[Bug] Temprary Residence (Ziost) still get no credit for rescuing civillians

Stoofa

Your patch notes read:

Civilians saved during the Mission “Temporary Residence” now consistently give proper credit.

This is not just a slight white fib, this is an out and out lie.

I've just run the People's Tower section with a character. I spent over 20 minutes killing groups as they spawned to free the civillians. During this 20 minutes spent I got credit for rescuing one.

The civillians just remain stood where they were or they run-away after the MOBs have been killed, either way you far more often get no credit than credit.

To me it doesn't matter. I've completed that mission once, I have the achievement for doing so. Other achievemnet hunters may not even know it exists (they will kill groups and get no credit). Considing that once they leave that area and continue the quest chain they cannot go back, that achievement will remain as missing to them.

Honestly, any "achievement hunter" would know to check a guide before going to Ziost, so they'd know what to do to get them all.

However, lying on patch notes isn't ok. Patches NEED to be tested before being deployed, because there was no change at all to these mobs.

That's unfortunate. I did it on my Commando the other day, and yes, the civilians guarded by the large groups of npcs would not run off and begin then finish the side quest. However, the civilians guarded by the small groups would. I believe there are two such of the latter. I just farmed these small groups. Each time worked for me. What class of character were you playing when you encountered your problem after the patch?

Post patch I've now run a Sniper and a Commando through, both with the same issue.

The small group you encounter as soon as you enter that area, at the end, just above the ramp going down, always gave me credit before the patch and with the 3 characters I'd already run through.

After the patch not even that group was giving credit each time.

Just an update:

This very second I've just run a Gunslinger through the "People's Tower" area. I am the only one here. I've just moved from the start point all the way to the end of the area, collecting the fuel on the way to the location where it says "Go and collect the speeder" when you try to get to the final AA gun.

I killed every single MOB en route, nothing survived my run down and I've not had a single credit towards this mission. If I didn't know it exists, I still wouldn't know it exists.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This still seems to be bugged. Is there any workaround for this?

Like Ashlian wrote, there is only one group that counts, on the left of the entrance to the People's Tower. Just kill that group, wait for the respawn, kill it again etc. until you are done. It takes a while but it is a workaround until they can fix it for the other groups.

Edited by Jerba

How many patches have we had since Ziost now and this still isn't fixed - even though patch notes at one stage said it was.

Then BW wonder where all the negativity is - where they fail to fix a mission that you can only do ocne per character - as once you've left the area you cannot go back and many miss because it never even starts.

How difficult can it be to fix this - I mean, really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
the only group of mobs that i have found that gave me credit were the group of 2 on the left as u go up the stairs towards the mission door (civi being forced choked). u might just have to wait for respawns if one group works for u

Now it is totally bugged, NONE of the groups are working. Not even the one what was mentioned above...

• 6 months later...
Now it is totally bugged, NONE of the groups are working. Not even the one what was mentioned above...

This is my experience. Without this achievement, getting the blooming buds deco is impossible. But since the quest itself is bugged, the achievement is impossible.

BIOWARE FIX IT!!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I can’t promise this will work but after hitting this bug I stopped to look for a solution and then I on a whim changed my companion and I got 2 more then got stuck again and changed my companion again and I got the last one I needed so check if changing companion helps

• 5 weeks later...
I can’t promise this will work but after hitting this bug I stopped to look for a solution and then I on a whim changed my companion and I got 2 more then got stuck again and changed my companion again and I got the last one I needed so check if changing companion helps

Great idea, worked for me too. Thanks!