Healer?

MartyCZE

Hello. I'm contemplating making a IA healer, as my BH is a DPS machine, everyone has sorcerer healer and I loved IA storyline in the beta, so I'm thinking about starting playing IA now and healer was on my second-to-make list. However, I read that IA healer aren't as good as, say, sorcerers. Is that true? Is IA healer even worth making? And is he useful in end game raids/flashpoints, or do other classes easily outperform IA healer? Thanks.

I have a 50 Op healer and they are fine healing. However it is true that Sage/Sorc healers ARE "better" in that they have a bug in their healing that allows for massive HPS difference. Plus they have an easier time with spikes in AoE damage healing due to their resource management. Some will argue that if you want a healer you would be wise to go with the sorcerer, but really if you have a group that is competent then healing as an Op is absolutely fine, and to me, fun. BW DOES need to fix quite a few things to make the healing output on a more equal level, but to me it's not game breaking.

I think he is talking about the sage dbl heal bug. haven't seen that on the sorceror side.

I guess BW is favoring republic.

Oh i have heard it's on their side too, but i can't confirm as i haven't played a sorcerer since early in the beta

My only gripe with operative healing is that we have no "Oh ****!" button. We have SP spam I guess but it usually just delays the inevitable. I would love to be able to cast shield probe on other targets. Zero damage mitigation sucks as a healer. We're not bad, just the other healers do what we do better and easier

My only gripe with operative healing is that we have no "Oh ****!" button. We have SP spam I guess but it usually just delays the inevitable. I would love to be able to cast shield probe on other targets. Zero damage mitigation sucks as a healer. We're not bad, just the other healers do what we do better and easier

Yeah the Shield Probe was something i was thinking would be nice to be able to use on other players. I'll be leveling a sorcerer in the near future probably, but what can I say? I like the challenge of healing on my operative! :)

Edited by Bearski

I think if I make a new toon specifically for healing I am going to go with merc. As far as I know thats the only AC with mobility while healing? I tried spec heals on my sorc and (at level 30) I didn't see that it really made all that much of a difference. I respecced back to madness and concentrate on damage and throw out bubbles and emergency heals when i can.

All in all I am rather blah about the performance of sorc. I am the target of choice in WZ and am constantly focusfired to the point where in some matches I spend more time running from the respawn than actually playing or accomplishing anything. Granted, on my server the repubs in pvp are damn good, usually well coordinated and focused on burning sorcs to ash at every opportunity.

All in all I am rather blah about the performance of sorc. I am the target of choice in WZ and am constantly focusfired to the point where in some matches I spend more time running from the respawn than actually playing or accomplishing anything. Granted, on my server the repubs in pvp are damn good, usually well coordinated and focused on burning sorcs to ash at every opportunity.

I can almost live forever playing my Sorc. Force Speed, bubble, AE knockback? They are a ton more mobile and survivable.

Sure, it's always the other players that suck and not you.

I never said you sucked dude, you are the one drawing that conclusion all on your own.

I am saying that on the server I play on, the opposition is fierce, and it is simply incredibly difficult to survive as a sorceror when you are the most hated class, throwing bubbles and heals, and being focus fired. I know how to use the abilities I have available. I use interrupts, knockbacks, bubbles, speed, the works. None of that is a guarantee of survival when you have 4 dudes on vent and more than likely been tagged, coordinating and actively hunting you down. So your post about how unkillable you are is extremely subjective. Its not a huge leap of logic to assume that if you are so invincible that you aren't facing the kind of opposition that is the norm on my server. It is beyond ridiculous, it sometimes takes 2 days to finish a simple daily.

Now I am not saying I am some incredible player, nor am I some stupid one button spamming git. I use the tools I have and am simply outplayed by a superior and coordinated force.

All in all I am rather blah about the performance of sorc. I am the target of choice in WZ and am constantly focusfired to the point where in some matches I spend more time running from the respawn than actually playing or accomplishing anything.

If you PvP a lot as a healer, you will be focused regardless of the class you choose once people figure out who you are. I have entered matches against premades and been focused within seconds of arriving simply because I run a lot of WZs and I always heal.

Edited by belialle