Bodyguard Nerfs

spawnlod

Why did Merc Healers get slammed in this patch?

Like the massive nerf to Rocket Fuel Vapors. (The Rocket Fuel Vapors tactical item has been redesigned:

Kolto Pods heal for an additional 5% and last a second longer, gaining an extra tick of healing.) This make this tactical basically worthless now. I used it for the supercharge gains.

I have a full set of Rapid Response and none of my gear changed to the supposed update of :

Rapid Response

(2) +2% Mastery

(4) Activating a healing ability has a 15% chance to grant Combat Medic's Critical Bonus which causes your next Rapid Scan to be a critical. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.

(6) Healing an ally with Rapid Scan applies Restorative Drive to them for 10 seconds. Each enemy defeated by this ally increases your healing by 2% for 10 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.

I dont understand I didnt think merc healers were that overpowered but I guess the Devs though otherwise.

Really dont know why...

They were not so OP in comparison to both sorc and op healers, maybe better in some ops boss, btw adjust set bonus was a thing, nerf to the ground set and 2 tactical its a mad choice in my opinion.

Really dont know why...

They were not so OP in comparison to both sorc and op healers, maybe better in some ops boss, btw adjust set bonus was a thing, nerf to the ground set and 2 tactical its a mad choice in my opinion.

I checked the all the old 8man NiM bosses on parsely..out of 31 NiM bosses Merc tops the leaderboards 23 times and Op 8 times. Merc wasn't balanced and it wasn't "a little better on some ops bosses". It was broken. It was op aoe + sorc single target burst + 0 energy issues + superb dcds + offdps

Right now, post merc nerf merc and op are balanced and sorc is still a little behind in aoe heavy fights like dread council, but for mostly single target fights all healers are decent

I checked the all the old 8man NiM bosses on parsely..out of 31 NiM bosses Merc tops the leaderboards 23 times and Op 8 times.

Also funny cuz half of those Op parses are Digi from the SnV - level 75 exploit XD

imagine nerfing an entire spec cause of PVE reasons . New set bonus nice , once again for pve . Pvp doesn't get anything and will probably be the lowest off al healers once again . Feels like season 8 all over again.

Merc heals has spent more time at the bottom of PvP healers than the other two combined over the entirety of the game. Prior to this nerf, this was probably the closest all 3 had been to each other. Not anymore

Buffed Tech Medic set seems very decent and I think it provides more heals than CF.

Progressive Scan tactical is decent, and do not forget that Running Restoration buffs Healing Scan by 15%

I have been using Tech Medic before 6.1.2 on hope of buff, with all 3 tacticals depends on needs. I have High alac build and even without 10% crit from CF I have huge crits (50-55k on Healing Scan uncapped, best I rembember was 57k)

Point is, this patch is huge buff to my heals

Is tech medic the best set build now? Been trying to find a guide on it since they changed all of our set bonus'

Tech medic is best for healing.

But since healing checks are very relaxed in all levels of content, you're better off running CF for additional offDPS

Only thing i care about is how they ruined the Running Rapid Restoration tactical. Being able to use med probe while moving was really nice. AMP is instant most of the time i use it so the tactical is worthless.

I'm still having major issues with this too. "Giving us the perk" of making something that typically is instant cast usable while moving is asinine. Mercs/commandos are supposed to be the "mobile" BHs/troopers, right? Why make us stationary? The players attacking us are allowed to move while doing so. We should be allowed to move and cast while pillar humping.

Edited by Cowpowqt