Armorings and set bonuses.

-Holmes

I'm nearly 50 on my operative.

I've had a good look at the War Hero gear, and I've looked at the tionese gear as well.

I like the tionese set bonus a lot more, so I wonder what happens if I put a war hero armoring in a Tionese chest piece? Will the war hero bonus overwrite the tionese bonus because it's higher grade, or will the tionese set bonus stay because it's bound to the piece?

I've read that the armoring bonus will trump the shell bonus but I've never tried it.

yup. if you have TIonese chest (called Shell), and put armoring from PVP set (Like war hero or elite WH), you will be using pvp armor set bonus.

Before you could put armoring from Battle Master, but it's no longer there to buy.

Edited by Atramar

yup. if you have TIonese chest (called Shell), and put armoring from PVP set (Like war hero or elite WH), you will be using pvp armor set bonus.

Before you could put armoring from Battle Master, but it's no longer there to buy.

So I would be better off using a couple of good PvE armorings instead of the 2 WH/EH armorings so I keep the one bonus I need from the tionese set, right?

So I would be better off using a couple of good PvE armorings instead of the 2 WH/EH armorings so I keep the one bonus I need from the tionese set, right?

if you think about healer bonus, then yes (I'd guess), getting 2 L 61 armorings from Campaing (25-30 comms each?) would made your day, that is what I'm doing for my operative healer any way (note, you can put those armorings in belt / braces, you progress pvp gear normally, while doings some flashpoints just for belt/braces, adn keep 4 pvp set bonus + 2 pve set bonus)

if you think about healer bonus, then yes (I'd guess), getting 2 L 61 armorings from Campaing (25-30 comms each?) would made your day, that is what I'm doing for my operative healer any way (note, you can put those armorings in belt / braces, you progress pvp gear normally, while doings some flashpoints just for belt/braces, adn keep 4 pvp set bonus + 2 pve set bonus)

Even for DPS operative, a 15% critical chance increase for one of my main, and heaviest abilities, well, more worth that the +1 dodge second.