Saber Forms.. What Should Have Been Done

Alohen

I Know I'm not alone in thinking the Animations for Jedi should be different in certain cases.

Let me explain

Guardian:

Shii-Cho - Balanced - Activation Animation = Fine, Combat Animations = Ok

Soresu - Defensive - Activation Animation = Great, Combat Animations = The Same.. Should be more defensive

Shien - Offensive - Activation Animation = No.. Just No, Combat Animations = The Same again..

Sentinel

Shii-Cho - Balanced - Activation Animation = Fine, Combat Animations = Ok

Juyo - Offensive, Almost Reckless in a Way - Activation Animation = Bad, Combat Animations - Same

Ataru - Offensive, Acrobatic, Accurate - Activation Animation = What the? Combat Animations = Same

They need to make Skill animations do more.. This would make the game so much better...

I know some people will reply with "Do you know how much coding this would take..." Etc etc, I just think this should be done. More Saber Forms Should be added too. I know it would take a heck load of Work from Bioware but this would make this the Best Class of them all.

I know some people will reply with "Do you know how much coding this would take..." Etc etc, I just think this should be done. More Saber Forms Should be added too. I know it would take a heck load of Work from Bioware but this would make this the Best Class of them all.

You're right, that is the proper response. The amount of work it would take to add entirely new sets of compatible animations for every saber style is far more extensive than it would be worth.

You're right, that is the proper response. The amount of work it would take to add entirely new sets of compatible animations for every saber style is far more extensive than it would be worth.

Yeah, I do think that If this WAS an entirely Single Player game, the Combat would Have to Suit Saber Forms. Still I think the least they could have done was make the Activation Animation for Going into Another Form Should be Better..

I don't really care if they change the combat animations. They are THE SAME moves. Why shouldn't they look... the same? The only thing I can think of they should have changed is your idol stance. If I just held my lightsaber in a different way in a different form I'd be happy, plus the activation animation for shien is TERRIBLE.

Wait, wait... Sentinels use Juyo? That'll end well...

Sentinels use Juyo and Juggernauts use Soresu. Total sense, right?

Total sense that marauders use Juyo, also. Juggernaut offensive form should be Juyo as well.

I honestly think Juggernaut defensive form should either be Djem So or Dun Moch. Soresu is too much serenity focused to be used by a raged defender.

• 2 weeks later...

Give all Knights and Warriors Shii-cho

Give Guardians - Juyo, Soresu, Makashi. Shien Optional

Give Sentinel - Ataru, Juyo, Niman. Soresu Optional

Give Juggy - Nothing, Nothing and Nothingness x10

Give Maruno - Nothing x5 , nothing x1 and nothingness xx11

Just kidding on the sith, but I think that the sith should have made up they're own forms in the time they had in rebuilding the empire. As for animations....I think it would take to long to implement different moves at this point but I do think they could have the idle stances adjusted properly.

Edited by JediMasterRevan

Have you noticed that Soresu's activation animation is the same move Obi-Wan made when he faced down General Grievous? :)

That's because Obi-wan used Soresu almost exclusively after his fight with Darth Maul. Soresu's activation in game is, I understand, the opening stance for Soresu Form in combat.