Forcing PvP or PvE for mats - subbed players quit

luckylogan

>>In PvP, we want to continue to foster more high quality matches in Ranked, especially Group Ranked. So far this year we’ve boosted rewards to that end, but haven’t seen as much movement there as we would like. So, in addition to boosting conquest rewards for Ranked (as indicated in David’s post), we are introducing an additional exclusive reward which is required to build the new augments.

This is a dumb reason, did the devs think that maybe ppl don't like ranked PvP? Last time they forced our guildies to do ranked PvP for mats, half of them quit the game.

Since BW want to get people to PvP more, and more people to PvP, surely it would makes sense to reach out to two groups - first the player base and ask them what would incentivize them to go for PvP, and second email to lapsed subs asking them to take a few minutes in return for appropriate compensation to ask what would incentivize them to resub and PvP.

I mean, it is like buying a Christmas present for your nearest and dearest... you can either give them what you want to give them and be unsurprised when they are not too thrilled at being given a gift card to reduce the price of that skimpy Victoria's Secret underwear* you have been begging them to buy. Or you can actually spend some time interacting with them, and trying to figure out what they actually want...

* If your nearest and dearest is a guy, and you want to see them in something from Victoria's Secret, I am not going to judge or condemn your choices. But please do not send me the pictures.

It's worth pointing out that there's nothing in that quote that says they want to encourage more "people" to PvP - they want more "high quality" matches, but they could be the same old people. 🙂

And it's really not anything for PvE'ers to worry about. There's been no changes to any PvE (or PvP) content that "requires" the new augments. Many people do PvE content without any augments or with relatively low level (228) ones, just fine.

Edited by JediQuaker

It's worth pointing out that there's nothing in that quote that says they want to encourage more "people" to PvP - they want more "high quality" matches, but they could be the same old people. 🙂

And it's really not anything for PvE'ers to worry about. There's been no changes to any PvE (or PvP) content that "requires" the new augments. Many people do PvE content without any augments or with relatively low level (228) ones, just fine.

No, but the issue is that the top tier pvp players will have them, so others will have to get them to keep up, not to mention the toxic ranked players that will then go to unranked, and cause havoc there. Plus there is a chance that they'll become a must have for Nim's, or even MM's , and if you don't have them, you might not get in. Admittedly, these are just possible scenarios , but they are genuine concerns for some people. Personally I don't think it's will ever effect me, as I haven't pvp'd in a while, due to a growing lists of things wrong with it. And I haven't done ops in a while. Never managed NiM, unfortunately they are somethings I can't do.

Edited by DarkTergon

I think everyone just needs to chill out. These new augments are just to tie everyone over till 7.0 launches next year. When it comes out, probably with a level cap increase, there will be a whole new set of gear and augments that will be more powerful than these new ones and probably a lot easier to obtain.

This happened before with so it's not unexpected. If you want to work your *** off for this temporary stat increase, then go for it. If you don't, don't fret, you'll soon have even more powerful stuff next year.

I think everyone just needs to chill out. These new augments are just to tie everyone over till 7.0 launches next year. When it comes out, probably with a level cap increase, there will be a whole new set of gear and augments that will be more powerful than these new ones and probably a lot easier to obtain.

This happened before with so it's not unexpected. If you want to work your *** off for this temporary stat increase, then go for it. If you don't, don't fret, you'll soon have even more powerful stuff next year.

you're assuming there will be a 7.0 next year, and not later, as everything has been pushed back. Also, they might not increase the levels, or the stats. Even so, it could be 6 months, 8 months down the road, who knows, that could be a lot of time under powered in PvP. (just saying ;) )

if these augments prove to be a problem in pvp (lol) then bioware will do something to even the playing field but they could also do the following locking these new augs to be useable only in ranked and nim raids.

That would probably work for most people, as it would mean they don't get dragged in to unranked, or cause issues in MM's, but I'm not sure BW can do that with augs, or how much of a hassle it would be.

But they did say that struggling guilds could get the boost they need to get over the progression hump. They also wanted a gearing incentive.

I dont think that is the effect they will see though.

Since BW want to get people to PvP more, and more people to PvP, surely it would makes sense to reach out to two groups - first the player base and ask them what would incentivize them to go for PvP, and second email to lapsed subs asking them to take a few minutes in return for appropriate compensation to ask what would incentivize them to resub and PvP.

I mean, it is like buying a Christmas present for your nearest and dearest... you can either give them what you want to give them and be unsurprised when they are not too thrilled at being given a gift card to reduce the price of that skimpy Victoria's Secret underwear* you have been begging them to buy. Or you can actually spend some time interacting with them, and trying to figure out what they actually want...

* If your nearest and dearest is a guy, and you want to see them in something from Victoria's Secret, I am not going to judge or condemn your choices. But please do not send me the pictures.

If they want people to do PVP more they have to kill solo ranked. It has to be difficult for the players who are so obnoxious they can't find 3 other people to group with them willingly to engage in it.

I don't play pvp because I don't want to interact with real people. Daily GF is my limit.

Nothing Bioware does can change that, but as someone who like to max up my toons, I hate the idea that I can't get the new augment because I can only get the components through doing something I loath. Guess I'll just forgot about augment all together.

Nothing Bioware does can change that, but as someone who like to max up my toons, I hate the idea that I can't get the new augment because I can only get the components through doing something I loath. Guess I'll just forgot about augment all together.

So, you're saying you loath buying stuff from the GTN? 🤔

So, you're saying you loath buying stuff from the GTN? 🤔

At the prices these new augments will cost, they'll be out of reach for the average player. Some of us will be able to afford them or the mats, but most won't. The prices will be far to high.