone who's total damage is a little low, but who played to win the game, than someone with massive AoE numbers and no ability to actually play the objectives.

I usually have my highest dps and kill counts when I'm eating breakfast while playing. Because I'm standing off to the side chucking AoEs at the stack of red instead of actually trying to win. So I never sort by damage or kills when deciding who to vote for, I usually look for someone who did something useful during the game, like not running off to go fight when we are the only ones guarding a turret. Yes, I too want to go HULK SMASH and feel good about myself in the middle or south, but if everyone leaves out of their own selfishness then some Op or Assassin is gonna sneak over and claim the turret with zero resistance. Edited by Lady_Alyria