Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More armor with options to show/hide cloaks and buttskirts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Cartel Market Suggestions
More armor with options to show/hide cloaks and buttskirts

SteveTheCynic
07.31.2019 , 11:43 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MdKnightR View Post
Agreed! It would be nice if a hooded robe came with an additonal robe with the hood hanging on the shoulders. That way, you could sell the version you didn't care for on the GTN.
For a CM set, no, you couldn't. The recent Resort Swimwear set is the "reference" set that inspired the original request, I'd say, and it has *two* chest pieces, one with a butt cape, one without. To unlock it in collections (even in "Unlocked for character" mode), you have to bind all eight pieces of the set, including both chest pieces, meaning that the spare chest piece that you ended up not wanting is not available for resale.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

MdKnightR
07.31.2019 , 12:44 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
For a CM set, no, you couldn't. The recent Resort Swimwear set is the "reference" set that inspired the original request, I'd say, and it has *two* chest pieces, one with a butt cape, one without. To unlock it in collections (even in "Unlocked for character" mode), you have to bind all eight pieces of the set, including both chest pieces, meaning that the spare chest piece that you ended up not wanting is not available for resale.
I don't really understand the whole "collections" thing entirely. If I buy something from the Cartel Market that has one or more pieces I'll never use, I resell them.

Goreshaga
07.31.2019 , 06:04 PM | #13
Agreed! It would be nice if a hooded robe came with an additonal robe with the hood hanging on the shoulders. That way, you could sell the version you didn't care for on the GTN.
I'd actually rather have a version with no hood at all, because anything that hangs on the back clips with some hairstyles or weapons which is pretty annoying.

I don't really understand the whole "collections" thing entirely. If I buy something from the Cartel Market that has one or more pieces I'll never use, I resell them.
The problem with doing so is that if at some point you want to reuse a part of an armor, you'll have to buy it again. But if you unlock it in your collection, you can then claim it for free on the character who used the set, and if you unlock the set for the whole account, you can then claim the entire set on any character to be able to use any part of the set you want to use.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

MdKnightR
08.01.2019 , 08:20 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
The problem with doing so is that if at some point you want to reuse a part of an armor, you'll have to buy it again. But if you unlock it in your collection, you can then claim it for free on the character who used the set, and if you unlock the set for the whole account, you can then claim the entire set on any character to be able to use any part of the set you want to use.
Yeah, I did some investigating last night and discovered that I've wasted some Cartel Coins. I've been away from the game for about 5 years and back now for about 2 months. I created a new character and repurchased some lightsaber crystals that I had on other characters. Live and learn, I suppose.

jambalayabungee
08.07.2019 , 01:49 PM | #15
I like how the swimwear set was done : You have the choice of 2 chest piece if the same armor pack, with and without the back panel "buttskirt" lol
More armors like that would be nice ! AND YES, a TOGGLE HOOD , or a version with and without !!! I like my hair ! And Cloaks are ... yeah. Not always great lol. Id be all over for a Toggle Cloak as well

Xina_LA
08.09.2019 , 09:47 AM | #16
I'd love to see an option to hide hoods, cloaks, and even "buttskirts".

If that's not possible, at least we can hope they release versions of existing outfits missing those pieces.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--