Launcher still stuck after trying fixes and even reinstall

CiaraFae

I installed earlier today. I played a starter character while the game finished downloading. After the game finished downloading, I logged out, quit the game, then went to the website to buy the digital upgrade. After the purchase, I started the launcher and it froze at "Downloading Minimum Content - 0%"

I read several threads and tried every fix listed. Nothing worked. Then I tried uninstall/reinstall. Game won't even reinstall. Now I'm annoyed.

Any help would be appreciated :/

I installed earlier today. I played a starter character while the game finished downloading. After the game finished downloading, I logged out, quit the game, then went to the website to buy the digital upgrade. After the purchase, I started the launcher and it froze at "Downloading Minimum Content - 0%"

I read several threads and tried every fix listed. Nothing worked. Then I tried uninstall/reinstall. Game won't even reinstall. Now I'm annoyed.

Any help would be appreciated :/

Hi CiaraFae,

When this happened to me, none of the "fixed" threads here in the forums worked for me either. I ended up going trying fixes I found in other forums and the only one that worked for me was on the EA forums. Launcher 100% fail

Failynnx posted the following:

100% halt issue

Press the Windows Key + R and type

Services.msc

Press Enter and scroll down to Bitraider mini support service stub loader ensure this is started. **

Symptom of it not started is 100% halt and a 0% halt if trying to re-install

NOTES:

** If not 'Running' rt-click on 'Bitraider mini support service stub loader' and select 'Start' from the popover menu, or if select Properties and switch to Manual if is is disabled.

Hi CiaraFae,

When this happened to me, none of the "fixed" threads here in the forums worked for me either. I ended up going trying fixes I found in other forums and the only one that worked for me was on the EA forums. Launcher 100% fail

Failynnx posted the following:

100% halt issue

Press the Windows Key + R and type

Services.msc

Press Enter and scroll down to Bitraider mini support service stub loader ensure this is started. **

Symptom of it not started is 100% halt and a 0% halt if trying to re-install

NOTES:

** If not 'Running' rt-click on 'Bitraider mini support service stub loader' and select 'Start' from the popover menu, or if select Properties and switch to Manual if is is disabled.

It's common issue with the ST type launcher ( streaming )

The guaranteed fix to this issue is changing the launcher to a non-stream launcher.

open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"BR\" }"

Change to:

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"

, "bitraider_disable": false

Change to:

, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.

Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher.

It's common issue with the ST type launcher ( streaming )

The guaranteed fix to this issue is changing the launcher to a non-stream launcher.

open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"BR\" }"

Change to:

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"

, "bitraider_disable": false

Change to:

, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.

Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher.

That's good to know. I have this issue on my desktop which has been boxed up since I moved. Once I dig it out, I will have to apply this.