Beating Zash

jediharrsion

This fight was actually pretty easy, I was surprised because the chapter 1 finale for the Jedi Knight was a real challenge, at least for me. I died once because I wasn't prepared, but the second time I beat her handily.

You can only bring Khem Val, so make certain he's geared up. If you try to bring any other companion they'll disappear once you enter the story area. Just time interrupts correct and let Khem tank Zash.

Oh, and I think I was level 32 when I fought her.

I actually had a hell of a time with Zash, much more difficult than any of the other fights in that line (I'm done with it) or the trooper (Voss) or knight (tatooine) lines.

I think it was a combination of level (30 or 31) and trying to decide what to interupt. She has at least 3 inductions including a heal. It was like, "gee, do I interupt force storm or wait for force blast in 2 seconds--or wait for revivication a second after that?" I wound up leaving, gaining a level, upgrading some gear and then beating her on the first try when I returned.

Good luck!

I've heard assassins have a rougher time with this chick than Sorcs.

That being said, I killed her at level 29 as a sorc and she was orange to me. It took a -lot- of pillar humping and slow kiting her up an down the stairs. You just have to make sure to interrupt her heal and let everything else go. (Specially at ranged, her two aoes are visible and easily moved out of)

Khem was as good as a wet noodle vs her, he died in 5 seconds flat and resorting to PVP tactics worked like a charm.

It was easily the hardest challenge for that class... but that was because of the 3 level difference and ONLY because of that fact that it was.

Yeah on my DPS Socerer, "wet noodle" pretty much sums up how well Khem helped out.

I ended up taking a page out of the "How to beat Imperial Agent End of Chapter 1 Boss" and kept throwing out my DOTs and running behind pillars to get out of LOS and just interupting her Heal.

I'm making sure my Heal Speced Sorcerer is at least level 32 before he tries it I had so many problems with it.

• 9 months later...
Yeah on my DPS Socerer, "wet noodle" pretty much sums up how well Khem helped out.

I ended up taking a page out of the "How to beat Imperial Agent End of Chapter 1 Boss" and kept throwing out my DOTs and running behind pillars to get out of LOS and just interupting her Heal.

I'm making sure my Heal Speced Sorcerer is at least level 32 before he tries it I had so many problems with it.

Experience goes a long way. I've done this fight several times now (I just completed it on my third inquisitor, this time a sorc, across 3 servers) at lvl 29 without me or Khem hitting half health. Just equip yourself and Khem properly and try to interrupt her heals... but you'll only get a few of them, because she can pretty much chain cast them anyway.

I do remember the first time I tried with an assassin, I got eaten... but with a sorc it isn't even a fair fight.

Make sure that Khem is well armored. I put all my most used companions in up to date orange armor and this is the fight (as an assassin) that made me do so. Aside from that, this is an interrupt fight as people have said. Interrupt the right attacks and you won't have a problem. Most importantly, make sure that 'target cast bar' is enabled in your interface and moved to a location where you can see it easily. It tells you what your opponent is casting making interrupts easy. I didn't know about this for a ridiculously long time which made figuring out what was being cast and when to interrupt a heck of a lot more challenging. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
One other thing for you assassins that have medium to short range attacks as you main weapons. She has some really nasty blow back. Position yourself toward the back pillars or back wall and let her come to you. Then it's just a matter of interrupting and hitting her hard with the best you got.

• 1 month later...
I killed Zash with HK-51 as my companion. For the conversations u need Khem Val but you can switch to HK-51.

He's right.

Sorry for the necro but just thought it worth mentioning, bioware coded the instance to not allow Andronikos or 2v-r8 in, not only allow khem, so Hk-51 CAN be used against Miss oh so high and mighty.