Wrong alignment gain from crew skills.

Poguemahones

On my light sided characters (specifically my Empire toons), I have noticed that one in every 4 or 5 crew skill missions I gain dark side points. My alignment selector is set to Light side and both the toons it is affecting are light 5. The crew skill mission shows that I should be gaining light side points (which really don't matter at light 5).

My best guess would be that you are getting the alignment gain from Diplomacy. Before DVL, diplomacy missions could grant you dark or light side alignment. However, now it shows you whatever alignment you selected, while still having the opposite faction gain that you can't see from before DVL

My best guess would be that you are getting the alignment gain from Diplomacy. Before DVL, diplomacy missions could grant you dark or light side alignment. However, now it shows you whatever alignment you selected, while still having the opposite faction gain that you can't see from before DVL

Except that you ***can*** see it. Mouse over the Diplomacy mission's alignment symbol (before launching the mission) and you'll see a tooltip with the number of points of each side that you'll get for a normal (non-critical) success in that mission. For a "good" (i.e. not giving you contrary points) mission, you'll see something and zero *or* zero and something, and for a "bad" (i.e. giving contrary points) mission, you'll see something-not-zero for both numbers.