Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

I've gone back through this epic thread and can someone please clarify this for me:

I don't remember what date I did the quest, but I had the conversation with Kira and selected the darkside flirt. After the darkside flirt I had a second conversation with her and picked the flirt option again, this time she kissed me. Is there a conversation to come AFTER that before you finish act one, or am I infact not bugged and should go ahead and finish ACT 1?

I can't remember if there was a separate conversation before the darkside flirt (which would make the 3 conversations?).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its crazy the amount of people that would rage quit the game if Bioware doesn't fix their love romance in game. Think about it folks, you'd quit just because you couldn't get it on with your virtual girlfriend in game?

I'd suggest you find another way to get your kicks, lol. I'd love to have Kira fixed, but that's like not even 1% of the entire game for me. Threatening to rage quit makes it sound like the ONLY reason you play this game is to get it on with Kira. I hear the Sims online gives you plenty of opportunity to "get it on" with virtual females.

I'm not ragequitting, but my heart sure sank when I learned of this bug.

"Man, Doc and T7 sure are chatty!"

NO, KIRA IS BROKEN.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The one I cared about. The one I (in my head) trained. The one I intended to romance.

Imagine going to see a movie. There's action, suspense, twists, and romance. The rest of the movie is intact. But 20 minutes where you found out whether the hero gets the girl is gone. You just sit in the theater chatting until the film returns to the screen.

Wouldn't you want your money back?

Now, in SW:TOR's case, I'm not demanding my money back because I still hope they fix it, and I can play alts in the meanwhile. But for my favorite class/plot to have such a glaring hole, the movie metaphor is apropos and would cause even more anger/frustration than you're seeing here.

I've gone back through this epic thread and can someone please clarify this for me:

I don't remember what date I did the quest, but I had the conversation with Kira and selected the darkside flirt. After the darkside flirt I had a second conversation with her and picked the flirt option again, this time she kissed me. Is there a conversation to come AFTER that before you finish act one, or am I infact not bugged and should go ahead and finish ACT 1?

I can't remember if there was a separate conversation before the darkside flirt (which would make the 3 conversations?).

Finish Act 1. You'll get the remainder of the conversations after that, if your affection is at the required level. The bugged option was fixed on the 27th.

Finished Act 1 on my Re-Roll Knight.

For those who wish to know how romance with Kira effects the dialogue in main and side quests look below:

It doesn't. At least from Tatooine to the end of the Fate of the Jedi mission.

Edited by SuperSair

Finish Act 1. You'll get the remainder of the conversations after that, if your affection is at the required level. The bugged option was fixed on the 27th.

I started my toon in early access. I have finished Chapter 1 and I have over 6K affection with Kira. She still hasn't talked to me at all as of last night. So does the fix only work if you reroll?

I get that a lot of this thread has a lot of anger and irrational hatred of Bioware. But most of us here are people who have accidentally glitched ourselves through a dialog option, without any warning, and are now just not playing our mains because of it. We're paying 15 a month to be able to play this game. The least we should be able to get on an issue like this is an ETA, or them telling us that it may take too long so we can just bite the bullet and reroll. We shouldn't be ashamed.

Thank you! I'm afraid at this point that BioWare isn't even really reading and taking to heart the things written by those of us in this category. All they see is 150 pages strewn with hate-laced landmines, and they don't want to even touch the thread with a 10-foot-pole anymore except to give us a two-sentence "We're still looking into it"-type post every two weeks (if that.)

Imagine going to see a movie. There's action, suspense, twists, and romance. The rest of the movie is intact. But 20 minutes where you found out whether the hero gets the girl is gone. You just sit in the theater chatting until the film returns to the screen.

This, 100%. The people trying to argue that we're only upset about this bug because we're a bunch of loser virgins that want to get off on a fade to black of some pixelated characters making out are just as immature as the ones saying "ZOMG BIOWWARR I WILL BURN YOUR CAT IF U DONT FIX THIS NAO!"

I started my toon in early access. I have finished Chapter 1 and I have over 6K affection with Kira. She still hasn't talked to me at all as of last night. So does the fix only work if you reroll?

Unfortunately yes, I'm now nearing the end of Act I on my recreated Jedi.

The only way to continue the arc if you're already bugged is to wait for Bioware to fix it (don't hold your breath), or reroll. Anyone that did "The Defector" after the 27th should be fine, anyone that used the DS Flirt BEFORE the patch on 27 Dec is at the mercy of the bug squashing team.

A big thanks to SuperSair who posted back on page 135 (I think) in giant font the nudge I needed, to Finish Act 1 to make certain you are bugged. I went ahead and rolled the dice last night to find out that I wasnt in fact glitched as I thought. I simply had exhausted all of the Kira conversations for Act 1. I'm not saying that everyone will be as fortunate, but please make sure you aren't waiting on a false assumption as I was. I had stopped playing at level 35 under the fear that i had glitched since she wasnt talking.

I know it doesnt help those that are definitely glitched and I feel for you. Just make sure you aren't waiting for a patch you dont need IF you havent finished Act 1.

Finished Act 1 on my Re-Roll Knight.

For those who wish to know how romance with Kira effects the dialogue in main and side quests look below:

It doesn't. At least from Tatooine to the end of the Fate of the Jedi mission.

Haha...snarky

People keep mentioning "Acts" in the story line. Maybe I just haven't noticed but are there like stopping points? What are the acts, when do they start and end?

I assume Act 1 is Darth Angral? And once you beat him you start act 2? When does that end?

I ask here because I'm still not 100% sure whether or not I've got my Kira line bugged and I just want to know when to expect quests to show up with her if I'm not since I'm already at 10k affection.

tys in advance. :)

Eh, hate to tell you guys, but bioware DEFINITELY has more on it's plate than some pixalated romance.

YES I understand some of you are frustrated about bugs.

YES I understand you've already put time into your Jedi Knights.

YES I understand that you feel these kind of kinks should have been worked out before launch.

I get all of that, I really do. At first I was irritated that I was missing content as well. After all, this MMORPG is separated from WOW and the others by the fact that this is more story line driven with a little MMORPG sprinkled in. (2.5 million words of audio folks!)

So what'd I do with my lvl 32 sentinel once I fully discovered what this bug was about?

Rerolled a Guardian of course. And in two days alone (even during the work week) I'm back up to lvl 16, go to enjoy the story again, and even made some different choices. I've already got my ship and I'm off Coruscant.

My main point is that you have to take everything with a grain of salt when it comes to a game's initial launch. If you didn't think there would be bugs/glitches/WTFs (however big), then I think you might have had your head in the sand (even if this game had been anticipated for years, and you couldn't wait to just jump in head first, for that I can't blame you either).

I wish you bugged jedi knights the best, hope it's resolved quickly, and may the force be with you!

People keep mentioning "Acts" in the story line. Maybe I just haven't noticed but are there like stopping points? What are the acts, when do they start and end?

I assume Act 1 is Darth Angral? And once you beat him you start act 2? When does that end?

I ask here because I'm still not 100% sure whether or not I've got my Kira line bugged and I just want to know when to expect quests to show up with her if I'm not since I'm already at 10k affection.

tys in advance. :)

Act 1 for a knight ends with Alderaan and the battle that comes from that Darth Angral

Its crazy the amount of people that would rage quit the game if Bioware doesn't fix their love romance in game. Think about it folks, you'd quit just because you couldn't get it on with your virtual girlfriend in game?

I'd suggest you find another way to get your kicks, lol. I'd love to have Kira fixed, but that's like not even 1% of the entire game for me. Threatening to rage quit makes it sound like the ONLY reason you play this game is to get it on with Kira. I hear the Sims online gives you plenty of opportunity to "get it on" with virtual females.

I get that you're trolling, but for the sake of argument I'm going to take your post seriously for a second.

Assume you're right, and that this is a silly thing to get worked-up over. Assume that we who are unhappy about the complete lack of progress or communication after several weeks are simply not as cool as we could be. If we take all of your assumptions as true... it doesn't change anything.

We bought the game, we're subscribers, and this is an advertised feature which we care about and its broken. It doesn't matter how cool we are, how silly we are, or even how reasonable our priorities are, because this is what we've bought, paid for, and want. Yeah, on some level we want to bone our padawan, if only because it's possible to do and we want to see every aspect of the class story. Deal with it.

I've given up and am just finishing my character.

It's disappointing, I've been waiting 30-odd years to immerse myself in this kind of deep and multi-faceted Star Wars story. All I wanted to be when I was a kid was a Jedi Knight :) I'd been following the game since its announcement, was an early forum adopter, and knew exactly how I wanted to play out my story arc the moment I found out about the romance options.

I will admit I almost quit game over this. I did in fact walk away for several days. I was around level 30 when I found out the bug was still intact from beta, and I'm just not one to re-roll from that point. It was already ruined for me.

So, yeah. Youtube'd the romance cutscenes so I have some sense of continuity when it is referenced in dialog. Moving on through Act III and will cap this toon and re-roll Imperial for a new storyline. Time to put this all behind me. I seriously doubt Bioware will have a retrofix for this, and if they do it won't be any time soon.

Take heart, fellow JK's. The game is a bounty of quality storytelling. Move on and enjoy it, its time to put this behind us and accept the reality of the situation.

This isn't the only bug, there's also the bug where all the conversations come at once right after each new chapter or Act begins. And then nothing until the next act, but I realize this bug is just immersion breaking, not gating.

There is also the bug where there is green screen on tatooine when walking, it randomly appears and the one where sand people evade and re-heal etc and so forth.

Flame me all you want but in the scheme of things I should think issues where people can't get into the game at all would be more of a pressing issue then this situation currently.

Not that I'm discounting your plight but attempting to give perspective

There is also the bug where there is green screen on tatooine when walking, it randomly appears and the one where sand people evade and re-heal etc and so forth.

Flame me all you want but in the scheme of things I should think issues where people can't get into the game at all would be more of a pressing issue then this situation currently.

Not that I'm discounting your plight but attempting to give perspective

The Tatoonie Sand People bug, if you are doing the sand rifle quest. Go to the ridge above those bugged guys. I ran into this issue. The ones I needed to kill were on the ridge above there. So, the ones on the ground were bugged, but I was able to complete my quest. You have to go up there anyway for the Duel in the Desert mission =).

The Tatoonie Sand People bug, if you are doing the sand rifle quest. Go to the ridge above those bugged guys. I ran into this issue. The ones I needed to kill were on the ridge above there. So, the ones on the ground were bugged, but I was able to complete my quest. You have to go up there anyway for the Duel in the Desert mission =).

Thanks! I was wondering about that :-)

And to add to what I said earlier, consider this. If someone who was in the hospital with a migraine and had been waiting in the waiting room for 12 hours vs someone who had a massive car accident and was about to lose a leg.

Who do you think the doctors would see to first?

Plenty of people have this bug, specifically people with EGA. Some of us are too invested already in our Guardians/Sents to reroll, some of us believed the Dev post that said it would be ok and to just keep banking or get to know T7, and none of us should have to reroll.

A lot of people hash over the 'importance' of this bug. Trolling of all sorts, but let me draw attention to something Bioware has said over and over about Star Wars The Old Republic: "its all about the journey not the destination." This was their slogan (so to speak).

Going on almost 6 months of this being a "known issue". Come on bioware, "its about the journey" right?

Plenty of people have this bug, specifically people with EGA. Some of us are too invested already in our Guardians/Sents to reroll, some of us believed the Dev post that said it would be ok and to just keep banking or get to know T7, and none of us should have to reroll.

A lot of people hash over the 'importance' of this bug. Trolling of all sorts, but let me draw attention to something Bioware has said over and over about Star Wars The Old Republic: "its all about the journey not the destination." This was their slogan (so to speak).

Going on almost 6 months of this being a "known issue". Come on bioware, "its about the journey" right?

Well said. Im one of those weird people who literally put their JK on hold from story progress and it has not been fun.

How is this a bug, if there are choices that dont open the romance options and others do?

Kira likes the Light side, so a Dark side choice turns her off.

I would agree it could be a big part of people immersion to be disabled but one wrong click though.

As some has said, how much of a factor does the romance effect the main plot? I mean they are all side quests and you might get a hint or two along the way. For me personally I haven't noticed any "huge divergence" from the main storyline. I disagree with folks that would shelve their toons waiting for a fix, simply not worth it in regards to the main story.

For those folks that are claiming they purchased this game and it's broke, bugs happen all the time. By your logic I spent $60 on this game, pay my monthly sub, but I dont expect my "demands" to be met. Sure I would like an option to see the future as a jedi but that won''t be implemented.

Do you go into a movie theater to watch a movie and expect them to change the plot to something you'd like? You get what you get, and if you don't like the movie don't watch it. Or go and blog or tweet how horrible the movie was, etc if that makes you feel better.

To expect the dev's to bend to your demands because you paid X amount of money on this game is rediculous. They have already stated they are aware and fixing the problem. You sound like a kid if you expect them to take you seriously for throwing a tantrum that something's broken and it's not fixed yet. I'd rather them fix the Main Story CLASS quest like BH's that was broken before a bug like this. There are bigger fish to fry.

Edited by Fallenlore

How is this a bug, if there are choices that dont open the romance options and others do?

Kira likes the Light side, so a Dark side choice turns her off.

I would agree it could be a big part of people immersion to be disabled but one wrong click though.

This is a bug, confirmed by the developers. It doesn't stop romance only, it makes her unavailable to talk to and breaks all her quests.

As some has said, how much of a factor does the romance effect the main plot? I mean they are all side quests and you might get a hint or two along the way. For me personally I haven't noticed any "huge divergence" from the main storyline. I disagree with folks that would shelve their toons waiting for a fix, simply not worth it in regards to the main story.

For those folks that are claiming they purchased this game and it's broke, bugs happen all the time. By your logic I spent $60 on this game, pay my monthly sub, but I dont expect my "demands" to be met. Sure I would like an option to see the future as a jedi but that won''t be implemented.

Do you go into a movie theater to watch a movie and expect them to change the plot to something you'd like? You get what you get, and if you don't like the movie don't watch it. Or go and blog or tweet how horrible the movie was, etc if that makes you feel better.

To expect the dev's to bend to your demands because you paid X amount of money on this game is rediculous. They have already stated they are aware and fixing the problem. You sound like a kid if you expect them to take you seriously for throwing a tantrum that something's broken and it's not fixed yet. I'd rather them fix the Main Story CLASS quest like BH's that was broken before a bug like this. There are bigger fish to fry.

The difference between me demanding to change the plot of the movie and wanting them to fix a broken point of the game should be pretty evident. It's more like if you went to see a movie and anytime there was a romance scene, the screen turned black. I think you'd be justified in wanting it to be fixed.

And in regards to shelving our characters, I believe everyone is justified in doing so, if the narrative part of the game is that important to them. Sure, the only thing that may change in the main quest is a few lines of dialog. But I don't want to have Kira's romance after I beat the game, in a series of 20 conversations, referring to things that have long since ended. I want there to be narrative flow, I want to see the full story unfold in a natural fashion. This is a big advertised part of the game. If this was mass effect or dragon age, you could be sure I'd reload an old save to avoid the bug and get the full narrative, even if it did take awhile. But rerolling takes a lot longer if you're at the point where the bug has affected you. We're waiting and hoping that the bug will be fixed so we can get on with our characters. But we're not being told anything.

We mostly all agree that we should have been expecting some bugs. Even big ones like this, which completely cut out an important subplot, can be understood, even if we're peeved that we have them. What most of us want is some communication with Bioware on the issue. Either an ETA or an explanation of what they're doing, anything to reassure us in waiting for a fix, or biting the bullet and rerolling. I agree that things like the BH bug, which breaks their main quest or something, should be fixed first. But I want to know how high this is on their list of priorities, and if it would be easier to just devote myself to starting over. It's pretty surprising by the size of this thread alone that Bioware hasn't made an effort to try and give us an ETA, or anything besides "We're workin' on it."