getting a relic to work?

SweetOldBob

Seriously,

Didn't even consider that would work.

I have been pulling up my character screen this whole time to activate them.

I'm an idiot :)

Thanks

Yeah, I did that when I first started playing as well. Just figured it out on my own one day, after getting frustrated with it.

Yeah, I did that when I first started playing as well. Just figured it out on my own one day, after getting frustrated with it.

I have been playing since launch and just found my first relic about 3 weeks ago. I just equipped it and left it, thinking that I was getting some type of benefit from it. Boy do I feel dumb.

It' not a total loss

Most relics have a "passive" boost (+59 endurance) and an active one (+80 power for secs with a 2min cooldown)

The passive portion is always in effect.

If you dislike managing that extra ability, at 50 there are some proc relics you can get ...one less thing to manage and it frees up a slot.

For running dailies the proc relic is fine. For some boss fights like Soa in EV or the Fab Droid in KP, the 20sec relic can be more effective for high intense bursts as needed.

Seriously,

Didn't even consider that would work.

I have been pulling up my character screen this whole time to activate them.

I'm an idiot :)

Thanks

Honestly, you'r not an idiot.

If you don't know or have not been told how to do these things due to lack of information on the subject or unhelpful players, it's not your fault.

The imortant thing is that someone asked rather than go blind for even longer. We are all still learning things :)

Oh and just as a second thought there. If you get a new relic to replace one of the two you have equiped, remember to replace that relic on your action bar as it will not update the change otherwise.

Edited by VoidGlider

• 8 months later...

They did away with relics that activate in PvP.

You can play without ever having to activate a relic. I'ts a last ditch effort sort of thing, that can help you out of a jam.

Lots of players just use PvP relics after level 50 - because they have large stat boosts than the PvE relics, and don't activate.