reposted again.. warzone leavers

wezli

sorry to repost again i've seen SOOO many threads about this i know, but i was wondering if there has been any developer response to this at all? i havnt seen anything in the dev trackers not sure if this is just a problem for the bastion server or if it is going on in all the servers? Not sure if this is working as intended or maybe its just me qq'ing about it because i find it annoying.

Just curious what can be done about it because i think if they put a major debuff of some sort on the leaver then who will que for the next warzone? we have to wait for a warzone as is ,not on peak hours, so maybe a buff to people to who stay the whole match maybe? But that could lead to afking again in warzones which is just as bad if not worse.

Any new ideas or maybe i could just suck it up and qq to myself :( I just find it a little annoying and i can't get geared very steadily because of the constant loses.. thanks for your time and as always flame on :D

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly there is nothing that can be done. If they implemented any type of debuff, the leavers would simply just sit at a node and go AFK. By the same token, I don't disagree with leaving WZ's, as sometimes you get peeps who completely ignore objectives, and make it miserable for those trying to win. The coin indeed has 2 sides. Either way, I don't see any change to the mechanics that would curb the issue, it's just one of those things. Edited by Pistols

There should be a punishment for leaving.

Players that always leave if its not going their way are the people complaining at 50 that pvp is too hard blah blah gear too big a factor.

Gear is a lot smaller factor than knowing how to play, not ever battleground is going to go your way even if you're in a pre-made.

Sadly there is nothing that can be done. If they implemented any type of debuff, the leavers would simply just sit at a node and go AFK. By the same token, I don't disagree with leaving WZ's, as sometimes you get peeps who completely ignore objectives, and make it miserable for those trying to win. The coin indeed has 2 sides. Either way, I don't see any change to the mechanics that would curb the issue, it's just one of those things.

I mainly agree with this. I would think a debuff would cause more harm than good.

• Dev Post
Hey everyone! I talked to Senior PvP Designer Rob Hinkle about the issue of players leaving normal Warzones. This is something that's important to us, and if we introduce any changes to the system, we want to make sure we do it right. To that end, we're considering several options, like applying the deserter debuff we have for Ranked (or another penalty for leaving) or the possibility of additional incentives to stay in the Warzone. We'll keep you updated on any changes and appreciate your feedback!

Hey everyone! I talked to Senior PvP Designer Rob Hinkle about the issue of players leaving normal Warzones. This is something that's important to us, and if we introduce any changes to the system, we want to make sure we do it right. To that end, we're considering several options, like applying the deserter debuff we have for Ranked (or another penalty for leaving) or the possibility of additional incentives to stay in the Warzone. We'll keep you updated on any changes and appreciate your feedback!

holy smokes, they posted in the pvp forums. something is wrong here

Incentives to stay in the WZ would be preferred.

We don't need any more reasons not to queue.

And I don't want a debuff when I get rooted from some kind of glitch (cloned and couldn't make my character move last night:) then have to sit out of wz for 15 minutes or something.

Good maybe this will help tone down these "warzone quitter" posts.

lol, i've tried reporting these, and gear > skill threads as duplicates. they dont care, as long as it's not in the general forum it's like anything goes.

Applying a debuff won't fix anything, as was explained earlier in this thread.

well, now they can't be bothered reading actual constructive suggestions and comments in their own forums can they? i certainly wouldn't expect them to actually start doing work

did you see their last 'community roundup' blog post? lol they picked the most random threads and the quoted posts weren't even interesting at all! again they just went random with it

Agreed...Make it worth sticking with it....Seriously need to get away from penalty systems in games...It is supposed to be fun after all.

A debuff wont effect me in the slightest but if it in any way discourages people from queue'ing then its bad.

I'm sure many will enjoy getting a debuff from leaving a WZ when they are perma rooted and perma stun'd, you know, that bug that has been around for so many months that hasn't yet to be fixed. Or from the random disconnect issue the game throws at people.

Brickwalls can be rough though.

I'm sure many will enjoy getting a debuff from leaving a WZ when they are perma rooted and perma stun'd, you know, that bug that has been around for so many months that hasn't yet to be fixed. Or from the random disconnect issue the game throws at people.

/agree

When we can kick the two chuckleheads i get every 2nd match like this guy http://imgur.com/uZJfe who are wearing bad pve gear and no recruit rocking a cool 13khp, then we can have a deserter buff, if im solo queing, and i see 3 players with 13-14k health 3 more with 15-17k and maybe 2 warhero's, unless the other team is teribad or geared worse its a loss and since i value my time i leave :p

old screenie but still one of my fav's

Edited by dego-harmonium

Been playing PvP since launch and only been dropped 3 times, never had these other issues. Giving incentives to stay will not stop them from dropping, a penalty might.

When we can kick the two chuckleheads i get every 2nd match like this guy http://imgur.com/uZJfe who are wearing bad pve gear and no recruit rocking a cool 13khp, then we can have a deserter buff

old screenie but still one of my fav's

Ha got a ton of those myself. 2 Days ago was in a match with someone with 300 expertise, I asked why no Recruit, and the answer was...

"Expertise caps around 500".

I left the match, when I realized this person was with a 4 man pre-made.

^ this.

I rather leave a WZ than put up with 2 guys AFK node farming.

1 guy constantly rushing mid.

4 guys defending a node from 1 guy whos half dead.

The 3 people who sit wondering what to do next after an enemy node has been cleared.

The guy who is PVPing naked. (literally) I left that one as soon as i saw the doors open and he didn't put his gear on and was just running around with a weapon.

Why would i want to waste my time assisting bads when its obvious its a fail? I rather have a good reason to stay and not a reason to not bother queing.

My only concern is that for some reason I seem to have about one disconnect a night. My guild jokes that I have a requisite DC a night when raiding, and if not raiding it inevitably happens in one warzone a night too. This makes me mad enough without having to suffer through some sort of penalty for "leaving". Unless you guys can differentiate between a disconnect and an actual request to leave the warzone, but currently ranked penalizes you the same either way.

incentives to stay in WZs please.

Also, allow majority vote kick for any player (AFK or not), because trust me, most of the time the leavers are not leaving because they want to. They leave because of 1 or 2 people in the team. If the majority of the WZ team agrees with them, why not allow the team to kick them out?