Crafting Armor Set, worth it?

Kheldyn

With the new amplifier system is it worth making/buying an armor set (ie: the experimental Ossen 252 purple armor, whatever is appropriate to your level), and then buying/setting all the amplifiers to whatever your crafting skill is (biochem, artifice, synthweaving, etc.) . I've done similiar in other games with crafting, but wasn't sure if anyone had done it on SWTOR. I mean not only for leveling a skill, but also for late game craftng, and for profit by crafting stuff for the GTN?

Crafting late game not really, it is expensive, time consuming, and can take is toll keeping it up in the long run. If you want to do it I would suggest getting in a big guild going for large yield and knocking out legendary ember missions. Alot of people straight up just sell the mats to make money as the most consistent way to have income. But I can't wholly heartedly say hey end game crafting is fantastic in any real way. Will you make money yeah i am sure but not sure where you tolerance for time and such stands.

Well i'm old, stubborn, more than a bit ornery, and retired, so i got the time to experiment.

Thanks

Do not worrie, we will all become old for the time beeing to self craft a full set. I see this content as a great life long goal. It's a very creative, interesting and inovative crafting system, it's worth that few years 24/7 gaming to craft that full end game set. Specially that it also has incredible benefits vs the one that you can farm out by a few hammerstation run. I suggest everyone to keep up and do not afraid to sacrefice your real life to achieve this great goal - it's really worth it. I can just bless the one who intruduced this system.

Edited by Csillagkari