Who do YOU think should rise to become the new Emperor?

MoskitoMando

As the title says, in the aftermath of 3.2/3.X when we inevitably defeat the Emperor, who do you want to ascend to the throne? Personally, I still consider the original Malgus battle where he fell into the reactor shaft canon (They probably changed the fight just to make it easier), and I'd love if Malgus took the throne, then the Empire might have a real chance of winning the war. I believe if he gained Marr's trust he'd support Malgus, especially since their ideals are so similar.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darth Marr's essentially taken on the role, though officially it wouldn't surprise me if the Sith Empire went without an Emperor for a time and the Dark Council becomes the governing body. It's basically what's going on right now.

Darth Marr's essentially taken on the role, though officially it wouldn't surprise me if the Sith Empire went without an Emperor for a time and the Dark Council becomes the governing body. It's basically what's going on right now.

Yeah, if Malgus didn't return I can definitely see a unified Dark Council as Bioware's choice. However, if there were DEFINITELY going to be a new Emperor, Marr stated on Makeb 'his place is on the battlefield', and from all we know about him he definitely doesn't want the throne.

Marr is dying, Vowrawn is "exiled," Jadus is... unpopular, and the rest are cannon fodder. I think that Oculus/Nox/Imperius is being groomed for the role because of force walking (perhaps even Vitiate) and the immortality potential on Rishi.

Marr is dying, Vowrawn is "exiled," Jadus is... unpopular, and the rest are cannon fodder. I think that Oculus/Nox/Imperius is being groomed for the role because of force walking (perhaps even Vitiate) and the immortality potential on Rishi.

you think the game would ever allow a class "only" to attain the highest position?! Who`d dare give u missions from there on.

Edited by iDraxter

Ideally this would be cool if Malgus couldn't, but why would a random Corporal be sending the EMPEROR on random quests? :p

Why should Malgus be Emperor when he's not the most powerful sith?

Because he (and Marr) are the SMARTEST sith. They're not obsessed with infighting and power grabs like most other sith, they know the real enemy, and they know they're screwed if the Sith keep on tearing each other apart. SOMEONE needs to restore order, and Marr's best efforts aren't working very well.

Ideally this would be cool if Malgus couldn't, but why would a random Corporal be sending the EMPEROR on random quests? :p

you think the game would ever allow a class "only" to attain the highest position?! Who`d dare give u missions from there on.

It would have to be at the end of TOR's lifespan.

...or have a very lead-from-the-front emperor :D

Edited by Dan_Loto

Because he (and Marr) are the SMARTEST sith. They're not obsessed with infighting and power grabs like most other sith, they know the real enemy, and they know they're screwed if the Sith keep on tearing each other apart. SOMEONE needs to restore order, and Marr's best efforts aren't working very well.

Even though Malgus launched a power grab by declaring himself Emperor, and briefly starting a civil war within the Empire?

Even though Malgus launched a power grab by declaring himself Emperor, and briefly starting a civil war within the Empire?

But his reasoning was sound, and it made the Empire realize they wouldn't survive without change. Now he just needs to finish the job :p

But his reasoning was sound, and it made the Empire realize they wouldn't survive without change. Now he just needs to finish the job :p

Yeah, that's true, and the player is allowed to make that point to a couple of people. I think in that regard, Malgus won. He didn't live to see it, but the Empire started to reflect what he wanted. The interesting thing is that 2 of my characters (SI and BH) developed a certain respect for him during the first 3 acts.

Darth Imperius is probably the trickiest character to work with because of the whole player-character bit. It's possible that Darth Imperius could succeed Marr in terms of Dark Council clout (the parting dialogue on Yavin 4 seems to possibly suggest this). He (Marr) probably won't last much longer and he'd probably look to Darth Imperius to keep the Empire together and put a lid on any power struggles that would emerge once he's gone.

If that does happen, I'd hope that BioWare does the role justice, but I have my doubts.

I kinda doubt Bioware will let Nox become Emperor. If Inquisitors become Emperor, you know the Warriors are going to complain about not being able to; ditto if the Wrath becomes Emperor but not Nox. Also, I can't see how it would work. Either everyone still sends you out to run errands, making the title obsolete, or everybody does everything for you, making the game boring.

Out of the remaining Sith, I'd really like it if Marr took the title, but he's dying and says he doesn't want to be Emperor, so I don't think it'll happen. The only "sane" Sith really left besides him is Lana, so that's who my vote goes to. She's more interested in gaining knowledge and bettering the Empire than improving her personal power, doesn't seem to view aliens as "lesser" beings, is intelligent enough to head Sith Intelligence, and is apparently so Force-Sensitive she picks up on Revan before even Nox and the Wrath do. Plenty of qualifications right there.

Edited by Abvora

Bah, Marr will stay alive for a long time. Both because he'll (probably) use the Force to prolong his life, but also due to *coughtheplotcough*.

Bah, Marr will stay alive for a long time. Both because he'll (probably) use the Force to prolong his life, but also due to *coughtheplotcough*.

I believe a recent blog entry by Courtney was meant to foreshadow Marr's death, probably before the end of the year.

Could be wrong though.

I kinda doubt Bioware will let Nox become Emperor. If Inquisitors become Emperor, you know the Warriors are going to complain about not being able to; ditto if the Wrath becomes Emperor but not Nox. Also, I can't see how it would work. Either everyone still sends you out to run errands, making the title obsolete, or everybody does everything for you, making the game boring.

Out of the remaining Sith, I'd really like it if Marr took the title, but he's dying and says he doesn't want to be Emperor, so I don't think it'll happen. The only "sane" Sith really left besides him is Lana, so that's who my vote goes to. She's more interested in gaining knowledge and bettering the Empire than improving her personal power, doesn't seem to view aliens as "lesser" beings, is intelligent enough to head Sith Intelligence, and is apparently so Force-Sensitive she picks up on Revan before even Nox and the Wrath do. Plenty of qualifications right there.

And her rise would be as astronomical as the Emperor's Wrath and Darth Imperius: From nobodies to the Emperor's enforcer and the Dark Council respectively.

That said, I kinda' don't think it'll be her. Not without some sort of power grab. She might be head of Sith Intelligence, but she's (I would presume) still a subordinate of Darth Zhorrid, the Dark Council member in charge of that branch of government (unless someone died and I missed it).

And her rise would be as astronomical as the Emperor's Wrath and Darth Imperius: From nobodies to the Emperor's enforcer and the Dark Council respectively.

That said, I kinda' don't think it'll be her. Not without some sort of power grab. She might be head of Sith Intelligence, but she's (I would presume) still a subordinate of Darth Zhorrid, the Dark Council member in charge of that branch of government (unless someone died and I missed it).

I don't think the issues is that Zhorrid died as much as "vanished from the plot forever". She hasn't been mentioned once since Act I--I'm assuming she's dead, so Lana shouldn't really have anyone to answer to.

Official statement: Malgus is not coming back.

I don't understand why everyone takes for granted that he is coming back. Guess its just another fandom "fact" that is mentioned nowhere in official sources

Reactor shafts never kill Star Wars characters, or any sort of fall for that matter. Just like Revan vanishing on the Foundry, it definitely seems like it was on purpose.

Official statement: Malgus is not coming back.

I don't understand why everyone takes for granted that he is coming back. Guess its just another fandom "fact" that is mentioned nowhere in official sources

Because people presumed to be dead have come back numerous times, both in BioWare games and Star Wars.