Fix the Preview Window!

Trintric

Yes please! It's so annoying trying to preview something and it just bugs out completely.

Floating savers, bald head, missing feet, no legs but feet, no feet but legs, nothing but just a head, very base models of all armor sets. And the list goes on.

Edited by Eshvara

Just a tip or two to avoid the disappearing parts bug / work around it:

- If you click to your companion's window, then back to yours, it resets it back to what the display should be

- If you use it in a private stronghold with no one else around, it rarely bugs out in that way, if ever (at least, that has been my experience)

- If you click to your companion's window, then back to yours, it resets it back to what the display should be

- If you use it in a private stronghold with no one else around, it rarely bugs out in that way, if ever (at least, that has been my experience)

Yeah those do help a lot, sometimes it still doesn't matter though ;c

The fleet is the worst place to try on gear.

The preview window has its own mind!!!

Edited by Eshvara

Yes please! It's so annoying trying to preview something and it just bugs out completely.

Floating savers, bald head, missing feet, no legs but feet, no feet but legs, nothing but just a head, very base models of all armor sets. And the list goes on.

Oh that bug! Yes that is annoying... Agreed please fix...

While the devs who do not care about bugs are maybe some day soon at fixing things, adress the clipping robes bug too. But they wont because they dont play their own game. They only add content and bugs. Fixing things isnt part of their job anymore.

Now does this in anyway could possibly affect the Cartel Market sal-....

Wait a minute...:confused: it does... why haven't they hotfixed it yet?

Because as Rolodome points out there are perfectly viable workarounds.

In a development environment, as soon as a viable workaround (that works most of the time on the first try) presents itself, fixing the issue becomes a lower priority.

When all it takes is two clicks of the mouse to correct the problem...

Another problem with fixing the bug, is its randomness; when a bug is not reproduceable on a consistent basis it makes it that much harder to troubleshoot and determine the cause. Personally, I have opened the Preview windows hundreds of times since I first heard about this bug and it has only affected me ONCE.

I am not saying this issue is not there, because it is, I have seen it first hand. All I am saying is that this is not a game breaking bug, it is one with an easy workaround and therefore one that will probably never get fixed.

I am not saying this issue is not there, because it is, I have seen it first hand. All I am saying is that this is not a game breaking bug, it is one with an easy workaround and therefore one that will probably never get fixed.

Someone needs there morning caffeine if they think Peter is being serious when he talks about the cartel market!

Now does this in anyway could possibly affect the Cartel Market sal-....

Wait a minute...:confused: it does... why haven't they hotfixed it yet?

:)

That having been said, ease of describing bug is orthogonal to ease of determining root cause, and both are orthogonal to implementing a fix.

Since it's a graphics bug, I'm going to suspect it's a Hard Problem, like many other graphics bugs in this engine...

Won't the preview window just resize your boot, put it on your head and colour match it to chest piece though?

Omg you're right! Devs! I demand a fix right now for the preview window, so I can properly see my boot before it hits the monitor!

I heard about this like a week ago...and it is STILL the single greatest piece of advice I have ever read on the forums. Saved me from breaking another keyboard just last night :)

Because as Rolodome points out there are perfectly viable workarounds.

In a development environment, as soon as a viable workaround (that works most of the time on the first try) presents itself, fixing the issue becomes a lower priority.

When all it takes is two clicks of the mouse to correct the problem...

Another problem with fixing the bug, is its randomness; when a bug is not reproduceable on a consistent basis it makes it that much harder to troubleshoot and determine the cause. Personally, I have opened the Preview windows hundreds of times since I first heard about this bug and it has only affected me ONCE.

It is pretty game breaking for me. The most annoying bug in the game. When I preview stuff it breaks pretty much every single time. It happens every time I zoom or rotate my character in the preview window I lose my character model or the preview screen goes blank entirely. Switching to companion and back does fix it sometimes but this is incredibly annoying if you have to do it every time you preview a different piece of equipment or dye. Especially annoying because it isn't a viable work around to have to teleport to stronghold if you want to preview stuff off of the GTN from fleet.