Totally Stuck on "Descent into the Core"

This is a Makeb imp mission. I am currently on the Maintanance shaft level and the mission log says to "Defend the Seismic Pulse Inductor". I do not have one of these things in my inventory and there is nothing marked on the map. How do I complete this mission?

When you turn around from the console that you were talking on, there should be an appearance of a mob directly behind you. When you attack them, waves will start coming at you (DW really easy to kill).

I had no problems killing the final mob. Are you using a healer companion? It was essentially no effort at all.

• 10 months later...
I just finished it, and I had two waves, first one big, 2nd not so big, then the Boss/Elite arrived. It is around 46k not so hard. I was using an operative, so I could vanish when I needed too. I would suggest you stay near the panel side until you see the boss climb up to meet you, you might want to heal first. GL

• 2 years later...
So lt me get this straight: there's been a known glitch in this for over three years, and the devs have done NOTHING to fix it? i just tried three times, and three times it glitched. this game has officially become a waste of money, im done

Come join the chorus here. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=902624

Hopefully something will be done about this problem.