Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hatred / Serenity Set Bonuses and Tactical Items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Hatred / Serenity Set Bonuses and Tactical Items
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DzastinBiberi
04.28.2019 , 08:26 AM | #21
Ever since the nerf on Assassinate, that ability was made trash. Far worse it is on Hatred since its a proc.

I have 258 MH/OH along with the set, the damage on it says something like 11700-13700 ish dmg, yet when I get a proc, I can hit as low as 7K which is laughable, proced/crit hit from the set can deal from 15-20k ish, depending on the armor of the enemy that I hit.

Seriously BioWare, whoever told you to nerf sins damage never played that class, unlike me, been playing it since 2014 and since all the nerfs and zero buffs to Hatred, I play it mostly in PVE, cause in PVP, it's the most squishy class that exists with terrible defenses. The only strong point on that class are dots if u manage to live long enough to spread them once. (pvp wise)

I know this is kinda off the topic and we're clueless on these tactical items and how they will work, but I think there's no item in the world that will make this class more powerful without any class/spec buffs.

Remember mercs in 2.0-3.0 era?

Make this class great again.

Werronious
04.28.2019 , 03:40 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DzastinBiberi View Post
Ever since the nerf on Assassinate, that ability was made trash. Far worse it is on Hatred since its a proc.

I have 258 MH/OH along with the set, the damage on it says something like 11700-13700 ish dmg, yet when I get a proc, I can hit as low as 7K which is laughable, proced/crit hit from the set can deal from 15-20k ish, depending on the armor of the enemy that I hit.

Seriously BioWare, whoever told you to nerf sins damage never played that class, unlike me, been playing it since 2014 and since all the nerfs and zero buffs to Hatred, I play it mostly in PVE, cause in PVP, it's the most squishy class that exists with terrible defenses. The only strong point on that class are dots if u manage to live long enough to spread them once. (pvp wise)

I know this is kinda off the topic and we're clueless on these tactical items and how they will work, but I think there's no item in the world that will make this class more powerful without any class/spec buffs.

Remember mercs in 2.0-3.0 era?

Make this class great again.
yea sucks to be shadow, but infiltration is way worse, you get 7k dmg like often, while serenity have dots which helps you a lot. Serenity/hatred is better for me now, infil is juct luckluster now atm, while emrcs jugs do 30-40k crits my biggest is 22k on 254 gear (even serenity has better 28k procs).

TheSpiceIsRIght
05.02.2019 , 01:52 AM | #23
Link to Main Forum Post with Google Doc of Failure's Set Bonus and Tactical Item suggestions

HATRED/SERENITY

Tactical Suggestions:
  • Leeching strike now also costs 5% of max HP and increases Leeching strike’s damage dealt by 30%
  • Converts Inevitable Demise to deal 15% more damage on targets under 60% health
  • Inevitable Demise now deals 30% more damage on targets above 60% health

Set Bonus:
  • 2 set - Consuming a death mark grants 1 force
  • 4 set - Leeching strike grants [insert rp name here], causing periodic damage to deal 10% increased damage for 5 seconds
  • 6 set - Assassinate deals 5% increased damage for each instance of periodic damage on the target
Spice
<FAILURE> - Satele Shan
World First Slayer of the Machine Gods

SpleneticGamer
05.02.2019 , 05:51 PM | #24
Tactical Item:

Light Armor: High mobility abilities (Force Speed, Shadow Stride and Phase Walk) have their cooldown reduced by 50%. Your Resolve bar now deteriorates 25% faster (less time for the white bar), all time spent stunned is decreased by 2 seconds. In addition, you receive a 10% DR bonus while stunned. (the last one may not be needed, but would be nice. Give this to all light armor classes. Very PvP focused)

Diefexor
05.02.2019 , 06:18 PM | #25
Hatred has a long ramp up time and spreading DoTs does not feel good.

Tactical:
-Leeching Strike now also absorbs the next % of healing received by the target and heals you for the same amount.
-Eradicate now does all of its damage immediately and absorbs healing received by the target by the same amount of DoT damage that would have been applied otherwise.
-Deathfield now has a range of 20 yards and stuns all enemy's for 2 seconds and slows them by 50% for 6 seconds.
-Deathfield's range and radius is reduced but hits with devastating force increasing damage significantly and decreasing the CD recovery rate of enemys by 25% for as long as deathmark exists.
-Assassinate can now be used at any percentage of enemy health but now applies a dot, Executioner, and increases Alacrity by small %. Executioner does X damage over 4 Seconds. If the target is below 25% health when Executioner expires the target is obliterated (killed).
-Lacerate now receives its own charge of raze which gives its damage a 100% critical chance and removes the GCD.
-Lacerates damage is doubled but hits fewer targets. Profuse horror lingers spreading applied DoTs for 4 seconds.
-Force Shroud leaves a fulminating force cloud (black/red if sith) for 5 seconds in a 10yrd radius which reduces the damage taken by allies by 30% and does a small amount of damage to enemy trapped (can snare enemies too? seems op at this point but w/e) in its radius.

Set Bonus
-Frenzy Aura: reduces the GCD of Creeping Terror, Discharge, and Lacerate by 50%.
-Terror Aura: Terror Aura spreads applied DoTs in 12yrd radius.
-Deaths Door: When hit with damage that would otherwise kill you, the assassin phases through deaths door and is healed for 5%. Incoming damage is also reduced by 85% for 2 seconds. Cannot attack while at deaths door and cannot occur more than once every 3 min.
-Dot damage is increased for a short period after assassin re-enters stealth.
-Hatred assassins see through the force gaining 5% passive accuracy.
-Your double bladed lights saber flies through the air doing damage to anybody in its path when phantom stride is used. (Belongs in Tactical?)
-Dark Echo: Dark echos of past sith assassins will periodically appear and aid the assassin with a vicious back stab to the enemy.

Obviously Sith based. Rename or adjust things to fit Serenity as you must.

Edit: And if you implement some of my suggestions you cannot implement others because they would be redundant.

Aaroneus
05.05.2019 , 08:51 AM | #26
After playing serenity pretty hard for the last couple weeks in all game modes, the bottom line change that needs to happen with this spec is the Dot lifesteal needs to be increased. The healing you get from Dots is absolutely negligible. I don't know how someone decided that this version of a Dot+sustain spec was satisfactory. The heals are so small they might as well not even be in the game. The serenity strike lifesteal is fine. don't touch that. But the dot healing needs to be increased enough so that DPS shadow players might actually consider playing it over infiltration.

If BW is so against increasing serenity sustain that they will not entertain this, then there needs to be an item that extends the range of force breach and force in balance so that the spec can apply its basic dots without having to walk into melee range and getting forced out instantly. Make it so that it will have to determine when it's safe to walk in to use squelch, whirling blow, and serenity strike.
Marqeese D-Cane

Darthanimus
06.14.2019 , 05:49 AM | #27
DoT spread from death field not lacerate (I never like the change to lacerate as the DoT spreader)
Death field has bigger radius and hits harder the more in its radius
DoTs do more damage up front in the first 6s to mitigate slow ramp up, falling over the duration when other abilities become usable.

Set bonuses ideas:
Mass mind control affects targets afflicted with your DoTs making them deal less damage to you for 10s after activation.
Death field and leaching strike when critically hitting makes self heals increase by 100%
Lower CD on deflection.
longer duration on force shroud.
Force shroud can be activated when stunned with soft stuns and purges said stuns, in addition to resisting force and tech attacks by 200%
Scorpio finds the starforge, becomes an immortal AI god, and gets worshiped by Ewoks.

Red Eclipse