Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideas for 6.0 abilities

MercenaryPlayer
09.22.2018 , 01:08 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by themarcthree View Post
Maybe also get rid of the utility that allows kolto overload to heal up to 60% percent and maybe responsive safeguards as well, dueling a merc is painful with them.
Get rid of Reflect? That's funny. Not sure if you're aware of not but, incase you're still wondering how to play around Merc DCDs in a duel, here's how:

1. With Reflect, stun them or aoe. If you're a stealth class, just disappear for a few seconds if you're able. Wait it out and resume dps.

2. Energy Shield + Trauma Regulators, So long as the number of stacks you give is 5 or less the amount of healing received is really not as much as you think it is. The same rules apply for Energy Shield as with Reflect. Stun or aoe as only direct damage gives trauma stacks. Or if you're a stealth, disappear and wait it out.

3 Not sure how much more of a nerf you need to feel comfortable about Kolto Surge. The original Kolto Overload capped out at 35% healing and it's at 60% now. If they nerf it again it kinda negates the point of the utility. Kolto Surge was already nerfed 10% and the heals slightly lowered. The is the only dcd that can't really be played around so it's the only 2nd wind a merc really has, if you apply the tactics from points 1 & 2 you really shouldn't have much trouble dueling a merc.

Unless you're facing one of the top merc players on the server this strat works well. You also have to consider that some players are players of all classes and specs and have some idea or know when to use their dcds against other classes and specs. So requesting a nerf just b/c someone really good with their class and good with their dcd usage is stupid.

Idk what server you're on or which class you main but, if you're on Star Forge and want some practice dueling a merc I can duel with you. (IO Merc is my main btw) I love dueling so I could give you some practice.

CrazyOldMystic
10.25.2018 , 02:14 PM | #12
Well don't remove any more abilities from my vanguard or commando. Unless its that cheat shield. I would like to see blitz returned, stock strike, and I like my plasma/fire grenade. Leave it alone. You kids always looking to wreck what was.
Before someone gets the bright idea, leave my explosive round, and mortar volley alone. I miss charged bolts. So much ruined because people want generic ranged dps.

Equeliber
10.26.2018 , 12:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MercenaryPlayer View Post
Get rid of Reflect? That's funny. Not sure if you're aware of not but, incase you're still wondering how to play around Merc DCDs in a duel, here's how:

1. With Reflect, stun them or aoe. If you're a stealth class, just disappear for a few seconds if you're able. Wait it out and resume dps.

2. Energy Shield + Trauma Regulators, So long as the number of stacks you give is 5 or less the amount of healing received is really not as much as you think it is. The same rules apply for Energy Shield as with Reflect. Stun or aoe as only direct damage gives trauma stacks. Or if you're a stealth, disappear and wait it out.

3 Not sure how much more of a nerf you need to feel comfortable about Kolto Surge. The original Kolto Overload capped out at 35% healing and it's at 60% now. If they nerf it again it kinda negates the point of the utility. Kolto Surge was already nerfed 10% and the heals slightly lowered. The is the only dcd that can't really be played around so it's the only 2nd wind a merc really has, if you apply the tactics from points 1 & 2 you really shouldn't have much trouble dueling a merc.

Unless you're facing one of the top merc players on the server this strat works well. You also have to consider that some players are players of all classes and specs and have some idea or know when to use their dcds against other classes and specs. So requesting a nerf just b/c someone really good with their class and good with their dcd usage is stupid.

Idk what server you're on or which class you main but, if you're on Star Forge and want some practice dueling a merc I can duel with you. (IO Merc is my main btw) I love dueling so I could give you some practice.
This is all nice and all but you are missing one thing: there are no duels in ranked pvp or regs. Sure, you can play around merc's DCDs in a duel. A recent dueling tournament was won by a sorc with only one merc in top4, I agree that if you are good you can deal with a merc.

In a group fight though, unless your whole team or most of the team is in voice comms, there is no way you can perfectly play around merc's DCDs. Someone will hit into reflect. Reflect isn't even that big of a problem by itself - it's how many things alltogether merc has. You can fully focus a merc and even if he is bad it will take over half a minute to just blow through his DCDs (yes, even when you play around them). The only class who can do similar things right now is operative and sorcerer. BUT. Operative loses most of his damage when he rolls around, heals and vanishes. Sorc will be far away after phase walk, not doing anything while in barrier and so on.

Merc can still DPS WHILE having all of those DCDs up. It is not ok. And don't get me started on Electro net: a skill that isn't a stun but requires a breaker even more so than a stun? Perfectly fine, right?

The point of all of this rambling is: mercs have way too many things they can do. Want to keep all of their defenses? Sure but at least limit their defense the same way as other similar classes - do not let them DPS while defensives work themselves. It is not ok to press a few buttons and not die for such a long time while still doing your full rotation.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

Bonzenaattori
10.30.2018 , 08:55 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
This is all nice and all but you are missing one thing: there are no duels in ranked pvp or regs. Sure, you can play around merc's DCDs in a duel. A recent dueling tournament was won by a sorc with only one merc in top4, I agree that if you are good you can deal with a merc.

In a group fight though, unless your whole team or most of the team is in voice comms, there is no way you can perfectly play around merc's DCDs. Someone will hit into reflect. Reflect isn't even that big of a problem by itself - it's how many things alltogether merc has. You can fully focus a merc and even if he is bad it will take over half a minute to just blow through his DCDs (yes, even when you play around them). The only class who can do similar things right now is operative and sorcerer. BUT. Operative loses most of his damage when he rolls around, heals and vanishes. Sorc will be far away after phase walk, not doing anything while in barrier and so on.

Merc can still DPS WHILE having all of those DCDs up. It is not ok. And don't get me started on Electro net: a skill that isn't a stun but requires a breaker even more so than a stun? Perfectly fine, right?

The point of all of this rambling is: mercs have way too many things they can do. Want to keep all of their defenses? Sure but at least limit their defense the same way as other similar classes - do not let them DPS while defensives work themselves. It is not ok to press a few buttons and not die for such a long time while still doing your full rotation.
Ever tried changing targets when they use cooldowns? Not being rude or anything but... ...have you ever tried that?
Yeah cooldowns are annoying we get it. But the problem is not Merc/Mando dcds. It's the difference of value dcds between you and them... ...most likely
If you force their cooldowns out, that should considered a victory for you. Suffice to say. That's just the way you have to value them. Becuase they're expressing in one way or another "Im dead if I don't use this."
That's why most pvp is usually objective based, and not lazily designed around DUHH KILLING IS THE OBJECTIVE!

Electro net? Well, I knew the devs are a bit on the silly side when they decided to introduce a new mechanic exclusively for one class. not much anybody can do about that
It blows my mind to this day that no other class has received a mainstay hinder mechanic, but that's the way it goes when the majority of the studio representatives openly disclose they love mercenary class. XD

Equeliber
11.01.2018 , 04:55 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Bonzenaattori View Post
Ever tried changing targets when they use cooldowns?
Well, that's the problem. Literally all other classes are stuck with limited capabilities when they force you to change the target to someone else.

Example: Sorc's barrier. Will you change targets? Yes. Will sorc keep killing you? No.

Another example: Stealth out (sin, op and even mara). It's a hard reset with a full heal. But the player will be somewhere in the corner of the map not doing anything.

Every other DCD can be just blown through. You won't switch target if Mara pops Cloak of Pain or sniper pops his shield. Every class has at least some kind of DCD, you just deal with it. Jugg's Enraged Defense is probably the closest to current merc's DCDs. If you can, you should kite the jugg around and stop hitting him until stacks go out. But vs a jugg it is easy to do so. Why? Just because he is melee, it's so much easier to keep him away from you. Merc will just keep shooting...

You are pulling the "LOL just don't hit them" card but we have talked about this many times already. And it is not OK.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

meddani
11.06.2018 , 02:46 PM | #16
i have a better idea...nuke this garbage class into space.
friggin' tired being netted constantly, make it like the grenades or bloodthirst by having a debuff...oh and this class clearly needs more DCD's.

detora
11.12.2018 , 04:57 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by meddani View Post
i have a better idea...nuke this garbage class into space.
friggin' tired being netted constantly, make it like the grenades or bloodthirst by having a debuff...oh and this class clearly needs more DCD's.
I'd settle for Hinder respecting resolve. IOW, if you're white-barred you can still use phase walk, roll, combat stealth, etc...
Knives / Notaro (Operative)
Star Forge