Atris was the master lightsaber duelist, not Kreia

MarcheseAMM

To specify, I am referring to this quote:

"Darth Traya is a master of lightsaber combat. In addition, she commands an array of potent dark side powers like Drain Life and Force Storm." --Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide

That is referring to Atris, not Kreia. Cheers.

Yep. Cut content had Atris becoming Darth Traya, but they changed it for time reasons. The Prima Guide never changed back to how the game was, so the Atris boss fight when she goes evil is titled the Darth Traya boss fight in the Prima Guide. The description of the fight, which is where Darth Traya gets her master accolade, was referring to Atris, not Kreia. Likewise, the Prima Guide never refers to Kreia as Darth Traya, including the final boss fight. Edited by MarcheseAMM

"By the time the Ebon Hawk lands on Telos, Kreia has already left. The damage has been done, however; Atris has openly embraced the dark side and has taken the moniker of Darth Traya. You confront her in her meditation chamber, where it's revealed that Traya has gathered dozens of Sith holocrons. She brushes aside any offer you make to show mercy or lead her to redemption, and there's no choice but to fight for your life... As a former member of the Jedi Council, Darth Traya is a master of lightsaber combat. In addition, she commands an array of potent dark side powers like Drain Life and Force Storm." --page 201 of the Prima Guide.

She still became the new Darth Traya in her mind in the story, so yeh I'd still take that as canon. The only difference is she wore a black dress and a weird Malnificent style costume...

Either way, Traya's still good, and that feat makes Surik better, so yeh! :D

Oh and glad to see you bak, Wolf.

Edited by Selenial

She still became the new Darth Traya in her mind in the story, so yeh I'd still take that as canon. The only difference is she wore a black dress and a weird Malnificent style costume...

Either way, Traya's still good, and that feat makes Surik better, so yeh! :D

Oh and glad to see you bak, Wolf.

Meh, not really sure it changes anything. Pretty sure you were touting both Atris and Kreia as great duelists for a while, so it doesn't change anything as far as I'm concerned.

*shrug*

Meh, not really sure it changes anything. Pretty sure you were touting both Atris and Kreia as great duelists for a while, so it doesn't change anything as far as I'm concerned.

*shrug*

Well we already knew Atris was a master of combat from other sources, as for Traya, she showed advanced knowledge of all forms, had advanced skills beyond the basic forms and held a position in the order that's noted as allowing time to master combat and yourself.

So indeed, it changes nothing, except for the singular line about force storm and drain life.

Well we already knew Atris was a master of combat from other sources, as for Traya, she showed advanced knowledge of all forms, had advanced skills beyond the basic forms and held a position in the order that's noted as allowing time to master combat and yourself.

So indeed, it changes nothing, except for the singular line about force storm and drain life.

Force Storm and Drain Life? Well, that changes some things for Atris, at least. Probably Meetra, too, if the powers were actually applied in combat.

But didn't you say it was a contest of pure skill?

Force Storm and Drain Life? Well, that changes some things for Atris, at least. Probably Meetra, too, if the powers were actually applied in combat.

But didn't you say it was a contest of pure skill?

Oh, you can't see the quote.

"By the time the Ebon Hawk lands on Telos, Kreia has already left. The damage has been done, however; Atris has openly embraced the dark side and has taken the moniker of Darth Traya. You confront her in her meditation chamber, where it's revealed that Traya has gathered dozens of Sith holocrons. She brushes aside any offer you make to show mercy or lead her to redemption, and there's no choice but to fight for your life... As a former member of the Jedi Council, Darth Traya is a master of lightsaber combat. In addition, she commands an array of potent dark side powers like Drain Life and Force Storm." --page 201 of the Prima Guide.

Makes it very clear she applied them. No I never said a contest of pure skill, that's the best part. Atris used the force against her, and was a master of lightsaber combat, on a nexus. What was pure skill was how Surik beat her, as it's noted as solely being her mastery with a blade...

Oh, you can't see the quote.

Makes it very clear she applied them. No I never said a contest of pure skill, that's the best part. Atris used the force against her, and was a master of lightsaber combat, on a nexus. What was pure skill was how Surik beat her, as it's noted as solely being her mastery with a blade...

No, I couldn't see the quote. But that's interesting. Very interesting, and definitely a great showing from Meetra.