Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Que on the Ebon Hawk. Again.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Que on the Ebon Hawk. Again.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MeNaCe-NZ
08.17.2017 , 10:02 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DWho View Post
If you read the server merger thread its 240 pages of arguing back and forth with absolutely no consensus at all.
240 pages of most people wanting merges except a few who don't you mean. Not sure if you need EVERYONE to agree to call it a consensus or not?

casirabit
08.17.2017 , 10:13 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
240 pages of most people wanting merges except a few who don't you mean. Not sure if you need EVERYONE to agree to call it a consensus or not?
While some do agree with a merger, there have been quite a few that do not want to be merged with Harbinger, especially some of us on Ebon Hawk.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

DWho
08.17.2017 , 10:18 PM | #23
I'd say its about a dozen on each side with a few others voicing their opinions and then getting shouted down by the opposing side. I guess it could be more than half if you added the ones who are alright with mergers if certain aspects are fixed first since the majority of those opposed only oppose them because of problems that could be fixed by Bioware like transferring guilds intact and a separate server for the RP players.That is however, a very big if. It hardly represents the entire playerbase though since less than half of the players can post to the forums and of those that can only a tiny fraction actually do. And those posting to the forums are generally complaining about something so they are not really representative of the community as a whole.

MeNaCe-NZ
08.17.2017 , 10:38 PM | #24
I'd say its about a dozen on each side with a few others voicing their opinions and then getting shouted down by the opposing side. I guess it could be more than half if you added the ones who are alright with mergers if certain aspects are fixed first since the majority of those opposed only oppose them because of problems that could be fixed by Bioware like transferring guilds intact and a separate server for the RP players.That is however, a very big if. It hardly represents the entire playerbase though since less than half of the players can post to the forums and of those that can only a tiny fraction actually do. And those posting to the forums are generally complaining about something so they are not really representative of the community as a whole.
You would say or you've counted? The evidence is there if you want to count it.

DWho
08.17.2017 , 11:02 PM | #25
You would say or you've counted? The evidence is there if you want to count it.
Interpret what I said however you like. I'm done with that thread and not going back even to count posts. You can if you like. I'll just take the position of waiting to see if Bioware announces server mergers. Until then, they are not going to happen regardless of what either side wants.

vadess
08.18.2017 , 01:58 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
While some do agree with a merger, there have been quite a few that do not want to be merged with Harbinger, especially some of us on Ebon Hawk.
Yes. NO MERGING EH with Harbinger. If only because Harbinger is a west coast PVE server, with a community that I found quite toxic after only a few days being on there and EH is an east coast RP-PVE server where the community is much better, and I have a strong guild there.

So no.

Besides: this forum post was about the server que on EH. That's it. Not about some nonsense regarding server merges with any server.

Ylliarus
08.18.2017 , 02:44 AM | #27
I'd say its about a dozen on each side with a few others voicing their opinions and then getting shouted down by the opposing side.
That is a very accurate description of the Server Merge Discussion thread and I think it's also the reason why the Devs don't bother with replying there anymore. I personally think the numbers are close like 55% for server merges and 45% against or maybe 52% and 48%, but based on what I heard and know from the community I am convinced there is a majority, if only slight, of those in favour of server merges.

Quote: Originally Posted by vadess View Post
Not about some nonsense regarding server merges with any server.
Server Merges are not nonsense, it's a realistic possibility that Bioware is considering to implement. And what if the queues and issues with servers is them being prepared fo a server merge? Did you consider that?
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

Qouivandes
08.18.2017 , 07:14 AM | #28
being from ebon i would prefer not to merge with harb. tyvm.
*.**.* The Cer'qeuil Legacy *.**.*
*.*.* Ebon Hawk *. *.*
. This is my referral link. We both get some goodies so feel free to click and earn

kodrac
08.18.2017 , 07:24 AM | #29
I'm done with that thread and not going back even to count posts.
So you brought it to a different thread instead. Nice job.
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

Jaymzter
08.20.2017 , 07:16 PM | #30
Hmm, sounds like to me that the Ebon Hawk server is the one to avoid.