Heroic space, no elite comms?!

I will add my support to this thread as well. I think though that they need to make all grade 7 space gear player craft-able with no group event components required. If space missions are just a pre end game experience they should not require end game components to fly. I would be happy only flying these on level 50-54 alts and ignoring them at 55 if they didn't cost hundreds of cartel coins or classic coms for the ship parts.

At least give us the credit rewards back for space bonus missions so I don't have to spend every day in the black hole.

I rather enjoy my daily heroic space mission, and I will probably continue to do them with the assumption that Bioware will eventually put something worthwhile on the fleet comms vendor, like top grade crafting mats.

Because, as we all know, there is nothing actually useful on there now.

There's no reason to think that any new crafting material will be implemented. The ONLY reason (I suspect) that the Grade 8 crafting materials that are currently there, are there, is because of the craftable Tier 7 spaceship and those mats are required to make them.

At the moment, no space related items require the new high end exotic materials.

I rather enjoy my daily heroic space mission, and I will probably continue to do them with the assumption that Bioware will eventually put something worthwhile on the fleet comms vendor, like top grade crafting mats.

Because, as we all know, there is nothing actually useful on there now.

i hope there is something like that coming in a s well, i mean the fleet commendation cap now is at 10k, which is a huge number. For right now there's nothing really on the space vendor worth spending coms on. at least before we could buy the lockbox with the chance to get mol stabs. but now nothing.

I wouldn't mind if they took the elite coms away from the dailies but if you'd at least keep them for the weekly, and make it a 3 or 4 mission string. Then you could see yourself "earning" the coms. As of right now i'll keep doing them to grind the coms in hope that they will be relevent again sometime in the future.

Very disappointed in this change. Not only did they take away elite comms (which as mentioned earlier already required 2x the amount to buy anything in 2.0) but the basic comms update was increased to 3. REALLY the big increase was to 3!?? Also I have 3k comms between 2 characters and have nothing of any use to use them on.

If you take the time to make changes that annoy people how about you fix a couple of things like the space achievements or the fact that biochem gathers crafting material that isn't used in any schematic (sorry for the deviation to biochem there).

The gist of my post, I enjoy space missions but now find them next to worthless.

I have seen in other threads posting suggesting that getting "main game" advantage from space missions is just pain old wrong. Why should some players get a leg up from flying around in a spaceship pewpewing when everyone else is getting on with the serious business of daily/weekly repeatables, hard modes and so forth. Space missions should provide only the kinds of rewards which are useful for doing space missions.

It is quite possible that this type of thinking is influencing the devs' decisions to lower rewards from space combat.

I do not subscribe to this idea. The space missions are quite fun, but in reality are very much of a sub par space combat game. This is fine in the context of an add-on to an MMO and indeed, I would go further and say that as an extra on top of the traditional MMO, space combat is a delightful and pleasing extra, but it cannot stand up as a worthwhile game on its own.

Accordingly, attempting to partition the space combat game from the main game is simply wrong. Whilst I enjoy space missions, I can better spend that time either doing dailies, hardmodes and so forth - or, if I want to engage in a space combat sim, go and play a completely different game with more complexity and depth. What makes time in space missions worthwhile is the link between the space game and the main game, giving sensible rewards for time invested. This is particularly true when people are spending money on cartel coins to get the level 7 upgrades - frankly with the state of the GTN (on my server at least) I see no incentive to have my Cybertech craft them.

This isn't to say the rewards should be huge. Space missions all are quick, only taking a few minutes to do. This is in contrast to a quest which generally takes longer. Rewards should reflect time and effort - but also be useful. A lot of basic commendations becomes less than useful very quickly.

I rather like the idea someone posted above, let there be a weekly mission, rather like some of the weekly missions in the main game and give a large reward for that (including elite comms). If such a mission were available, I would be quite happy with the current rewards we see today.

It is also worth noting that the rewards from space missions are self limiting, simply by virtue of the small number of (heroic) missions to be done each week. Space missions cannot be overly impactful to the main game due to this factor alone.

It seems a shame that given the effort put in to provide an extra dimension to the game that we are repeatedly disincentivized to participate in that activity. I do think it's time to step back and re-evaluate the reward system in space combat, providing a level where players feel like it is a worthwhile activity. This could come from adding more attractive items to the fleet commendation vendor, or by changing the rewards given for the missions themselves.

Watch... this is probably all been so that they can add new Space missions. New space missions that will require new space ship parts.

I think I am sadder for the death of Space Missions than I was for the death of the orange pixel.

Has there been ANY developer response to the MANY threads complaining about this change?

Amber, where are you? You seem like a very good advocate for the player voice. In fact, you were a part of a couple of long threads relating to space missions that went on before 2.0. We could really use you here. Please throw us a line.

Ya there needs to be slightly more incentive to do heroic space now. This is the toughest space combat in the game, the rewards should reflect that!

Give us a "weekly" space combat quest to do each heroic mission one time. This may take some people more than a week to finish, but make the rewards reflect this.

As it is now these missions have been nerfed to pointlessness for most people at endgame. We NEED something else to do other than raid or fp's. make space mean something again please!!

Make them give more money... cause im losing incentive to do them for 3 basic comms...

5 basic comms and more money would make sense. As well placing a few new things in the Fleet Commendations Vendor would be best.

Why not items that we want on our ships? Such as putting Mailboxes and stuff you can get for credits, allow you to get them for Fleet Comms.

The best would be to give you items to decorate your ship, and hopefully one day your guild vessel.

Just a thought.

I have seen in other threads posting suggesting that getting "main game" advantage from space missions is just pain old wrong. Why should some players get a leg up from flying around in a spaceship pewpewing when everyone else is getting on with the serious business of daily/weekly repeatables, hard modes and so forth. Space missions should provide only the kinds of rewards which are useful for doing space missions.

It is quite possible that this type of thinking is influencing the devs' decisions to lower rewards from space combat.

I do not subscribe to this idea. .....

Neither do I, and this is why:

We have players saying things along the lines of "I'm doing more work and effort on hard mode ops, etc, so I should get better rewards".

If that is what is influencing decisions on gameplay, then it is based on flawed logic.

Doing more work and effort should result in MORE rewards, not BETTER rewards. All you are doing is pissing off a segment of your player base for no good reason.

Perhaps they are doing this to make more people do group content, in order to satisfy the demands of people who feel they have to wait too long to get a group to form on Group Finder. I don't know. What I do know is this is the same crap another MMO pulled, and rather than force me to choose between doing raid group heroic dungeons or getting diddly squat rewards, I chose instead to quit that game entirely.

Ya I'm hardly doing these at all and the only ones I do anymore are on my toons that have yet to get to 55 for the exp. the rewards aren't enough anymore compare to what they were before the multiple nerfs to the rewards for these.

Its honestly faster for me to max out my elite comms than it is basic. Also once you are in 69 modded gear, there is no reason for elite comms other than gearing companions/alts out. At least with basic comms you can turn around and make a quick million or so credits per week selling Isotope-5 or 66 gear from the vendor.

Also...the rewards from a particular type of mission typically should make repeating similar missions easier or make more difficult ones available and doable. I wouldn't mind seeing harder space missions with better upgrades available for fleet comms or basic comms. I can't really see the need for rewarding elite comms though.

Space enemies aren't going to fear your min/maxxed 69 gear from your pilot seat. Rewarding elite comms would only serve to circumvent the more popular (and in my personal opinion more fun) challenge of hard mode flashpoints and operations.

The only valid reason i heard for them getting rid of the elite coms for space combat is that people are macroing the fights and getting the rewards, which is a valid point, and also against the EULA.

There is a potentially easy fix for this. reward the elite comms only as part of the weekly and make the weekly consist of random missions, in random order.

Example make it a 3 mission weekly, (just like the FP HM weekly) but make it randomly select which 3 missions pop (just like it does on the gf for the daily fp reward) That way it would make it impossible for people to macro the missions because they wouldn't know which 3 missions would pop at any time for the weekly.

I hear what you are saying but I do not necessarily agree that it is a valid point. If people are violating the EULA that should be addressed by dealing with the people committing such violations. Not by ruining a fun part of the game for those that enjoy it.

Also, it was 16 elite comms a week. Is macro'ing something like that really so useful?

I just don't get it.

Edited by Fubarq