Pylons forever bugged..?

Hello everyone,

Before the last patch to the Hardmode/Nightmare pylon exploit, normal mode pylons functioned as they should. Now, our guild has been forced to reset a 2nd time in a row on two different ways of completion because the South Pylon doesn't spin when it reaches the fourth tier. Has anyone else encountered this? Or has anyone else completed the pylons this week and could provide what they did to complete it? We're clearly doing something RIGHT for it to bug because if we were doing it wrong I'm sure it would work.

Oh bioware...

Hello everyone,

Before the last patch to the Hardmode/Nightmare pylon exploit, normal mode pylons functioned as they should. Now, our guild has been forced to reset a 2nd time in a row on two different ways of completion because the South Pylon doesn't spin when it reaches the fourth tier. Has anyone else encountered this? Or has anyone else completed the pylons this week and could provide what they did to complete it? We're clearly doing something RIGHT for it to bug because if we were doing it wrong I'm sure it would work.

Oh bioware...

We completed it on normal last week, I don't see the issue I don't think the game has been patched since then.

Im currently looking for more evidence on this but what i think it is that when there is a certain symbol on either 4th tier pylons it will become stuck. The symbol in question is the brown cross like symbol.

if you could watch out for this and pm what you find out.

Ok, as of right now there is a way to get around the bug. First, ALWAYS HIT THE LEFT BUTTON. if you hit the right button it will bug. Second, THE SOUTH PYLON NEEDS TO FINISH BEFORE THE NORTH. We just did it and had to wait for the south to finish each ring first then we could do the north. Edited by THROWDOWN

We had it glitch on HM once ... then again, we tried the "kill everything south, then kill everything north" method.

We then completed it successfully the next try by doing 2 things.

1) Splitting the groups up correctly

2) Completing the tiers in this order: T1: North, T2: South: T3: South, T4: North

Basically we had the north group solve T1 first ... then South solved T1 then went on to solve T2 ... north solved T2 then waited for south to Solve T3. North then Solved T3 and Solved T4 ... south then solved T4 and we finished.

Pain in the ***, but it worked ... on hard mode.

My question si how do we reset the pylons because no matter what we are trying the pylons wont reset. they stay locked :( and we cant try them again.

We've never had issues with everyone exiting area and resetting the phase. You do have to clear trash again, no big deal though.

We've never had issues with everyone exiting area and resetting the phase. You do have to clear trash again, no big deal though.

Exactly brother, we are fine with trying the boss again & clearing trash etc but the instance is not resetting and we are stuck after killing 2 bosses. No matter what we try they wont reset :(

Edited by Yummymango

Exactly brother, we are fine with trying the boss again & clearing trash etc but the instance is not resetting and we are stuck after killing 2 bosses. No matter what we try they wont reset :(

Wow, sorry to hear that. Every week we do EV we run into new bugs. Just this week we had platforms not spawning correctly on Gharj, the tank getting tossed up on Soa, but getting stuck in the ground, and the real big one was switching it to hard mode after doing the normal clear and everyone zoning into the cleared normal mode instance instead. It's just a different bug every lockout and it's so frustrating.

The direction you go does not affect the bug. We go in the most optimal route each time. We do always solve south first now and have not had it bug in the last 4 times we've done pylons. I still think it's just RNG though.

The 4th wheel doesnt matter what side finishes first.

The direction you go does not affect the bug. We go in the most optimal route each time. We do always solve south first now and have not had it bug in the last 4 times we've done pylons. I still think it's just RNG though.

The 4th wheel doesnt matter what side finishes first.

Could be RNG but like your guild, mine always solves South first after figuring out which way we need to click each level. Haven't glitched the last two weeks.