Diplomacy and Biochem on the Same Character?

jgmcdee

I have a character with maxed Biochem/Bioanalysis but also maxed Slicing. Is there any benefit to ditching slicing on this character and leveling Diplomacy, as opposed to leveling it on a separate character?

The obvious issue would be if Diplomacy gave any bind on pickup items, is this the case at higher levels? Anything else that I should consider?

As far as I know there is zero reason to level a mission profession (Underworld Trading, Diplomacy, Treasure Hunting) on a main character.

I have found zero BOP items. There are no special benefits (aside, perhaps, from Diplomacy's Light/Dark adjustment).

I have mission professions on all my alts and I simply send the rare materials to whichever crafter needs them.

400 biochem/bioanalysis/diplomacy

I had slicing before, but once it got nerfed I dropped it and picked up diplomacy again. Other than switching toons all the time and spamming guild chat there is no reason why you couldnt have it on an alt.

Edited by Maskis

400 biochem/bioanalysis/diplomacy

In order to create the blue or better recipes you need medical supplies. Medical supplies come from Diplomacy.

Thanks, please can you confirm that none of the Diplomacy drops are bind on pickup?

Thanks, please can you confirm that none of the Diplomacy drops are bind on pickup?

I can also confirm. As far as I know, Diplomacy is the only way to get the blue materials for Biochem. None of which are bop. You can get a lot of companion gifts as well, again none of which are bop.

As far as I know there is zero reason to level a mission profession (Underworld Trading, Diplomacy, Treasure Hunting) on a main character.

I have found zero BOP items. There are no special benefits (aside, perhaps, from Diplomacy's Light/Dark adjustment).

I have mission professions on all my alts and I simply send the rare materials to whichever crafter needs them.

I got it on BH which is my main and it gives me good schematics.