Do Regs still hack?

FAFuse

Actually thats probolly not hacks but just someone doing real good. Check out the leaderboard for SWTOR GS here.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=703085

Also, since ive started playing on live I haven't noticed any exploits except for the lagging.

Regs hacking is more of a joke on this server, this isn't a accusation thread.

And really Fuse those numbers are not that big at all for a gunship, I've done that on a flashfire, so you might want to upgrade those hacks of yours.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Yeah, that other thread is humbling, but I have yet to play a game where anyone else had more than 13 kills. I also still haven't seen anyone hit 50k dmg yet. Maybe it's just me? Most of the games I have only a couple people will have between 5-8 kills a piece.

I see it's far from that leaderboard, but does that mean our server just sucks at PvP, even in starfighter? I know I see jung ma on there, but mainly just jax, and look at the top 4 in kills, it's 29, 13, 11, and then drops to 3.

Edited by FAFuse

Yeah, that other thread is humbling, but I have yet to play a game where anyone else had more than 13 kills. I also still haven't seen anyone hit 50k dmg yet. Maybe it's just me? Most of the games I have only a couple people will have between 5-8 kills a piece.

I see it's far from that leaderboard, but does that mean our server just sucks at PvP, even in starfighter? I know I see jung ma on there, but mainly just jax, and look at the top 4 in kills, it's 29, 13, 11, and then drops to 3.

Other servers are larger which means more pops and more pops means that its more likely one of those "lucky" matches occur where the stars align and big numbers happen.

Also Jaxin is just good at number chasing.

I have made this post before, mostly on the Leader-board thread, but I will repeat some of the statements I made there.

First of all, the reason why were were trying to prolong the match and not go for objectives was we were trying to let the Imps three cap us till they got 500 points, then we would 3 cap them back and try to win. We did this 13 times and out of the 13 times we only lost 1 of them and that game was extremely close and we lost it because a couple of our guys died giving them the last points they needed.

Now I know that this may seem like a dumb thing to do, but the reason we were doing it was because we had done at-least 50 matches without losing, just about every single one being 1000 to 7 or 1000 to 20. We were starting to get very bored because it wasn't challenging at all. Now I do agree that it may have not of been the best idea, but we decided to try this method, and the truth is that for most matches it worked, and it created fun and challenging games.

Now I know that we could have gone imperial to make it harder, but we didn't want to for several reasons, first being that we wanted to finish upgrading out republic ships since we are still very far from fully upgrading them, and second we ( or at least me) don't like the imperial ship style.

I would also like to point out that this screenshot is extremely out of context, first take note that I didn't say at one point that we were grinding stats, in fact the only person who did was tomeoteeje, and even still he wasn't chasing numbers for the leaderboard (as I will explain). What you don't see in the picture is what is going on in mumble, and also what happened before the match. Tomeoteeje in fact did not even know the leaderboard existed, however in the previous match he had made a 26 kill streak, I had told him that he had tied my personal record, so yes he was stats padding, but not for the leader board, and that wasn't the purpose of not going after objectives.

I would also like to point out several other comments that were made in the screenshot, some of the comments also look like we are jerks and are making fun of Crinnet, this is not the case, if you were to see time stamps you would notice that the last three comments were made at the very end of game, while the rest of the comments were made at the beginning of the game.

Lastly, It would be nice if someone who was in one of those other 13 games could confirm that in that match we would say to let them three cap us to 300 then we would three cap them, honestly I don't know why its not in this match, but in just about every other match we specified that we would only not go after objectives until they reached 500 points.

Keep in mind that right now my Win lose ratio is 138 wins and 6 loses for a total of 144 matches, that a 95% win ratio, if all we did was ignore objectives and just go after kills you can be sure that I would have a much worse win ratio.

Edited by themaem

Look Jaxin, your intent may have been honorable but the way you expressed that intent was not, and came out in a manner that is highly frowned upon. I did not mean to create a giant fuss over it, merely a admonishment to deter further behavior like this.

Also you might want to keep Tom in check some because there are only a few ways to interpret "need to number pad" and none of them reflect well on him or you.

I just want to back up the others here that said it's OK to prolong a match if you're winning by a huge margin anyway. Whether you're chasing numbers or not. It's more fun, gets you more requisition, etc. The worst case scenario is your team loses, which in the grand scheme of things is probably a tragedy you can live through. Especially if your faction almost always wins.

I can see how this might be annoying if you are super pressed for time, like you're struggling to get your dailies done before work or something, but seriously, another minute of flying spaceships is probably not gonna kill ya.

Basically my strategy in each match is to focus on objectives until it's obvious we have it in the bag, then just dogfight it out until the end because it's way more fun and rewarding than circling a satellite. I've seen this backfire ONCE in the last week's worth of games, and in the end I still had fun.

I'm not one of the champions who tops the leaderboard every time, but I'm always happy to fly with those guys, and I'm proud to play Republic because our pilots are best :) Anybody that can routinely get 10+ kills in a match has earned the right to goof off if you ask me.

I just want to back up the others here that said it's OK to prolong a match if you're winning by a huge margin anyway. Whether you're chasing numbers or not. It's more fun, gets you more requisition, etc. The worst case scenario is your team loses, which in the grand scheme of things is probably a tragedy you can live through. Especially if your faction almost always wins.

I'm not one of the champions who tops the leaderboard every time, but I'm always happy to fly with those guys, and I'm proud to play Republic because our pilots are best :) Anybody that can routinely get 10+ kills in a match has earned the right to goof off if you ask me.

The issue isn't kill chasing the issue is they go out and set-up a match so that it runs extremely long - and then kill farm. They then submit these things as genuine records even tho they are from set-ups. The majority of records threads will actually remove your records if you caught doing it. However the GSF leaderboard's manager says he won't pass judgments but rather let the community do it.

Its just considered bad form and bad sportsmanship and generally reflects badly on you in most communities.

Keep in mind almost all of the records I posted on the leaderboards were not extremely long matches. Also for DPS, the longer the match is the harder it will be to keep a high DPS. The match that I got 171 DPS and 105k damage was a win with 1000 points republic side and 560 points empire side, you can also see how long the match was with by dividing my total damage by DPS to give you the number of seconds, then convert to minutes. That will tell you how long the match is, and as you will see it was slightly less than 10 minutes, that's hardly a long match when matches can go up to 15 minutes.

Now when you compare it to for example, http://i.imgur.com/mNFvgsE.png , in bossofallbosses game he had 140 DPS and 106k Damage, that means that he had a considerably longer match then me. So in reality I am not the one who has the inflated scores, at least not until someone posts a higher DPS than me, or does more damage than me in a shorter time.

For reference here is my Highest Damage and DPS Game

http://i.imgur.com/uc2P3uy.jpg

Edited by themaem