How come I cant craft stuff myself?

Clisely

Whenever I need to craft something I need my companions to do it for me. How come I can’t personally on my ship walk up to a workstation and craft stuff myself? What if I sent 2 out and make the rest craft and I also want to make something? Will they add it in the games later?

While I can understand this at the lower levels, when you're at the higher levels of a crafting profession (I'm at 394 biochem myself) and you want to create some of the blue/purple level items, it sometimes takes time. A lot of time. A ridiculously large amount of time if you were to stand there and wait for it to finish. Making another purple implant to sell? It'll be done in 40 mins. The reusable medpack you finally RE'd to? 20+ mins. Personally, I think given the time values at higher ranks, they did this right. Same for the gathering missions. I would be pissed if I spent 2 hours of my time on a diplomacy quest, and only got 2 small blue crafting materials, some dark/light side points, and the possibility of getting nothing. It's one thing to want to craft an item that takes you 1-2 mins each to craft. Once you have a few companions and you're up to 30+ min missions/crafting, you'll be happy it is the way it is.

Whenever I need to craft something I need my companions to do it for me. How come I can’t personally on my ship walk up to a workstation and craft stuff myself?
Because.

What if I sent 2 out and make the rest craft and I also want to make something?
Then you sit there waiting for one of your companions to come back from their mission or to finish crafting items for you.

Will they add it in the games later?
No. Edited by Sun-Runner