Dark Council

Talon_Starfire

Which makes better nobility for the dark council role playing wise a Sorcerer or Assassin I'm thinking Sorcerer is more like Sidious.:sy_empire:

Most defiantly sorcerers they're puppet masters where assassins come across as lone wolves or minions under the command of someone , at least that's how I see them. It just seems rather out of place for a Dark council member to be sneaking in through the back window to make a kill.:p

Edited by VonFoxFire

Both of them, in their own subtle ways.

The Sorceror is the "visible" lord; the one brimming with power and authority.

But the Assassin is unseen, and can rule from the shadows. More power, less recognition.

Both have their places.

Both of them, in their own subtle ways.

The Sorceror is the "visible" lord; the one brimming with power and authority.

But the Assassin is unseen, and can rule from the shadows. More power, less recognition.

Both have their places.

Assassin has more power in what way?

Thanks and For the Empire.

Assassins, having spent so much time sneaking around, are bound to have a sort of mix of Darth Jadus' trickery + Darth Baras' contacts. Not to mention that they would have a easier time of subtly manipulating certain things.

Just my two cents.:D

This is how I look at it. The sorcerer would be the one out in the open flaunting her/his power and daring her/his enemy to challenge her/him. An assassin would play the enemies friend, and slip in and destroy them when they least expect it. They are the deceivers. The nightmare you never see coming until it's too late. They would rule very effectively as know one could predict them. Are they my ally? Are they my enemy, and if so, when are they going to make their move and attack.

I would fear the assassin more than the sorcerer. The sorcerer I at least see coming...

This is how I look at it. The sorcerer would be the one out in the open flaunting her/his power and daring her/his enemy to challenge her/him. An assassin would play the enemies friend, and slip in and destroy them when they least expect it. They are the deceivers. The nightmare you never see coming until it's too late. They would rule very effectively as know one could predict them. Are they my ally? Are they my enemy, and if so, when are they going to make their move and attack.

I would fear the assassin more than the sorcerer. The sorcerer I at least see coming...

Which focusses more on unlimited power?

Thanks

Which focuses more on unlimited power?

Thanks

I would say both in their own way. The sorc definitely fits the story line better. However, I could see both assassin and sorc striving for the "ultimate" power each in their own way. The assassin would want to further his power in the force by learning new force techniques to disable and deceive his foes, and focusing on his martial prowess at the same time. The sorcerer would definitely want to search for ancient text and rituals and hidden places of power.

its generally not good to RP as a figure a great importance, but it really depends on who you're RPing with.

One time I did an RP with an agent, BH, and Inquisitor who RP'd as Cipher Nine, Grand Champion, and a Dark Council member, respectively. So it's not unheard off, but many people frown upon it

Just my 10 cents :rak_03:

They both should be equally feared. But throughout the galaxy we do see "assassin" type sith tend to be used more as the minions or the hunters but in reality either class would work. The Dark Council works by how powerful you are not how you fight or what type of lightsaber you have.

Sadly Dark Councilor is not a title Imquisitors receive. The titles we get that are class specific are acolyte, apprentice, lord, and darth. But that doesn't mean we aren't referred to as a Dark Councilor, I believe in the Black Hole daily heroic, The End of Torvix, the general there refers to us as a "Dark Council member" and there is another person on Ilum who does the same. It's been a while since I've done the dailies do I'm not completely sure. Also I think some of the operation story quests also refer to our status. But like the dailies I can't be certain since they are sadly not repeatable.

You people forget that the division of assassins and sorcerers is a gameplay mechaning ,not lore mechanic.Especialy for powerful and important characters like the jedi and sith protagonists in the game.

In reality(SW reality) you can easily sneak and be sorcerer.Have double bladed saber and be sorcerer.And so on and so forth.

The real Darth Nox has both assassin and sorcerer abilities.

That said,both assassin and sorcerer fit into the story.

Yoda is Jedi Sage,but he is lightsaber master also.

Palpatine is Sith Sorcerer but he is a lightsaber master also.

You get the idea.

Edited by Kaedusz

You people forget that the division of assassins and sorcerers is a gameplay mechaning ,not lore mechanic.Especialy for powerful and important characters like the jedi and sith protagonists in the game.

In reality(SW reality) you can easily sneak and be sorcerer.Have double bladed saber and be sorcerer.And so on and so forth.

The real Darth Nox has both assassin and sorcerer abilities.

That said,both assassin and sorcerer fit into the story.

Yoda is Jedi Sage,but he is lightsaber master also.

Palpatine is Sith Sorcerer but he is a lightsaber master also.

You get the idea.

Bioware obviously doesn't know that.