36/3/7 Sharpshooter Guide [UPDATED]

SamuelAU

Updated for Patch 2.6

36/3/7 Sharpshooter

Last updated 31st May 2014 [2.6.2]

Since the XS Freighter Flyby nerf, it's clear that many players are displeased with the damage output across all gunslinger trees. Dirty Fighting appears to have the highest single-target DPS potential, but Sharpshooter easily comes out on top when a fight requires constant target switching or short burst phases (not to mention its excellent defensive utility).

LINK TO SKILL TREE

The reason 1 point must be placed into Cool Under Pressure is for relics. The Focused Retribution and Serendipitous Assault relics can proc separately from damage and healing, and being passively healed in cover allows these relics to double proc, resulting in greatly increased DPS.

Not all relics double proc, and for a gunslinger BiS relics are:

Focused Retribution: Dread Forged (double procs) > Obroan (double procs) > Kell Dragon > Underworld > Arkanian

Serendipitous Assault: Kell Dragon (double procs) > Underworld (double procs) > Dread Forged > Obroan > Arkanian

Some Abbreviations and Sniper Terminologies

• TS: Trickshot = Followthrough [FT]
  • SS: Speed Shot = Series of Shots [soS]
  • XS: XS Freighter Flyby = Orbital Strike [OS]
  • CB: Charged Burst = Snipe [sP]
  • AS: Aimed Shot = Ambush [AB]
  • VS: Vital Shot = Corrosive Dart [CD]
  • FS: Flourish Shot = Shatter Shot [sS]
  • QD: Quickdraw = Takedown [TD]
  • BV: Burst Volley = Sniper Volley [sV]
  • SC: Sabotage Charge = Explosive Probe [EP]

Quick Gearing Rundown

• 100% ranged accuracy and 72% surge (approximately) are ideal BiS. Focus on accuracy before surge.
  • Avoid critical rating, ideally less than 200. Take power everywhere in mods and enhancements.
  • Augment cunning with Advanced Skill Augment 28.

Set Bonus

Since the PvP set bonus change in 2.6, the PvE set bonus is easily the best.

• PvE (2): Reduces the cooldown of Target Acquired or Illegal Mods by 15 seconds, and activating either ability restores 15 energy.
  • PvP (2):Reduces the energy cost of Takedown or Quickdraw by 7.

Rotation

The basic rotation for Shrapshooter is very simple, with a cycle that repeats over the whole fight.

CB -> CB -> TS -> AS -> TS -> SS -> TS

SP -> SP -> FT -> AM -> FT -> SoS -> FT

In order for cooldowns to synchronise, there is 1 GCD of filler available for every cycle, which is where you use Vital Shot. Vital Shot has an 18s duration for a rotation which is, at a high APM, ~14 seconds long. If it's difficult to get perfect uptime on Vital Shot it's not that detrimental to clip by 1 or 2 GCDs.

Burst Volley [sniper Volley] is a key ability and should be used on cooldown after every 3rd Speed Shots [soS]. It offers you an incredible amount of burst and as such you should always open with back-to-back Speed Shots [soS]. You can also delay BV [sV] if you know there is a burst phase coming soon. Your ideal opener now looks like:

VS -> SS -> TS (BV) -> SS -> TS -> CB -> CB -> TS -> AS -> TS

CD -> SoS -> FT (SV) -> SoS -> FT -> SP -> SP -> FT -> AM -> FT

Your rotation then continues on as normal. PLEASE NOTE that SS [soS] is always a higher priority than either AS [AM] or CB [sP]. ALWAYS open with SS [soS]. If possible, precasting either XS [OS] or AS [AM] will greatly strengthen your opener.

When your target is in the execution phase (<30%), nothing too difficult happens. You just use Quickdraw [Takedown] on cooldown nstead of Trickshot [Followthrough]. This is mainly due to QD [TD] have a higher base damage and a higher crit chance than TS [FT].

Even though XS Freighter Flyby's damage has been greatly reduced, it's still worth using mainly due to it only taking 1 GCD to cast. Its positioning is highly dependent on your APM, with 2 GCDs of filler opening up when your APM is high. Claimed does an excellent job explaining how best to use these filler GCDs, which is dependent on cooldowns and/or energy.

Not using flyby results in your rotation having about 2~3 seconds of downtime before your burst volley is ready. This, however, does assume that your APM is extremely high (41.08 for that parse). Now, given this fact, you're guaranteed to have two GCDs of filler every 45seconds where your options are: flyby, sabotage charge, or flurry of bolts and, when sub-30%, trickshot.

Now, that means that you're free to use 2 GCDs where ever and whenever you please in the rotation because it'll line up later with BV. If your APM is NOT above 40, then you'll get about 1 GCD and if it isn't higher than 38 then your BV will line up without filler.

The highest priority are as follows:

Flyby, (20~21 DPS)

Sabotage charge, (17~18 DPS)

Trickshot (16~17 DPS)

Flurry of bolts (8~9 DPS)

One of these GCDs can be used to refresh Flourish Shot [shatter Shot] every 45s, but only if there isn't already an armor debuff present.

Survivability

Pure DPS output aside, the Sharpshooter tree has so many defensive buffs which boost your survivability significantly. In my opinion this is an undervalued but nonetheless important aspect of being a good DPS. This tier of content has so much raid-wide damage that if you can mitigate any of it then it's a bonus.

• Ballistic Dampers: Incredibly useful ability, mitigating any damage type every time you enter cover.
  • Cover Screen: Only good for certain types of damage, more of a PvP talent.
  • Diversion: Not as good as Pacify, but reducing the accuracy of certain adds is extremely useful and can be utilized to gimp certain mechanics (i.e. Dismantler Knockback can be completely avoided on Draxus).
  • Hunker Down [Entrench] + 'Holed Up' Talent: A 60% AoE damage reduction is incredible, especially considering you can pre-emptively Hunker Down anytime and continue to DPS.

These excellent talents complement the already known usefulness of Defense Screen [shield Probe], Evasion [Dodge] and Hightail It [Covered Escape].

A Little Bit on Priority and Movement

So few bosses in this game are a straight "tank and spank", so no doubt at some point you're going to have to move. A good example is Brontes from Dread Fortress. There are many different phases with a lot of target switching, so knowing how to maintain DPS uptime changing targets is key to your DPS. Because sharpshooter's buffs are attached to you, if they run out due to DPS downtime you can't pick up where you left off. In situations like these, here's a priority list so you know where you pick up your rotation.

SS > QD > TS (if buff hasn't fallen off) > VS (if it's fallen off) > AS (if buff hasn't fallen off) > CB

SS > TD > FT (if buff hasn't fallen off) > CD (if it's fallen off) > AM (if buff hasn't fallen off) > SP

If you look at a damage distribution pie chart for sharpshooter, TS [FT] easily comes out on top (~25%) followed closely by SS [soS]. These abilities are so high on the priority list because combined they make up close to 50% of your total damage output, therefore using them every time they're available is beneficial.

Speed Shots [series of Shots] and Quickdraw [Takedown] are your two highest priority abilities since they have a much higher damage per activation than any other abilities in your rotation, provide much more burst and also proc Trickshot [Followthrough] which allows you to continue on with your rotation.

As well as the reasons above, all 3 of these abilities benefit from crit and surge buffs in the skill tree.

• SS [soS]: +19% crit chance, +30% crit multiplier.
  • TS [FT]: +4% crit chance, +30% crit multiplier.
  • QD [TD]: +19% crit chance, +30% crit multipler.

Edited by SamuelAU

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT 12/13/13: With addition of sub 30% training dummy people are able to test the damage contributed by Quickdraw. A rotation that substitutes Trickshot and Followthrough for Quickdraw and Takedown yields the highest DPS.

Snipe Snipe - FT/TD - Ambush - FT/TD - SoS - FT/TD for Snipers

Charged Burst Charged Burst - TS/QD - Aimed Shot - TS/QD - SS - TS/QD for Gunslingers.

Update your rotations accordingly! Reference here

WATCH THE TRAINING DUMMY

• Single target rotation
  • Orbital and Flyby rotations
  • Keeping Corrosive Dart and VItal Shot up
  • EDIT: For better energy management, try delaying your OS/FB so you can cast it within SV/BV's energy regen buff.

CORROSIVE DART SPEC: 36/3/7

Here is a picture comparison between 36/3/7 Corrosive Dart and Orbital versus 36/8/3 Vital Shot and Flyby. Note that his Vital Shot had a higher crit chance than my Corrosive Dart (which was also under performing at 21%, 3 - 4% less than than my normal tech crit chance). As you can see Corrosive Dart and Vital Shot alone can add up to ~200 DPS just by using it twice every 45 seconds (explained in the video), at the cost of around 30-40 DPS lost from Orbital Strike and XS Freighter Flyby. 33/3/7 looks to be around 160 single target DPS gain over the 33/8/3 spec and its variants.

36/3/7 vs 36/8/3

Corrosive Dart vs Vital Shot - 260 vs 65 DPS

Orbital vs Flyby - 351 vs 386 DPS

Here are some raid logs from NiM Dread Guard Council last night. I found it was surprisingly easy to keep Vital Shot up during the movement phases.

ENERGY MANAGEMENT

Gunslinger terminologies

Numbers are estimates when I use Sweeping Gunfire and then cast Flyby when I reach the numbers below*

Aimed Shot (Charged Aim x 2)*

Minimum energy requirements for chained abilities:

Charged Burst > Charged Burst > Trickshot: 77

Aimed Shot > Trickshot: 77

Speed Shot > Trickshot: 78

Vital Shot: 78

Minimum energy requirements] for Flyby rotations without CH, IM and BV:

Flyby > Speed Shot: Not possible.

Flyby > Flurry of Bolts > Speed Shot: 90

Flyby > Charged Burst > Charged Burst > Trickshot: Not possible.

Flyby > Flurry of Bolts > Flurry of Bolts > Charged Burst > Charged Burst > Trickshot: 90

Flyby > Aimed Shot > Trickshot: 90

Flyby > Flurry of Bolts > Aimed Shot: 89 and below.

Seen in

I started Flyby at 87 energy which lead into into Flurry of Bolts into Aimed Shot.

Since I use my Burst Volley window to increase the uptime on my Vital Shot, the ideal Flyby rotation would be Flyby > Aimed Shot because it can bypass the need to use an auto-attack in between. Doing Flyby with Charged Burst or Speed Shot means I will have to use Flurry of Bolts and this results in a DPS loss. This is also why sometimes I save my Illegal Mods for Flyby so I can remove the need to auto-attack all together and this opens up the possibility for other Flyby rotations.

ENERGY MANAGEMENT

Sniper terminologies

Numbers are estimates when I use Suppressive Fire and then cast OS when I reach the numbers below*

Ambush (Zeroing Shots x 2)*

Minimum energy requirements for chained abilities:

Snipe > Snipe > Followthrough: 77

Ambush > Followthrough: 77

Series of Shots > Followthrough: 78

Corrosive Dart: 78

Minimum energy requirements] for Orbital rotations without AP, TA and SV:

Orbital > Series of Shots: Not possible.

Orbital > Rifle Shot > Series of Shots: 90

Orbital > Snipe > Snipe > Followthrough: Not possible.

Orbital > Rifle Shot > Rifle Shot > Snipe > Snipe > Followthrough: 90

Orbital > Ambuish > Followthrough: 90

Orbital > Rifle Shot > Ambush: 89 and below

Seen in

I started Orbital at 87 energy which lead into Rifle Shot into Ambush.

Since I use my Sniper Volley window to increase the uptime on my Corrosive Dart, the ideal Orbital rotation would be Orbital > Ambush because it can bypass the need to auto-attack in between. Doing Orbital with Snipe or Series of Shots means I will need to Rifle Shot and this will result in a DPS loss. This is also why sometimes I save Target Acquired for Orbital so I can remove the need to auto-attack all together and this opens up the possibility for other Orbital rotations.

Edited by paowee

Question about the skill tree, why take Diversion when it can't be used on Ops bosses? Although I suppose it could be useful for certain adds or something? Also in an Ops environment, why take Kneecappin'? Later on you state that if a Guardian or Commando is already providing an Armor Debuff you should refrain from using Flourish Shot in your rotation, is the Trauma debuff useful on certain bosses?

Personally I've been using 2 points in Heads Up instead of Kneecappin', mostly I find that the speed boost out of a roll during sandstorms in the Dash'roode encounter is nice to have but other than that I have no real argument for it, was just curious on the thought process for Kneecappin'. So just a couple curious questions I had, great guide though!

I'm trying to work on the minimum energy requirements for the rotations in this spec. Been getting questions about energy management especially DURING Orbital Strike / Flyby when AP / Cool Head is down. What I remember on the top off my head is that:

Minimum energy requirements:

Speed Shot Series of Shots: 77

Charged Burst Snipe: ?

Aimed Shot Ambush: ?

Flyby Orbital: ?

Corrosive Dart Vital Shot: ?

Minimum required energy for the more improtant chained abilities:

Flyby > Speed Shot: Can not be done. You have to change your rotation to Flyby > Auto-attack > Speed Shot to pull this off.

Flyby > Aimed Shot > Trickshot: ?

Flyby > Charged Burst > Charged Burst > Trickshot: ?

Edited by paowee

Question about the skill tree, why take Diversion when it can't be used on Ops bosses? Although I suppose it could be useful for certain adds or something? Also in an Ops environment, why take Kneecappin'? Later on you state that if a Guardian or Commando is already providing an Armor Debuff you should refrain from using Flourish Shot in your rotation, is the Trauma debuff useful on certain bosses?

Personally I've been using 2 points in Heads Up instead of Kneecappin', mostly I find that the speed boost out of a roll during sandstorms in the Dash'roode encounter is nice to have but other than that I have no real argument for it, was just curious on the thought process for Kneecappin'. So just a couple curious questions I had, great guide though!

I didn't mention that there are points which can be easily moved around in the skill tree, but you're not wrong. Just because Diversion can't be used on bosses it doesn't make it useless. There are a few situations (droids in TC, Regulators in NiM OP IX) where an accuracy reduction on an add can be pretty useful, acting as an extra cooldown for the tank.

Kneecappin' and Heads Up are totally interchangeable though. I use leg shot every now and then, but if you find the speed boost to be useful then take it.

I'm trying to work on the minimum energy requirements for the rotations in this spec. Been getting questions about energy management especially DURING Orbital Strike / Flyby when your AP / Cool Head is down. What I remember on the top off my head is that:

Minimum energy requirements:

Speed Shot Series of Shots: 77

Charged Burst Snipe: ?

Aimed Shot Ambush: ?

Flyby Orbital: ?

Corrosive Dart Vital Shot: ?

Minimum required energy for the more improtant chained abilities:

Flyby > Speed Shot: Can not be done. You have to change your rotation to Flyby > Auto-attack > Speed Shot to pull this off.

Flyby > Aimed Shot > Trickshot: ?

Flyby > Charged Burst > Charged Burst > Trickshot: ?

I think following up Flyby with Aimed Shot > Trickshot is a good idea. You should still be above 60 energy after aimed shot goes off, since you go up a bit during the cast, and then you'll gain energy during the GCD you use trickshot. I think something like Flyby -> Aimed Shot -> Trickshot -> Speed Shot -> BV -> Trickshot -> Vital Shot -> Speed Shot -> Trickshot will work, but worst case scenario is you need to auto-attack before vital shot.

Edited by SamuelAU

I ran my first 16-m HM with this 36/3/7 spec and it is... overpowered lol. It is very competitive against our two Marauders wearing 1 KD Bracer, 1 KD relic, 1 KD offhand, and 1 KD armoring,

Full 72s

• Titan-6 - #1 Engi...
  • Thrasher - #1 Engi..
  • Cartel Warlords - #3 I was hybrid and did not get a good start... should have played MM instead.
  • Dashroode - #3 can't remember, that fight sucks as MM
  • Ops Chief - died
  • Olok top floor and puzzle floor - #1
  • Olok boss phase - #2
  • Styrak - #1 KD Anni Mara at 15.68%
  • Styrak - #2 UW 36/3/7 Sniper at 15.43%

All I have to say is i'm stoked about this 36/3/7 spec!

Edited by paowee

I didn't mention that there are points which can be easily moved around in the skill tree, but you're not wrong. Just because Diversion can't be used on bosses it doesn't make it useless. There are a few situations (droids in TC, Regulators in NiM OP IX) where an accuracy reduction on an add can be pretty useful, acting as an extra cooldown for the tank.

Kneecappin' and Heads Up are totally interchangeable though. I use leg shot every now and then, but if you find the speed boost to be useful then take it.

Awesome, thanks for the insight, the Op IX adds hadn't even crossed my mind. Good to learn something new everyday.:)

Guide helped me out a lot to fine tune my SS/MM and cannot thank you enough : ) Keep em coming, and I'll keep the melee crying :D We had a bunch of new Gunslingers in the guild and I wasn't up to date on the readings for what was currently trending but this is very helpful and easy to read as well. Thanks for helping us all out. Edited by ZiggyTank

On the topic of 36/3/7 Board, I found that from 36/8/2 I had a dps increase [ coming from 36/8/2 to 36/3/7 ] from about 2950 averaged to 3050~3090 averaged but I don't know why I'm so energy starved. o_o

Hey, yep, that's exactly my previous spec( 36/8/2 ), about DPS increase... I can say it's like 100 DPS, comparing my best parses and it's really nice :) Corrosive Dart is powerful with double tick :D

Nithnuro - Sniper - Marksman 36/3/7 - 3060.3

http://www.torparse.com/a/322932/1/0/Overview

Claimed - Gunslinger - Sharpshooter - 36/3/7 - 3078 DPS

http://www.torparse.com/a/323993/time/1372995671/1372995990/0/Overview

Rhuarc - Gunslinger - Sharpshooter 36/3/7 - 3074.57

http://www.torparse.com/a/323824/time/1372941614/1372941921/0/Overview

Edited by paowee

ROTATION SPREADSHEET

- created by Roovin

What Is This?

This is an excel file that I've slowly been putting together that will break down your parses on the dummy and with that information you can better understand what you need to improve on in your rotation. It will also give you expected crit versus what you actually got on a parse to determine if your parse was "lucky" or not. Furthermore, it will compare your 36/3/7 MM parse against the current highest parse in that spec.

How Do I Use This?

1. Click on the link below and click "Download Original" in the upper right of the page. I created this in Office 2010 so I'm not sure if it will work in Office 2003 or Office 2013, also Google Docs does not give me the ability to format certain things correctly so that is why I didn't make it there.
  2. Open the .xlsx file and click "Enable Editing" if that shows up.
  3. Open up your parse and start inputting the information about your parse in cells C3-C11.
  4. Enter in your total parse length in seconds in cell D13.
  5. To find the total amount of times you cast Orbital Strike simply divide the hits of Orbital Strike by 4. This spreadsheet assumes that you are using the 2 piece PvP bonus.
  6. To find out the total amount of times you cast Corrosive Dart, go to the "log" section of your Torparse and search (CTRL-F) "Activates Corrosive".
  7. To find out the total amount of times you cast Series of Shots just divide the total amount of hits by 4. I am going to trust that you guys wont clip this one;), but if you do use the same process as CD.
  8. Enter in the total amount of Corrosive Dart (Poisoned (Tech)) hits in cell F12.
  9. Enter in your characters overall crit percentage in cell F3.
  10. Enter in your actual crit % from the parse in cell G9.
  11. Enter in the actual crit from all abilities in cells E26-E34.

File is at the bottom of the original post

Edited by paowee

Firstly, thanks for the guide... i enjoyed Sab for a while, but whilst it was a technically fun spec to play, i found in a Ops i couldn't keep focus on reapplying all the DoTs, keeping stacks of Blazing Speed and coordinating my Roll-in-Place.

Anyhow, back to SS for the stress free rotation and i'm liking it even more.

However, energy management has always been my issue and i've started to improve on that now with the discussion of how to best manage energy (those minimum energy limits really helped).

Although i'm still a bit puzzled as to why Flyby -> Aimed Shot is the preferred method?

I've personally found that Speed -> Trick -> BV -> Speed -> Flyby -> Trick to be a lot better for energy management? Or is there a reason why this isn't favourable?

Firstly, thanks for the guide... i enjoyed Sab for a while, but whilst it was a technically fun spec to play, i found in a Ops i couldn't keep focus on reapplying all the DoTs, keeping stacks of Blazing Speed and coordinating my Roll-in-Place.

Anyhow, back to SS for the stress free rotation and i'm liking it even more.

However, energy management has always been my issue and i've started to improve on that now with the discussion of how to best manage energy (those minimum energy limits really helped).

Although i'm still a bit puzzled as to why Flyby -> Aimed Shot is the preferred method?

I've personally found that Speed -> Trick -> BV -> Speed -> Flyby -> Trick to be a lot better for energy management? Or is there a reason why this isn't favourable?

The main focus of the BV rotation in that video is that it allows 2-3 VS to be added easily in between your Trickshots.

You could try your rotation rotation though to see if it allows 2-3 VS still, but i just find that with this opener shown in the video

, the timers never align for a SS > TS > BV > SS > Flyby. Probably because the opener begins with Flyby and you use BV afterwards. You could definitely try it though you will have to delay your Flyby while waiting for BV to come back up. Edited by paowee

The main focus of the BV rotation in that video is that it allows 2-3 VS to be added easily in between your Trickshots.

You could try your rotation rotation though to see if it allows 2-3 VS still, but i just find that with this opener shown in the video

, the timers never align for a SS > TS > BV > SS > Flyby. Probably because the opener begins with Flyby and you use BV afterwards. You could definitely try it though you will have to delay your Flyby while waiting for BV to come back up.

Yeah, i delay my Flyby by a few seconds so the order lines up BV -> Flyby.

I agree that for an opener Flyby -> Aimed Shot is the best choice, simply because you frontload the damage and effectively remove the cast time for both.

However during the main rotation phase, i found that getting the 90 Energy required for Flyby -> Aimed Shot meant I'd have to throw in a Flurry since i'm normally sat around the 80 Energy mark... the SS -> TS -> BV -> SS -> XS -> TS rotation meant i didn't need to conserve like that.

Maintenance of Vital Shot seems to be alright, but i'm not as experienced as you guys are with the ins and out of energy management so i may be missing out on more than i think.

I'll keep working on it though.

EDIT:

One thing i have noticed though... it's not exactly clear when i should pop Illegal Mods... if you do it on the first SS, so you hit 2 SSs in a row, you waste part of its duration on your Flyby... if you wait till after the Flyby, you're not taking advantage of having the 2 SSs in a row.

Edited by vdbswong

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand you want 0 crit rating. Is that right? Not even a little bit?

Further, what relics do you commend using as I currently don't think there's a proper dmg proc relic for us so I'm thinking a BA + SA combo?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand you want 0 crit rating. Is that right? Not even a little bit?

Further, what relics do you commend using as I currently don't think there's a proper dmg proc relic for us so I'm thinking a BA + SA combo?

I desist to this guy for optimal stat builds

Cunning 3360

Power 1423

Aim 155

Accuracy Rating 395

Surge Rating 316

Crit rating 0

Alacrity rating 79

max main-hand basic weapon dmg 830

max off-hand basic weapon dmg 813

but i myself am running 1 keen mod for a total of 52 crit rating, 99.71% acc and 71% surge. Using UW BA and UW SA as well.

Edited by paowee

I saw that post, but it looks like the gearing is the same across all builds for each tree. Is that right? What specs would you recommend for each fight in TfB and S&V to eek out the most dps?

For HM TfB I was thinking of going...

1) Hybrid

2) Hybrid

3) Sharpshooter

4) Hybrid

5) Sharpshooter

S&V I was thinking of

1) Saboteur

2) Sharpshooter

3) Sharpshooter (add duty) / Hybrid (if I get to stay on the boss)

4) Sharpshooter

5) Sharpshooter

6) Sharpshooter

7) Sharpshooter

Falver this is a very good 3100 parse as 36/3/7. Your log is 5m14 seconds whereas mine was 6minutes 30~ seconds but when i cropped mine to 5m14 seconds, you have 2 more Snipes, 1 more SoS and you only used Rifle Shot once. Good way to min-max :). I will probably parse again but will only post it once KD gear is out. You are pretty much all set as far as the rotation goes.

You had:

3 more Vital Shots

1 more Speed Shots

2 more Charged Bursts

14 less Flurry of Bolts (lol)

Edited by paowee

Edited the original post to include more parses; it's great to see players being able to pull out >3k DPS with 36/3/7.

Finally got another chance to go back into NiM TFB yesterday, and it's clear how much priorities and your rotation changes in actual fights. XS Freighter Flyby should be used exclusively on Twisted Spawn in TWH, especially with a commando and gunslinger providing the only AoE, which means your rotation changes slightly for the boss.

XS Freighter Flyby is a little bit iffy in Dread Guards, especially with all the movement in Phase 2 and 3, and in Phase 1 the incidental AoE damage to Ciphas and Kel'sara buffs their damage output. I feel confident about being able to put out better numbers once I become more comfortable with the mechanics and rotation changes required for each fight.

On the topic of Diversion which I touched on briefly the other day, I found myself religiously throwing it onto the Jealous Male in TWH. Running that fight with a shadow tank, anything you can do to lighten the healing requirement and reduce spike damage is worthwhile. When you use Diversion and Pacify (from a sentinel) one after the other you're basically throwing another cooldown the tank's way.

Final note, energy management is fine unless you get a bit too overzealous with your AoE; I quickly discovered XS Freighter Flyby, Thermal Grenade and Sweeping Gunfire in quick succession will empty the tank within 2 GCDs.

Does the rotation change priorities once the target hits 30%? Or just try to time Quickdraw to Reset Trick Shot asap?

When you're <30% QD takes #1 priority for proccing TS, above even SS. Reasons are outlined close to the end of the original post.

Edited by SamuelAU

I saw that post, but it looks like the gearing is the same across all builds for each tree. Is that right? What specs would you recommend for each fight in TfB and S&V to eek out the most dps?

For HM TfB I was thinking of going...

1) Hybrid

2) Hybrid

3) Sharpshooter

4) Hybrid

5) Sharpshooter

Maybe not the most DPS, but our Gunslinger respecs to Hybrid for Operator.

This is because we have him on Console duty during the Yellow phase and he DoTs up the last core at the very end of Purple phase and then starts channeling.

With 3 high duration DoTs, he's able to contribute a nice amount to the Core so it makes it easier for us to hit the timer.