Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Vengeance Juggernaut / Vigilance Guardian

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Class Changes: Vengeance Juggernaut / Vigilance Guardian
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RikuvonDrake
09.20.2017 , 01:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Decidion View Post
What on Earth gave you the impression I was excited? Please take your own chill pill, you obviously need it more than anyone else here, LOL
The fact that you overlooked the most obvious aspect of this, we have yet to see the changes for Rage, I am not allowed to say too much on the topic, but I think that before you go full panic mode, wait for the Rage adjustments

Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
60 % is a small nerf? what exactly is a large nerf for you? this is just another edition in BW overnerfing AOEs.
I think it's pretty clear that the Chillin Scream utility is overperforming a lot for all Jugg specs and that it needed to be readjusted to ensure it is used for multiple target and not for single target.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

CarlGustaf
09.20.2017 , 01:06 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Increased the melee bonus damage given by Ravager from 3% to 5%
Is this again some sort of number translation error like it was with relics procs some time ago? Because in my german client it's already stating to be 5%. (the utility point you get on level 32)
Natsu Dragonslayer Eideley
YOLO on T3-M4

Gimp aus Leidenschaft

Decidion
09.20.2017 , 01:11 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
... Are you sure that developer team is competent,? Seems not
Been wondering that myself since 5.0 was released...

Decidion
09.20.2017 , 01:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
The fact that you overlooked the most obvious aspect of this, we have yet to see the changes for Rage, I am not allowed to say too much on the topic, but I think that before you go full panic mode, wait for the Rage adjustments
I have been waiting for so much, for so long, that I have learned to reduce my expectations to zero. I am *not* holding my breath, LOL.

Alec_Fortescue
09.20.2017 , 01:17 PM | #15
Most importantly the team should look at fixing Pooled Hatred utility for the next dcd/utility patch. It really hampers the discipline with its dps performance in ranked pvp.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=885650 Please look at Nightrain's thread.

Also I think that Ravage should hit much harder, I'd even be happy to see chilling scream aoe go away completely.
Bloodmaster 15% from 9% is v. nice. Not happy with burning blade buff. It is very short in duration and difficult to dotspread due to it. I'd rather see Shatter's / Plasma Brand's damage over-time damage increased. The spec was just fine during 4.0 pts testing, nerf bat it received was unjustified. You should look back at Shatter back then.

Also with nerfing Chilling Scream dot you are affecting dps output of both Rage and Defense disciplines. You need to adjust for that appropriately!

ivanhedgehog
09.20.2017 , 01:18 PM | #16

I think it's pretty clear that the Chillin Scream utility is overperforming a lot for all Jugg specs and that it needed to be readjusted to ensure it is used for multiple target and not for single target.
60% is not a "readjustment". it is a castration. If they dont want it in single target, there are so many better ways than making it not worth using it all. This is the exact same idiotic reasoning they used for every other AOE overnerf. Are you trying to tell us they were ALL overtuned by the exact same amount? and that the devs just didnt notice for a couple of years that this one was overtuned by the same amount? They are using their same cut and paste lie to try to excuse their destroying another AOE. Most players are smart enough to recognize bs from bw when they see it.

RikuvonDrake
09.20.2017 , 01:27 PM | #17
Lowering the damage of an AoE ability so it is used as an AoE ability instead of being part of the standard single target rotation makes sense at least to me, I struggle to comprehend how you are unable to understand that simple readjustment. Regardless if the adjustment is by 60% or 6%, an AoE ability shouldn't deal more damage to one target than a single target ability, lol.

ivanhedgehog
09.20.2017 , 01:35 PM | #18
Lowering the damage of an AoE ability so it is used as an AoE ability instead of being part of the standard single target rotation makes sense at least to me, I struggle to comprehend how you are unable to understand that simple readjustment. Regardless if the adjustment is by 60% or 6%, an AoE ability shouldn't deal more damage to one target than a single target ability, lol.
Making the aoe so weak that NO ONE uses it for any number of targets is not a good solution. This should be simple for you to understand. increase the resource cost or some other way. this is the exact same excuse they used the times they destroyed the other signature aoes of other classes.

Decidion
09.20.2017 , 01:51 PM | #19
The only abilities that chilling scream does more damage to a single target (with the ultility) that I can see are the basic, rage building attacks.... Assault and Sundering Assault.

RikuvonDrake
09.20.2017 , 01:51 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
Making the aoe so weak that NO ONE uses it for any number of targets is not a good solution. This should be simple for you to understand. increase the resource cost or some other way. this is the exact same excuse they used the times they destroyed the other signature aoes of other classes.
It's meant to be a filler ability for AoE DPS in situations where your other key abilities are on cooldown, sure this does bring it down to a level where it's very situational, but I don't see that as a bad thing, in particular with this ability it's meant to be situational.