Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rotation for the IO Merc 5.8 (Scaeva)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Rotation for the IO Merc 5.8 (Scaeva)

Equeliber
04.04.2018 , 03:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by salaciousc View Post
Rotation for the IO Merc

https://document.li/8tNv

Enjoy

Scaeva, Darth Malgus

###
Edit 1: Republic version added
Can you show us a parse with your brilliant rotation? Cause we obviously need proof that this one works well. By just looking at what you wrote there, all we can say that it's BS. But please, prove us wrong and get a solid parse!
Klorea, Sith Marauder Ael Vienne, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

Equeliber
04.04.2018 , 03:43 AM | #12
snip
Sounds like you have serious server lag issues? In 3 years of playing the game I have never based my rotation on latencies... And I have never seen anyone else do it either. My ping is 60-90ms most of the time and I can normally perform my full rotations in fights. Lag never breaks them, only mechanics of the fight do. Even when I played Carnage (not anymore, thx Bioware) I had no troubles following the dummy rotation as much as possible in real fights. When playing specs with lower APM (like IO by the way) It's much easier to play them optimally in real fights, so there are even less reasons accounting for latencies...

Your rotation only makes "some" sense if you personally have consistent server lag... But in no way it is gonna work as a general rotation for everyone. And if you are seriously saying that your rotation is fine even for target dummy... You don't mention Rapid Shots anywhere. I am very interested to see how you will still have energy left after like 2 minutes of this rotation... (or even less)

Edit: Okay, I noticed a part about Rapid Shots - you called them Quick shots which confused me. Again, show us a parse cause there is no way you can complete a 2.5 mil dummy with this rotation of yours.
Klorea, Sith Marauder Ael Vienne, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

salaciousc
04.04.2018 , 04:03 AM | #13
You cannot expect more than 2 Magshots within 15 seconds.
In real fights the reset never fails unless I clip Unload or Death from Above gets interrupted. In this case I have to repeat a Powershot and the rotation grows to 10 GCDs.

A comparison of different rotations only makes sense if the conditions are exactly the same, parses with different gear are not really relvant. In addition the testdummy does not really tell what you get in a raid or in a pvp match as latencies are different. At the shipdummy there is a bigger failiure rate for resets than in real fights.

Why not try the rotation in a PVP match, there you can see that the Mag Shot does not get crippled despite only 9 GCDs are filled with attacks (as default).

Equeliber
04.04.2018 , 04:07 AM | #14
In real fights the reset never fails unless I clip Unload or Death from Above gets interrupted. In this case I have to repeat a Powershot and the rotation grows to 10 GCDs.

A comparison of different rotations only makes sense if the conditions are exactly the same, parses with different gear are not really relvant. In addition the testdummy does not really tell what you get in a raid or in a pvp match as latencies are different. At the shipdummy there is a bigger failiure rate for resets than in real fights.

Why not try the rotation in a PVP match, there you can see that the Mag Shot does not get crippled despite only 9 GCDs are filled with attacks (as default).
If with your rotation you actually expect to fail Mag Shot reset that already should tell you that your rotation is not optimal. Check top parses on parsely.io, do you see them failing the resets?

And again, show us some proof that you are good. You can't just come in and teach people. Who are you? Do you have a parse to prove you can get good DPS? Are you a Nim raider who cleared many fights with this rotation?

salaciousc
04.04.2018 , 04:17 AM | #15
Other ppl use 10 GCDs to reset their Mag Shot, despite 9 CGDs are usually sufficient do the same job.

CMoray
04.04.2018 , 06:24 AM | #16
Other ppl use 10 GCDs to reset their Mag Shot, despite 9 CGDs are usually sufficient do the same job.
If I ecexute your rotation I get the first two resets for Mag Shot (with Power Shot (2) and Unload (8), but immediately in the second repetition I don't get it. So, taking your words, I use another Power Shot. Now the reset with Unload fails, so i use another Power shot (and so on). So I always have to use a 10th GCD.

You have 5GCDs = 7.5s between the first and second reset (assuming #2 and #8 giving the proc) but only 4GCDs between the second and first. This means you are calculating to loose 1.5s during 4GCDs. Not loosing 1.5s over the whole circle.

In raids I use my 10GCD rotation and I even manage to fail to get a reset from time to time (alacrity buffs or some instant fillers maybe - weird), so with a 9GCD rotation this would happen way more often, maybe all the time.
Aurinko

Gyronamics
04.04.2018 , 06:49 AM | #17

Not a problem. Any player worth listening to will be aware how much gear matters. You can list your stats and players can match to test it. I for one have vast amounts of gear to gear down to virtually any level to compare.

A dummy parse is not needed. The parser will log data from any fight. A flashpoint boss, an open world mini-boss while your companion tanks.

A few rotations as proof of concept.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

salaciousc
04.04.2018 , 06:52 AM | #18
@CMoray
Only Powershots are used to trigger the Particle Accelerator, if the proc failed repeat that attack. Don't use Unload for the reset.

Have you tried it in a pvp match yet?
As posted before the latencies are not the same at the dummy and in real fights. During pvp matches and raids I got a success rate of nearly 100%.

CMoray
04.04.2018 , 08:03 AM | #19
@CMoray
Only Powershots are used to trigger the Particle Accelerator, if the proc failed repeat that attack. Don't use Unload for the reset.

Have you tried it in a pvp match yet?
As posted before the latencies are not the same at the dummy and in real fights. During pvp matches and raids I got a success rate of nearly 100%.
Hm, okay. the reset on #6 und #8 come on the same time. I missed that. But you still have only 4 GCDs between the second and first reset. If the first reset fails and you channel another Power Shot you delay the Reset by another GCD. And even in PvP i don't have latencies that high to loose 1.5s. Only movement may result in delayed abilities.
Aurinko

Jevaruss
04.04.2018 , 03:37 PM | #20
PVP is different because the activation pushback (if you're getting attacked) plus stuns etc, is much higher than in raids where as a dps the only pushback you should get are from unavoidable aoe/mechanics and maybe adds. If you're allowed to continuously freecast in PVP, 9 GCD rotation won't work. But if you keep getting hit during your casts/channels in PVP, then yeah the pushback will add up enough to where 9 GCDs can work.

Also with the max 1s ability queue, server latency is at least somewhat minimized.
OG Commando life.

Star Forge, formerly Shadowlands.