Stats for an AP PT for PVP

BonnerFett

Hahaha its the 64000 question isn't it :-)

So my approach was to think about what is the Bread and Butter of Vanguards and PowerTechs.. We have no real CC... our so-called Defensive Cool down shield only reduces damage by 25% (unlike the beloved Sorc/Sages whose Bubble is available often and reduces damage taken by a certain amount..or the beloved Juggs with their Sonic Barrier which also absorbs a specific amount of damage) and we're easily globaled in a 4 v 4... so we hang our hat on our BURST and by BURST that means we gotta CRIT and CRIT often and it better be for a LOT

(on my Vanguard)

---

- I got Adept Packages for Ear and Implants

- I removed 4 Advanced Initiative Ehnchancements 40X from my Exemplar gear and replaced them with 39X Crit Enh..(making my accuracy 101.00%)

- Then I added 3 OverKill Augments and the other 11 I went with power

- My thought process to this approach is that I'm going to crit almost half the time I attack... However when I don't crit..I still need my attacks to be as hard as possible..hence the power stack. When you add Battle Focus (aka Explosive Fuel for PTs) my crit chance shoots up to a ridiculous 66%

All of this brought my Crit rating to 1561 and my Tech Critical Chance to 41.27% & Critical Multiplier to 70.16%

Last night running around in Quesh Huttball.. I melted a Sorc with half -health with an 8K tactical surge (magnetic blast)..followed my Assault Plastique (Thermal Detonator) and because that gives the "Susceptible" debuff, I hit him with a 12K high impact bolt (Rail shot) ..then it happened ...a 22K Cell Burst (Energy Burst) and the sorc was gone. Im not going to lie to you and say that ish didn't feel good haha

Edited by mjamal

There isnt really one way to gear, there are a few options for taking different augments and enhancments. Personally, i stick to the stats which are given for PVE players (yes, i do pve) except that i dont go for the 110% accuracy as this would be just a waste of stats, BUT i would still recommend 1 or 2 pieces with accuracy as some classes *cough* SORCERER *cough* have a higher chance of deflecting your railshot or high impact bolt, but thats as mentioned before a personal matter.

now for crit numbers you !!!! SHOULDNT !!!! stack crit into oblivion as there are still diminishing returns at about 1200 crit which is for the powertech at about 39-40% crit rating and thats by far enough, you still got the 2% bonus from the spec and 5% for thermal detonator and rocket punch and there isnt really a difference wether you crit with a 70,5% or 71% crit multiplier.

another very underestimated thing for pvp is alacrity, and trust me, this thing rocks and you cant really go wrong with it (of course dont take it if you are playing tank :p). i got about 10 % alacrity which means you get an extra gcd every 10 gcd in comparison to other players which dont have any piece of alacrity in their gear. but again you dont have to equal the numbers as even 6% - 8% can mean the world, especially in normal warzones with long fights for nodes.

i hope i could help you along with this

Edited by Digitus_Minimus

now for crit numbers you !!!! SHOULDNT !!!! stack crit into oblivion as there are still diminishing returns at about 1200 crit

I keep hearing this, and it's probably true. That being said, I kept running into a PT that had stacked crit and 8% alacrity (I think if I remember right) and he was melting stuff so fast. His burst was nuts, I fought him on my sorc and by far he was one of the most dangerous dps I ever faced. usually I can facetank single dps on my sorc, this guy I had to use some LOS and defensives to try to mitigate his damage. It was pretty impressive.

• 1 month later...
I keep hearing this, and it's probably true. That being said, I kept running into a PT that had stacked crit and 8% alacrity (I think if I remember right) and he was melting stuff so fast. His burst was nuts, I fought him on my sorc and by far he was one of the most dangerous dps I ever faced. usually I can facetank single dps on my sorc, this guy I had to use some LOS and defensives to try to mitigate his damage. It was pretty impressive.

Interesting... I've never even considered Alac on My PT...

Anybody else played with this?